Author Topic: TommyProductionsInc DSL Showcase  (Read 50480 times)

Offline Philippa

• The Queen of GTM
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
  • ✊ Viva la Standard! ✊
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: TommyProductionsInc DSL Showcase
« Reply #300 on: December 31, 2016, 07:56:26 PM »
It's just a great big grey box.

Offline Avalanche

• Retired.
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: -34
  • Yeah, I don't know why I'm still here either.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: ThePootisPower#8377
« Reply #301 on: December 31, 2016, 07:59:30 PM »
Good lord. That is GENIUS. Build a HW version A longer VDMA burst will give you even more power there, and using a highly centered JX burst, you could build something like terrorhurtz and get the axe head moving at incredibly realistic speeds! Also, holy s*** (do i get warnings for self-censoring expletives?) think of the beta replica possibilities!
Former DSL HW champion.
Runner-Up in The Cybernetic Colosseum HW division.
Semi-finalist in RNP: Sword of Glory.
Robogames 1 BW Runner-up.
Professional cunt.
Man of a thousand alt accounts.

Offline Dreamcast

• Rep: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #302 on: December 31, 2016, 08:00:52 PM »
I'm kinda known for making weird bots.

Venko gives his greetings.

Offline 09090901

• competitive irl
  • Rep: 22
  • anti-boomer super soldier
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #303 on: December 31, 2016, 08:27:08 PM »
not really new, the nar ai deadbeat has the same setup and is old as sh**

how havoky is it? i made one in stock and it had massive havok problems
DSL-IRL is the libtard’s meta. Go drink more soylent, retard! #BLUELIVESMATTER

Offline TommyProductionsInc

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 12
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #304 on: December 31, 2016, 09:51:56 PM »
not really new, the nar ai deadbeat has the same setup and is old as sh**

how havoky is it? i made one in stock and it had massive havok problems

Mine doesn't havok at all. The ballast at the side of the mechanism seems to keep the robot stable.

Offline Gulden

• Am I still considered active?
  • Rep: 7
  • Currently trying to make a Riff in Time and Space.
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Gulden#1901
« Reply #305 on: January 01, 2017, 12:32:23 AM »
Pretty sure your burst motor of choice is made for being on the outside of the chassis.
I have several opinions.

Offline 090901

• alcoholic in denial
  • Rep: 22
  • :mrgreen:
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 GTMCS2 Divison Winner GTMCS Division Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #306 on: January 01, 2017, 06:51:10 PM »
if you mount the JX outside the chassis you should be able to make some dope support with discs and round extenders for it

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #307 on: February 23, 2017, 11:09:40 PM »
Here we go again, this time my IRL GHW Metal Mohamed:

WATCH HIM FLEX!

I think I'll make another IRL GHW...I just wonder what it'll be...

Offline botbuster

• Razer
  • Middleweight
  • Rep: -19
  • welcome back to robot wars
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #308 on: March 11, 2017, 03:24:29 PM »
Nice walkers, m8. Is there any possibility to show a video of them? I'm interested in their walking capabilities.
Sorry dude, but i have no video capturing software, or YouTube account. :(
HOWEVER, I will gladly send it to bot exchange so you could see for yourself, if you want. :mrgreen:
What is it called?
RA2 Awards Most Enthusiastic 2023
Tournament Records and Rewards

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #309 on: March 12, 2017, 12:24:02 PM »
Nice walkers, m8. Is there any possibility to show a video of them? I'm interested in their walking capabilities.
Sorry dude, but i have no video capturing software, or YouTube account. :(
HOWEVER, I will gladly send it to bot exchange so you could see for yourself, if you want. :mrgreen:
What is it called?
I believe it was called The Green Monster or something like that.

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #310 on: June 24, 2018, 06:53:21 PM »
Wow, an ENTIRE year? Eh, I did lose interest in making IRL bots, since there's so many other people who can do better than me.

Regardless, I have a potential future project that I may start working on in the future and that requires a bunch of robots and bios. A potential story I most likely will write and possibly animate as well in a few years when I go to film school.

