Author Topic: Yeastisbeast's DSL Showcase  (Read 1860 times)

Offline Yeastisbeast

• Beetleweight
  • Rep: 0
  • I'm back, but no-one noticed I was gone
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Yeastisbeast's DSL Showcase
« on: November 16, 2014, 03:04:58 AM »
My first attept at a showcase(cos I'm even worse at stock than I am at DSL). I thought I'd get things started with the 2 best bots I made from each devision.Yeah you are gonna have 2 click on the image to make it full size. Anyone know how to make images bigger when you upload them?
A.W.D.Y stands for are we there yet? A.W.D.Y is probably my best bot, the flipper can get underneath anything most of the time, but it's a little unbalanced, and bucks when you spin the discs up.
Socket launcher is OK, not much to say about it really.
Electo is pretty awful, but I didn't want to post Dr.Pixel, cos he was entered in dynamic duos. Works a bit like A.W.D.Y, but worse, usuallly, I don't use the titianium sheet (which flips) for anything other than self-righting
Pollutant is pretty good it's tough and destrictive, but it's a bit big and if you turn sharply when the weapons are spinning it flips over, and you have to let it skitter to the arena wall to right itself.
Unwanted is also pretty good. It has a powerful thwack. But it's hard to control and if run head first into the arena wall, it will probably pole-vault over it's own weapon and fly out.
The Hacker is kinda average, it does damage when it flips and has lots of traction, but it's rear is a bit vunreable, and also, The Hacker is no were near OOTA  powerful, and often has trouble getting killing blows.
RA2 showcase final bit.png
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 01:28:09 PM by Craaig »
Huzzah! This post is bad now!

Offline Naryar

• Rep: 21
  • hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: A DSL showcase thingy
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 03:35:15 AM »
Do not use thumbnails. Use the IMG tags.

also, please make a picture for each bot... a relatively large one so I may see what it is. make your showcase so people can see your bots clearly and easily.

Offline Avalanche

• Retired.
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: -34
  • Yeah, I don't know why I'm still here either.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: ThePootisPower#8377
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 05:36:38 AM »

Here's a non thumbnail version.
Socket Launcher should not use Shiny Hub Wheels as they are not too good i believe, so move your motors down and use hypno wheels. If you want big wheels you can use Vlad or Tornado wheels but those are unnecessary as your bot should be able to self right with ease. Make it so your flippers are not connected with a angle connector either as those are fairly useless and rather brittle if i remember correctly. You could use a flipper maker instead.
Never ever use aluminium armor. It is just terrible. It has the issue of having a bad weight/armor ratio.
Former DSL HW champion.
Runner-Up in The Cybernetic Colosseum HW division.
Semi-finalist in RNP: Sword of Glory.
Robogames 1 BW Runner-up.
Professional cunt.
Man of a thousand alt accounts.

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 06:18:59 AM »
holy batman huge pics

Offline Yeastisbeast

• Beetleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2014, 07:15:17 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)
Here's a non thumbnail version.
Socket Launcher should not use Shiny Hub Wheels as they are not too good i believe, so move your motors down and use hypno wheels. If you want big wheels you can use Vlad or Tornado wheels but those are unnecessary as your bot should be able to self right with ease. Make it so your flippers are not connected with a angle connector either as those are fairly useless and rather brittle if i remember correctly. You could use a flipper maker instead.
Never ever use aluminium armor. It is just terrible. It has the issue of having a bad weight/armor ratio.
OK, I'll change the wheels; but I need the flippers at an angle cos they double up as protection.

Offline Yeastisbeast

• Beetleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2014, 07:15:44 AM »

also, please make a picture for each bot... a relatively large one so I may see what it is. make your showcase so people can see your bots clearly and easily.
I tried, but when I pressed upload nothing happened.

Offline AlexGRFan97

• Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: -7
  • Cheeki Breeki.
    • AlexGRFan97
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2014, 07:21:53 AM »

http://imgur.com/
or http://tinypic.com/ if you just want your picture on the net without having to create an account

Offline Avalanche

• Retired.
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: -34
  • Yeah, I don't know why I'm still here either.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: ThePootisPower#8377
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2014, 07:25:05 AM »
The first item in extenders has angles you can use. Try those. You could potentially just use the burst itself to angle the flippers. And use flippermakers at the very least instead of the system you have now.Also, never use aluminum armor. Just dont.

When you make a post, use the full reply button with all the smileys. Then underneath the smilies there is a add image to post. Click that button, in the box put your image you want to add, then tell it to upload. 3 links will popup. Copy and paste the TOP one with img tags.
Former DSL HW champion.
Runner-Up in The Cybernetic Colosseum HW division.
Semi-finalist in RNP: Sword of Glory.
Robogames 1 BW Runner-up.
Professional cunt.
Man of a thousand alt accounts.

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2014, 07:48:54 AM »

you need to wait for the upload to finish. also use PNG's not BMP's because BMP's are overly large in file size.

Offline Yeastisbeast

• Beetleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Yeastisbeast's DSL Showcase
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2014, 11:41:41 AM »
I have improved socket launcher, it's now faster, better traction and even though it reduced the armour, tougher because I added side panels and DSL bars in place to protect it.
I made a new middle wieght called Factory-made, cos' it looks a bit dull because of the design, however ,it is pretty destructive. It's a bit slow though, and unless it's against a popup, it is faster, and better protected when flipped. 

Offline Jakewilliamson

• Founder of Yugioh Robotics
  • Middleweight
  • Fully Charged!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2014, 01:00:15 PM »
Never, EVER use those smaller black batteries in DSL2.

Maces on a disc? nope.avi.

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2014, 03:23:28 PM »
it is noticeably better than your first post but you need to know how to correctly showcase your bots because either it is a small image, we can't figure out details and we need to click on it, and then it is a LOOONG image and we need to scroll to see it correctly.

just make 2 different images so they aren't resized.

read this :

https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php/topic,2143.0.html,

courtesy of scrap daddy

Offline cephalopod

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2014, 04:38:43 PM »
Factory Made is not actually legal in either DSL-S or IRL due to the disc and maces cutting through the motor belt.
bristol bot builders / two headed death flamingo / snappy robots
//
kindest and friendliest '13, '15, '16, '17 / favourite staff member '14, '15

Offline Jakewilliamson

• Founder of Yugioh Robotics
  • Middleweight
  • Fully Charged!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2014, 01:25:47 AM »
Factory Made is not actually legal in either DSL-S or IRL due to the disc and maces cutting through the motor belt.
^This

Offline The Ounce

• Rep: 4
  • Up and about
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2014, 01:49:27 AM »
Is it me or does Socket Launcher's chassis look taller than it needs to be?  Also is there nothing you can spend the remaining 20 kgs on?

As for Factory-made, definitely listen to Craaig and Jake regarding the batteries and disc; shrinking the disc looks like the best solution from my standpoint.  If it's supposed to be IRL you could invest in bottom supports for the disc if there aren't any already.  If speed's a problem, maybe try swapping the wheels for Vlads.

Tournament Record: 94 Wins - 50 Losses
Challenge Record: 2 Wins - 2 Losses

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2014, 03:53:25 AM »
i feel that you are spending too much weight on armor, could be spent on stronger drive or weaponry