Author Topic: Showcase rules  (Read 82490 times)

Offline Naryar

• Rep: 21
  • hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Showcase rules
« on: October 23, 2010, 03:28:48 PM »
ENFORCED RULES

-Each member gets ONLY ONE showcase per game mod. This includes 1 Stock, 1 DSL, 1 Custom, 1 Ironforge. This to keep things simpler and cleaner. If you have an old showcase, do not recreate a new thread : reuse your old thread.

-Do not delete your showcase unless you have a very good reason for it. Clean it up if it is full of bad posting.

-Making a showcase specifically for an event or tournament is fine. These are to be used by anyone, unlike individual showcases.

-Do not post your bots in another member's showcase, you have a showcase, use it. Exceptions: communal showcases for events or tournaments and using your bots as an example.

-Post a bot in the correct showcase. If it has custom components or is both stock and DSL, post it in your custom showcase. If it is only stock, post it in stock. Etc. This for clarity.

-When posting a bot, post only light picture formats (.png and .jpg allowed, NO BMPs). No thumbnails or links to pictures, if you are going to include an image of your bot it MUST be directly accessible. Also crop your pictures (see thread https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php/topic,2143.0.html, thanks to Scrap). This to keep loading times to a minimum.

POSSIBLE OFFENSES AND WHAT YOU RISK

- Do NOT spam. You will first get you a warning, then if you do it again you will be warned or even muted. Mass spamming will  get you permanently banned. Spam includes any excessive repetition of images or characters, or anything else that is repeated and disruptive.

- Insulting, flaming or trolling is not tolerable and you will be warned or even muted for doing it. Trash talk is notably tolerated in the event of tournaments or contests, but it should not be excessive.

- Excessive amounts of off-topic will get you in trouble. Some amount of off-topic is tolerated in showcases, but most of the time when a moderator happens into a showcase and says that's enough off-topic, you should not post off-topic.

- Do NOT start or participate in flame wars. Arguing and criticism is something we encourage on showcases, but you can argue without throwing insults at other people. All people participating in a flame war will be warned and the worst offenders will be muted. If you are found to create multiple flame wars in there you will just be banned.

-Do NOT bring flame war bait from other parts of the forum, especially Playground but any other part counts. Playground shenanigans is to be kept in playground, showcases are for posting bots and comments about these bots.

- No bump whacking. Bump whacking is blaming someone just because that member has made a "bump" (a post in a thread that stopped being active since a while) and when the bump is relevant and on-topic. If the bump is irrelevant and off-topic, then it is not bump whacking. This is a minor offense, you will not get muted for it except in extreme cases.

- Bad building advice can and will get you into trouble if you do it too often, if experienced people tell you "your advice is bad" then stop posting advice. Do not post if you are unsure about your advice or cannot give decent advice ! For most people, there is a builder that is better at RA2 and giving advice than you. Let them teach the newcomers correctly instead of giving low quality advice. If I see you are a repeated offender at bad advice I will just start to delete your bad advice, no questions asked.

GUIDELINES

-If you want good, detailed advice, avoid posting too much bots at once. While there is nothing inherently wrong with a bot dump, each bot will never receive as much advice as one bot at a time. Talking from experience.

-When posting a bot, please give info that we can't guess, like weight, armor, the components that we can't see fully... unless you are into a tournament and want to hide some tings.

-For a majority of them, people with colored usernames give good building advice. It does not mean however than all non coloured users do not give good advice, just that on average colored usernames are more knowledgeable and will give higher quality advice.

-If you want to give good advice... it mostly comes from RA2 experience. If you know you have been given advice from a reliable source (like veterans and advanced users) it is in most cases true. Anyways, you should at least be a decent builder and have a few months of experience with RA2 before giving advice.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 12:00:46 AM by Naryar »

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: TO READ : SHOWCASE RULES
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 11:33:28 AM »
Changed the rules for everyone to see. Flame war rules are harsher, but there's a possible warning reduction system, akin to redemption.

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 11:48:52 AM »
Unlocking thread for discussion. Did I also mentioned that the showcase rules apply in each and every part of the showcases ?