Here's Blue Moose, basically a knock-off of Toro and RedBull. If Redbull gives you wings, Blue Moose gives you antlers.

INB4 someone makes a Happy Tree Friends Lumpy reference.

Blue Moose1.png

Blue Moose2.png

Based off one of my lego robots, but made to be more realistic. And added antlers.
The two ballasts in the back are there to stay, so don't criticize their awkward appearance on his rear end.
I'll be making some more robots.

Here's the "bio" for this one:

"Blue Moose is a young rookie robot and consistently performs like a pro. The team are great sports and it's believed they used real moose antlers on their robot. They're also trying to promote their new energy drink, also called Blue Moose. It gives you energy, AND antlers."

Expect more to come.

Offline Billy5545

• Best Newcomer 2018
  • Rep: 4
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: Kendor#3191
« Reply #311 on: June 24, 2018, 09:37:03 PM »
Wow, an ENTIRE year? Eh, I did lose interest in making IRL bots, since there's so many other people who can do better than me.

Regardless, I have a potential future project that I may start working on in the future and that requires a bunch of robots and bios. A potential story I most likely will write and possibly animate as well in a few years when I go to film school.

Here's Blue Moose, basically a knock-off of Toro and RedBull. If Redbull gives you wings, Blue Moose gives you antlers.

INB4 someone makes a Happy Tree Friends Lumpy reference.
  [ Quoting of attachment images from other messages is not allowed ]  
Based off one of my lego robots, but made to be more realistic. And added antlers.
The two ballasts in the back are there to stay, so don't criticize their awkward appearance on his rear end.
I'll be making some more robots.

Here's the "bio" for this one:

"Blue Moose is a young rookie robot and consistently performs like a pro. The team are great sports and it's believed they used real moose antlers on their robot. They're also trying to promote their new energy drink, also called Blue Moose. It gives you energy, AND antlers."

Expect more to come.
The bio, lol. Anyway, can you post internal shot for your bot?

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #312 on: June 25, 2018, 03:12:24 PM »
Sure! There's not much to it really.

Blue Moose Internals.png

Anyway, here's my next bot, also a flipper, also animal themed, and he even has little thingies on his head. Say hello to Demon Cow, a top-hinged flipper, a design inspired by RW competitor The Mule and my lego bot Demon Cow. I was gonna name him Cow Satan, but Demon Cow has a better, funnier ring to it.

Cow Satan1.png

Cow Satan2.png

Cow Satan3.png

His insides are densely packed, and I don't feel like taking him apart, so here's an obscured view of the internals.

Cow Satan Insides.png

Here's his bio:
"Legendary flipper Demon Cow returns from retirement to claim another championship. But has his design aged well? Notorious for out of the arena flips and attacking the house robots, even flipping the mighty Mr. Massacre, the boss of the house robots, this bot is definitely championship material."

Yes, I said house robots. I'm making a series about robot combat, a story, and it features original house robot designs. I'm not sure how far I will take it. It'll probably start as a webcomic, and then escalate to animation when I go to film school. I aspire to become a story-writer.

I feel like these are genuinely made IRL, in that there's not much effort in making them combat effective. I just have a vision of what each one looks like, and bring it to life in RA2.

Offline Billy5545

• Best Newcomer 2018
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #313 on: June 25, 2018, 07:23:29 PM »
Sure! There's not much to it really.
Anyway, here's my next bot, also a flipper, also animal themed, and he even has little thingies on his head. Say hello to Demon Cow, a top-hinged flipper, a design inspired by RW competitor The Mule and my lego bot Demon Cow. I was gonna name him Cow Satan, but Demon Cow has a better, funnier ring to it.
His insides are densely packed, and I don't feel like taking him apart, so here's an obscured view of the internals.
Here's his bio:
"Legendary flipper Demon Cow returns from retirement to claim another championship. But has his design aged well? Notorious for out of the arena flips and attacking the house robots, even flipping the mighty Mr. Massacre, the boss of the house robots, this bot is definitely championship material."

Yes, I said house robots. I'm making a series about robot combat, a story, and it features original house robot designs. I'm not sure how far I will take it. It'll probably start as a webcomic, and then escalate to animation when I go to film school. I aspire to become a story-writer.

