Author Topic: 8th generation  (Read 5127 times)

Offline GoldenFox93

• Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: -5
  • The Guy
    • http://www.facebook.com/h
    • http://www.youtube.com/ro
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
Re: 8th generation
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2012, 02:17:57 PM »
Am I the only one who thinks that the Vita sounds like a kind of biscuit?

"Cries and screams are music to my ears."
-Soundwave

Offline GarvinTheGreat

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2012, 02:18:20 PM »
Twisted Metal is for real MANLY MEN

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
  • Rep: 3
    • Badnik96GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • BattleBots Wiki
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2012, 02:20:18 PM »
Eff you hardbot and your Nintendo-haterness. Mario Kart all the waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Offline Hard Bot

• Were you looking for someone else?
  • Super Heavyweight
  • My RAM is full of .bot files
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2012, 02:23:51 PM »
What about Forza Motorsport 5? If I do make a decision to get an Xbox 720, I might get that...if it ever is released. AND a PS4 for Gran Turismo 6.

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
  • Rep: 3
    • Badnik96GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • BattleBots Wiki
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2012, 02:24:14 PM »
nope mario kart still rocks

Offline Naryar

• Rep: 21
  • hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2012, 02:24:58 PM »
Because this is ultimately not a good thread. Realistically this thread does not deserve a point related to it, especially when there is no real point to make.

Also, I fail to exactly see how it was a <expletive> (and believe me, if you thought warning us was a good idea, your gratuitous use of expletives certainly makes YOU deserve one) considering the content was in no way a personal attack at all. If you interpret what is effectively a show of disinterest on what is the content of the topic (I personally posted my particular content to convey that we have very little to look forward to if we don't know what it is; realistically the features of the console could be anything, and while my joke is somewhat exaggerated it does go towards making the point that we cannot realistically expect anything from a console we know little about other than what is announced) a <expletive>, you're not looking into this thickly enough. Before you assume that I was trolling Hard Bot (which I consider redundant), I was commenting on how useless any speculation was.

Now, before you judge my moral code, how about you warn yourself for swearing outside of playground?

In any case, nothing can be said about these consoles but I'm looking forward to Sony compared to the other two.

If it is not a good thread, point why it isn't and stick to this instead of posting unrelated nonsense and going with the other sheep !

Besides, this looked like a speculation/anticipation thread, it's not because we don't know much about something that any thread discussing it is automatically invalid.

Besides, this thread was a troll fest. Maybe you weren't the most aggressive, but it nevertheless was. People trying to be funny and piss off hard bot by posting unrelated nonsense.

Also, the swearing outside of playground is ACAMS's rule, not mine. I don't even think I warned someone for swearing (or maybe ACAMS once for laughs, and to remind him of his moral code), and if I did I would indeed be an hypocrite. Besides, I used an expletive (or two) for emphasis and to drive my point across.

ACAMS may warn me for using swear words, and I will accept it.

Besides, I did not judge your moral code because I know it's mostly alright. I said you were ignoring it.

Offline madman3

• Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 8
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2012, 02:37:58 PM »
Because this is ultimately not a good thread. Realistically this thread does not deserve a point related to it, especially when there is no real point to make.

Also, I fail to exactly see how it was a <expletive> (and believe me, if you thought warning us was a good idea, your gratuitous use of expletives certainly makes YOU deserve one) considering the content was in no way a personal attack at all. If you interpret what is effectively a show of disinterest on what is the content of the topic (I personally posted my particular content to convey that we have very little to look forward to if we don't know what it is; realistically the features of the console could be anything, and while my joke is somewhat exaggerated it does go towards making the point that we cannot realistically expect anything from a console we know little about other than what is announced) a <expletive>, you're not looking into this thickly enough. Before you assume that I was trolling Hard Bot (which I consider redundant), I was commenting on how useless any speculation was.

Now, before you judge my moral code, how about you warn yourself for swearing outside of playground?

In any case, nothing can be said about these consoles but I'm looking forward to Sony compared to the other two.

If it is not a good thread, point why it isn't and stick to this instead of posting unrelated nonsense and going with the other sheep !

Besides, this looked like a speculation/anticipation thread, it's not because we don't know much about something that any thread discussing it is automatically invalid.

Besides, this thread was a troll fest. Maybe you weren't the most aggressive, but it nevertheless was. People trying to be funny and piss off hard bot by posting unrelated nonsense.