Offline Mr. AS

• TheGloriousCarbideArstotzkanIronsideChaosProtocol
  • Rep: 19
    • robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 12:00:36 PM »
Cleaning up own showcase: You can lose 10% warning if you clean up your showcase if there is sh**posting in it.
How can anyone do that if they cant mod their showcase?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 02:07:07 PM by Mr. AS »
How you make Alarm Clock Pizza is:
Step 1: You buy an alarm clock from the store, and then you have to break it and put it in the sauce.
Step 2: Fold the sauce in 5 slices and put it in the dough.
Step 3: Paint the eggs with a pitcher of a clock showing what time you want to wake up and eat pizza for breakfast.
Step 4: Put the eggs in the dough.
Step 5: Make it flat into a round shape and draw the time you want on it.
Step 6: Put some old steel to prevent other peple from stealing it.
Step 7: Make it flat and cut into 60 slices 1 for each minute in 1 our.
Step 8: Put in the oven set the timer to 30048813.2884 seconds and put the temperature on 'Volcano' setting.
Step 9: If you think it is take to long, then get yor alarm clock and set it to now so that it will ring and you can take it out.
Step 10: Take it out uv the uvin wen it is redy and go to bed. In the morning eat pizza and also eat yor hands bi mistake.

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2012, 02:00:28 PM »
You should all be able to mod your own showcase. If you can't, ask ACAMS to fix it.

Offline Mr. AS

• robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2012, 02:04:10 PM »
You should all be able to mod your own showcase. If you can't, ask ACAMS to fix it.
I posted a thread in forum feedback about it. He didn't respond. Should I pm him ?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 02:06:54 PM by Mr. AS »
Step 1: You buy an alarm clock from the store, and then you have to break it and put it in the sauce.
Step 3: Paint the eggs with a pitcher of a clock showing what time you want to wake up and eat pizza for breakfast.
Step 8: Put in the oven set the timer to 30048813.2884 seconds and put the temperature on 'Volcano' setting.
Step 9: If you think it is take to long, then get yor alarm clock and set it to now so that it will ring and you can take it out.
Step 10: Take it out uv the uvin wen it is redy and go to bed. In the morning eat pizza and also eat yor hands bi mistake.

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2012, 02:50:04 PM »
i posted a thread in forum feedback about it and i dont think he saw it, should i pm him ?
Go on. Despite all the stigma about PM'ing ACAMS.

Offline 090901

• alcoholic in denial
  • Rep: 22
  • :mrgreen:
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 GTMCS2 Divison Winner GTMCS Division Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2012, 07:58:30 AM »
Um why do I have the option to Remove/Edit posts in all showcases.

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2012, 08:04:44 AM »

You mean you can remove/edit ALL posts in all showcases ? If then, => ACAMS

Offline Jamin

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2012, 08:06:21 AM »
I seem to be able to do so as well. I really hope that this won't end badly.

Offline 090901

• alcoholic in denial
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 GTMCS2 Divison Winner GTMCS Division Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2012, 08:06:36 AM »

You mean you can remove/edit ALL posts in all showcases ? If then, => ACAMS
It looks like anybody can do it.
Inb4 this ends badly.

Offline Gazea2

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 9
  • the one and only
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2012, 08:07:15 AM »
My showcase is being edited by ty right now... Looks like we need a fix.

EDIT: And AS. Stop vandalising my posts D:

Offline ty4er

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2012, 08:19:17 AM »
lel

yeah pretty much everyone can edit now so this probably wont end well

edit: hecko there
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 08:28:18 AM by Mr. AwesumSauce »
DSL Showcase
is this bot don't lost all razors in a fight before do a damage thought

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2012, 09:09:01 AM »
Ooooh sh**. PM'd ACAMS about it right now.

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2012, 10:24:14 AM »
There has been abuse... and the responsibles have been smitten !

I will not tolerate more moderating of other's showcases for ANY reason, excepted by the authorized staff. We are already in enough of a mess !

From the second I post this... Anyone caught editing a showcase that is not his own showcase will earn the maximum warning !

Offline NFX

• Rep: 11
  • SliSliSliSliSliSliSliSli(0)
    • AwesomeFish921
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2012, 10:59:18 AM »
I don't seem to be able to modify everything, I can only modify and moderate my own showcases. Which is kinda odd, so I'm wondering if only regular members are able to do that, as well as Global Mods and Admins and such.
Co-creator of The RA2 Randomiser

Offline 090901

• alcoholic in denial
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2012, 11:00:49 AM »
I don't seem to be able to modify everything, I can only modify and moderate my own showcases. Which is kinda odd, so I'm wondering if only regular members are able to do that, as well as Global Mods and Admins and such.
It looks ACAMS has changed it back now.

Offline Mr. AS

• robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2012, 12:36:54 PM »
ayy lmao
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 02:06:05 PM by Mr. AS »

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2014, 11:39:35 AM »
Rules have been slightly changed for more clarity and truth. Nothing big though, you may still want to read them.

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2014, 06:36:35 AM »
Updated a bit these rules. Will copypaste them in all the other threads.