Robot Arena > DSL TC Showcases

TheRoboteer's Hit or Miss DSL Showcase

(1/249) > >>

TheRoboteer:
Been lurking here for a while now and finally decided to do a post.

First bot is called Tommib III. It is a VS. Weapon is powered by an EEL Perm-132. Srimechs are powered by Slow Mag Snappers. Drive is 2X fast NPCs. Definitely a lot of room for improvement (Chassis is quite large) so I'm looking for feedback on how to improve.

Internals

Externals

Badger:
Welcome to the forums! Your bot looks great for a newbie. It looks like you're going for an IRL-style bot, in which case I would ditch the skirt wedge, as by most accounts they are disallowed on IRL bots under most circumstances. It also looks like you've gone way overboard on the batteries, you have 3 spin motors so you only need a single black battery.

TheRoboteer:

--- Quote from: Badger on October 08, 2016, 12:40:26 PM ---Welcome to the forums! Your bot looks great for a newbie. It looks like you're going for an IRL-style bot, in which case I would ditch the skirt wedge, as by most accounts they are disallowed on IRL bots under most circumstances. It also looks like you've gone way overboard on the batteries, you have 3 spin motors so you only need a single black battery.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the feedback. Skirt wedge is there because I'm considering entering this into the next Redditbots if there is one, which has IRL rules but allows skirt wedges. In terms of batteries you're definitely right, but I have this terrible habit of just filling up any empty space in my bots with batteries until the hit the weight limit. Will most likely shrink the chassis a bit and reduce the number of batteries for the next incarnation.

F1Krazy:
Pretty neat, functional design. Badger's right, it has way too many batteries, you're not gonna need anywhere near that much power. Rather than adding more batteries than necessary, you're better off compressing the chassis and then using all the spare weight to put some armour plates on it.

And I thought I recognized your name from the Redditbots threads. I'm the guy behind Vertigo :D

Badger:
If you shrink the chassis a little, and remove all the useless batteries (you're getting literally nothing out of them, they may as well be ballast) you can ass some fancy extender work to give it wheelguards, or better weapon protection, or a wedge that looks cool and IRL-y.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version