Also, the swearing outside of playground is ACAMS's rule, not mine. I don't even think I warned someone for swearing (or maybe ACAMS once for laughs, and to remind him of his moral code), and if I did I would indeed be an hypocrite. Besides, I used an expletive (or two) for emphasis and to drive my point across.

ACAMS may warn me for using swear words, and I will accept it.

Besides, I did not judge your moral code because I know it's mostly alright. I said you were ignoring it.

Well, first of all, I wasn't ignoring my moral code, as I've stated. I'm not sure about the other people here, but I had no inclination to troll Hard Bot, only the thread and how useless it is at this stage. Also, I have now pointed out why this thread is useless, so while I admit the way I used my post is less effective as you evidently identified it as an attack on Hard Bot, it was not designed to convey aggression towards him, rather the sheer pointlessness of the thread.

As for your view, speculation here does serve little validity when you're speculating about something that hasn't been announced. It would be like me creating a thread about saying that dogs will attack my house tomorrow with laser canons. Sure, that's an exaggeration, but it's the same principle and people will not care about a thread about that subject (unless there's some sort of wish for my death here).

I apologize to Hard Bot if he took offense, but let he know that I've got nothing against him (other than his tendency to make subjective comments without justification) and that he could probably benefit from the points of made somewhere in this thread.

As for you, if you interpret my post as "useless nonsense", which I've already stated against, then you're not taking note of the content of my post and my stated reasoning for it.

Offline Hard Bot

• Super Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards

Offline madman3

• Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 8
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: 8th generation speculation
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2012, 02:45:16 PM »
And this thread just gained a purpose.
This is worrying news, but it's still speculation from the site.

Offline Virus Bomb

Offline System32

• Rep: 4
  • Reality
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2012, 04:01:28 PM »
Naryar: HB has made 3 threads with no actual meaningful content.
Put this onto your signature if you were part of this crappy fad in '03.

Offline frezal

• Pronouns: any
  • Rep: 5
  • I am all eyes
    • https://www.youtube.com/u
    • View Profile
    • Oh, she’s on Instagram!
    • Awards
  • Discord: shelly.burger#9497
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2012, 04:04:35 PM »
Xbox 180- Microsoft's debut in handheld gaming.
Not gonna happen. If anything, Microsoft will try to push gaming on its Windows Phone OS and Windows 8 for tablets.
Destroy your lives, on purpose!

Offline Hard Bot

• Super Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards

Offline Scourge of teh Galaxy

• Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
  • Where do folks go when they die?
    • http://www.facebook.com/b
    • houndoomrulz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Showcase     Wiki     deviantART     tumblr

Offline cephalopod

« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2012, 06:25:11 PM »
1) That 180 article is from 2008
2) Playing the same games from the console on a screen on the controller? Hullo Wii U.
bristol bot builders / two headed death flamingo / snappy robots
//
kindest and friendliest '13, '15, '16, '17 / favourite staff member '14, '15

Offline Incredirobotwars

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Unimaginative reuse of original avatar FTW
    • http://www.facebook.com/#
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2012, 05:00:05 PM »
What about Forza Motorsport 5? If I do make a decision to get an Xbox 720, I might get that...if it ever is released. AND a PS4 for Gran Turismo 6.
Another Forza game has already been announced for release. It may not be a true Forza 'sequel', but it does look good graphical-design-wise, as should be expected from Forza Motorsport games: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forza_Horizon

Wait a minute...the 720 will not use a disc drive, here's why: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=xbox%20720%20no%20disc%20drive&source=web&cd=8&sqi=2&ved=0CIIBEBYwBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.computerandvideogames.com%2F339324%2Fxbox-720-wont-have-a-disc-drive-report%2F&ei=P5rXT8OvMaec2AW9p_SqDw&usg=AFQjCNErVdcRInzvStzw56gm8XmI4LYvVQ

So I'm getting a PS4.
If anything that's an extreme improvement. The Xbox 360 storage paradigm is awful. The hard-drive base made it too bulky, and not exactly 'portable', just 'detatchable' and 'transferrable'. By using this, the same idea of transferring your save data can be used, but with a much smaller storage device. I also doubt that the 720 would be released in 2013.

Offline powerrave

• Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2012, 05:08:35 AM »
Or they just learn how to use disc drives... And go blu-ray. That would be an improvement.

But now is still too early to say that any of this is definite.
I am curious to the PS4 though.
"Always be yourself, unless you're a loser"