I feel like these are genuinely made IRL, in that there's not much effort in making them combat effective. I just have a vision of what each one looks like, and bring it to life in RA2.
Another awesome bot and bio. And do you say that you aspire to become a story writer and made an original story about robot combat. I'm currently writing a robot combat Multiverse crossover Fanfic, where 24 roboteers from fictional universes will fight. I will show you further details and the unfinished Fanfic in a PM

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • I wish to be with my people
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2019
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #314 on: June 25, 2018, 07:35:51 PM »
I think you might need a few more batteries
also lol at most toxic guy around calling others out on this sh**
Google Drive with my newer bots

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #315 on: June 25, 2018, 09:45:54 PM »
Another awesome bot and bio. And do you say that you aspire to become a story writer and made an original story about robot combat. I'm currently writing a robot combat Multiverse crossover Fanfic, where 24 roboteers from fictional universes will fight. I will show you further details and the unfinished Fanfic in a PM
Hm. That sounds interesting. May as well check it out.
I think you might need a few more batteries
Eh, I'm not using these for combat. They're just for show.

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #316 on: June 30, 2018, 09:23:34 PM »
Here's another bot with a bio and a place in my Robot Combat fictional series in the making.

Buck-Toothed Biter:

BTB1.png

BTB2.png

BTB3.png

BTB4.png

Not that good, but that's because I'm not used to making crushers. Or DSL IRL for that matter.
Again, this bot isn't meant for combat, it was solely made for aesthetics. I may revise him later.

Bio:

"Pioneers of the crushing beak in Bot Wars, Buck-Toothed Biter is an easily recognized design. It's not that successful however. The team are always great sports and always try their hardest in the competition."

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • I wish to be with my people
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2019
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #317 on: July 01, 2018, 01:07:26 AM »
That's a neat looking bot. Instead of using the stock angles components, look into using square extenders and the new DSL2.2 angle components. They look better and give you a lot more flexibility
also lol at most toxic guy around calling others out on this sh**
Google Drive with my newer bots

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #318 on: July 06, 2018, 09:32:16 PM »
That's a neat looking bot. Instead of using the stock angles components, look into using square extenders and the new DSL2.2 angle components. They look better and give you a lot more flexibility
I'll keep that in mind.

Here's the next bot. Debra:

Debra1.png

Debra2.png

Bio:
"One of the scariest flippers in Bot Wars, Debra is a strong, female bot with a strong, female team. She consistently KOs robots by launching them all the way across the arena and into oblivion. And with a zero ground clearance, only the deadliest of spinners can stand up to her and her thick steel armor. She has a rivalry with house robot Madame Mayhem."

Ironically, Debra in-game is armored in 5mm Titanium, but in the story, she's got steel armor. Based off my lego bot Debranator, they're basically the same thing. Only difference is that this RA2 version is untested in combat. It's just a model used for reference for when I draw comic panel strips of her.

Also, ignore the casters on the back of her launcher. That's just for stability. Not meant to be an IRL part.

Offline Billy5545

• Best Newcomer 2018
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #319 on: July 06, 2018, 11:34:13 PM »
I'll keep that in mind.

Here's the next bot. Debra:
Bio:
"One of the scariest flippers in Bot Wars, Debra is a strong, female bot with a strong, female team. She consistently KOs robots by launching them all the way across the arena and into oblivion. And with a zero ground clearance, only the deadliest of spinners can stand up to her and her thick steel armor. She has a rivalry with house robot Madame Mayhem."

Ironically, Debra in-game is armored in 5mm Titanium, but in the story, she's got steel armor. Based off my lego bot Debranator, they're basically the same thing. Only difference is that this RA2 version is untested in combat. It's just a model used for reference for when I draw comic panel strips of her.

Also, ignore the casters on the back of her launcher. That's just for stability. Not meant to be an IRL part.
Great 4 bar Flipper. And have you ever think of making a robot for competing in tournaments, because Orc's Wars Extreme will enter sign up tomorrow