Author Topic: TheRoboteer's Hit or Miss DSL Showcase  (Read 120284 times)

Offline TheRoboteer

• Mr Big Blue Flipper
  • Rep: 9
  • "I HATE SEBASTIAN COE!"
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2021
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: TheRoboteer#8784
Re: TheRoboteer's Hit or Miss DSL Showcase
« Reply #1220 on: February 20, 2023, 04:56:29 PM »
Reworked this old ass CW of mine as I realised my CW roster is super shallow, and Shrike just ain't cutting it. Few rough edges but I redid probably 90% of the bot and I'm pretty happy with the level of complexity and cleanness on the panelwork that I got within the CW limit. Storm burst for the flipper and 2 TWMR2 drive. If Koi's tournament opens third entries for CWs you'll be seeing this there, but if not it'll probably crop up in any future CW tournies that happen.

Critical Mach IV Ext.png
« Last Edit: March 08, 2023, 03:15:31 PM by TheRoboteer »
Notable Tournament Performances:
The Beginner's Guide to IRL:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/tutorials-and-tips/irl-a-beginner's-guide

Offline botbuster

• Razer
  • Lightweight
  • Rep: -19
  • welcome back to robot wars
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1221 on: February 21, 2023, 02:26:43 AM »
i think seeds don't count towards your total entries since apogee is seeded so you could enter it now if you feel like it

also i like it btw
Tournament Records and Rewards

Offline TheOrcCorp

• I push buttons and hope GTM doesn't explode.
  • Rep: 20
  • A mean, green, small brained machine!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1222 on: February 21, 2023, 06:12:12 AM »
Reworked this old ass CW of mine as I realised my CW roster is super shallow, and Shrike just ain't cutting it. Few rough edges but I redid probably 90% of the bot and I'm pretty happy with the level of complexity and cleanness on the panelwork that I got within the CW limit. Storm burst for the flipper and 2 TWMR2 drive. If Koi's tournament opens third entries for CWs you'll be seeing this there, but if not it'll probably crop up in any future CW tournies that happen.

[ Quoting of attachment images from other messages is not allowed ]
Honestly this is VERY nice, I'd love to see a HW version!
GTM 2017 Awards - Most Unique Bots (shared with DSC) and Most Enthusiastic Member!
GTM 2018 Awards - Friendliest and Kindest/Most Unique Bots/Best Tournament 2018/Best Tournament by Editing/Best Tournament by Matches!
GTM 2019 Awards - Friendliest and Kindest(how)/Favourite Staff Member/Hall of Fame Inductee

Offline TheRoboteer

• Mr Big Blue Flipper
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1223 on: March 30, 2023, 08:28:51 PM »
Another flipper. HW this time and a rear hinge. Came in with a vague idea but migrated away from it fairly quickly towards this, which I'm pretty happy with. 4WD with 2 TWMR2s and 2 TWMRs and 2 medium VDMAs for the flipper, so pretty standard for one of my rear hinges these days. Steel near enough everywhere and I still have some weight to play with too.

Obelisk Ext.png
« Last Edit: March 31, 2023, 01:00:42 AM by TheRoboteer »

Offline TheRoboteer

• Mr Big Blue Flipper
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1224 on: May 19, 2023, 05:08:28 PM »
My entry into 8Bean's draft day tournament. During the drafting process I was largely able to get the components I wanted, though I got stuck with car batts for the batteries. Didn't think it would be too big of an issue at the time, but man are they restrictive when you've gotta have room for a burst running through the centre of the bot (I settled on a hammer early on) and drive motors too. I'll be making a version with normal batts for other comps as I was only able to fit 1 car batt and hence it's underpowered and probably won't make it the full 3 mins.

Nonetheless I'm hoping that the durability (the front is built like an absolute brick sh**house) will win it some matches, as the tournament seems HS-heavy so far, so hopefully this will be something of a foil to them.

Sublimate Ext.png

I also made some updates to some older bots to clean them up a little and also give them panel wedges since they're getting more and more mandatory now other people have cottoned on to them. Expect to see these in tournies from time to time

Phosphor Panel Wedge.png

Avalon Panel Wedge.png

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • I wish to be with my people
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2019
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1225 on: May 19, 2023, 07:35:15 PM »
I love sublimate, very clean panelwork (as we all expect from a robo bot) and the overall shape is neat
also lol at most toxic guy around calling others out on this sh**
Google Drive with my newer bots

Offline TheRoboteer

• Mr Big Blue Flipper
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1226 on: May 20, 2023, 05:39:25 PM »
I love sublimate, very clean panelwork (as we all expect from a robo bot) and the overall shape is neat

Many thanks

I've made an alternate 2WD version for the Draft Day tournament as 1 car batt was nowhere near enough for 4 spin motors and a burst, and there's no chance I was getting another one in there. It frankly probably still isn't enough but hopefully as long as hammer usage isn't constant it should go the full 3 mins most of the time. The 4WD version has been updated with normal batts and will still be the version seen in every other tournament I use this thing in.

Sublimate (Draft Day 2WD) Ext.png
« Last Edit: May 20, 2023, 06:04:17 PM by TheRoboteer »