Author Topic: Lilly's Bedroom Robotics: DSL  (Read 9567 times)

Offline Lilleh__

• Overly ambitious tournament host
  • Middleweight
  • Rep: 2
  • Sakura Sunrise is here
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Lilleh__#0625
Lilly's Bedroom Robotics: DSL
« on: October 21, 2019, 10:49:09 AM »
Kinda in a rush rn, so I won't go into much detail about the bots rn, but I can later if anyone wants to know more.  Can also make proper splashes if wanted.

Deep Blood: vertical bar spinner
blood.png

Heatwave: horizontal crusher/clamper/biter

heatwave.png

Legendary Idol: vertical drisc spinner

idol.png

Bunny Girl: rear-hinged flipper

mai bot.png

Discontinued Support: horizontal tribar spinner

no support.png

Outrage 2: horizontal spinner thwackbot

outrage 2.png

Outrage: horizontal spinner thwackbot

outrage.png

I have plans to make an IRL version of this.

Ice Pick: axe

pick.png

Pitstop: top-hinged flipper

pitstop.png

Wall Smasher: hammer

shunt smasher.png

Slem and Slam: hammer clusterbot

slam.png

slem.png

Totally a Thwackbot: rear-hinged flipper

tat completed.png
« Last Edit: March 02, 2023, 09:51:26 AM by Lilleh__ »

Offline F1Krazy

• Put me on a pedestal and I'll only disappoint you
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 4
  • Tell me I'm exceptional, I promise to exploit you
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
Re: Team Koi: DSL edition (team name STC)
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2019, 02:09:34 PM »
Some of these are really messy in execution - Legendary Idol in particular stands out to me as needing a lot of tidying up on the supports - but you've got some interesting ideas here, and you're building in bulk, which is a good way to practice and hone your skills and style. Just keep building and refining your designs, and over time you'll naturally learn what looks good and what doesn't, what performs well and what doesn't. Keep at it!
My DSL Showcase

Offline Lilleh__

• Middleweight
  • Sakura Sunrise is here
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2019, 03:24:51 PM »
While having a hard time AIing Ice Pick, I wondered what a crusher using a Beta would be like.  This led to the creation of Your Lover.

your lover.png

Improvements I can see being made are increasing the amount of battery power, fixing the srimech to clip through the floor less often, changing the wedgelets to non-damaging and maybe tidying the armour up in some places.

Offline Gulden

• Am I still considered active?
  • Rep: 7
  • Currently trying to make a Riff in Time and Space.
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Gulden#1901
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2019, 07:33:52 PM »
That arm looks way too thin vertically.  Give it some sort of arc and depth and it might look alright.
As said before, your extenderwork needs some improvement, although I can't really think of advice to help with that.

P.S.  If you're looking to AI a crusher, the littlemetalfriend.py inside the other.py is probably our best bet as of now.  However, it stops working any time it breaks a component.
I have several opinions.

Offline Lilleh__

• Middleweight
  • Sakura Sunrise is here
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2019, 11:32:00 AM »
Tried cleaning things up w/ Your Lover, both aesthetically and functionally.

ready to love.png

Still lacking battery power, had to ditch the srimech to not look OTT boxy.

vore lover.png

Then this happened.  Now ik not to box rush spinners w/ this bot bc it doesn't react well to taking hits.

Offline CodeSilver23

• RR2 Enthusiast and Design Innovator
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -2
  • Stars v Legends founder, Inventor of the Wheel-fix
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • Awards
  • Discord: CodeSilverGaming
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2019, 12:25:46 PM »
I feel like this has double meaning...
Accomplishments:

Offline Lilleh__

• Middleweight
  • Sakura Sunrise is here
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2019, 10:49:23 AM »
I feel like this has double meaning...
Your gf is cheating on you w/ me.

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
  • Rep: 3
    • Badnik96GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • BattleBots Wiki
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2019, 02:58:56 PM »
please crop your images. no one needs to see the botlab every time you post a new robot

Offline Lilleh__

• Middleweight
  • Sakura Sunrise is here
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2019, 06:55:26 AM »
I built a hammer saw w/ a beta and a perm.  One of them will need to be go in order to make the bot legal for IRL.

muscle.png

Offline Lilleh__

• Middleweight
  • Sakura Sunrise is here
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2020, 09:20:46 AM »
Here's some bots I've built so far this year.

I decided to play around w/ cb2 (the only cb2 parts I ended up using being motors) and created Night Fiend.  I initially intended for it to look like some mutant insect monster, but it kinda just ended up being W I D 3 B O I w/ a saw blade and an overall wtf appearance.

night fiend.png

And I've also built (either from scratch, completing after starting last year or upgrading bots that I intended to enter into MM3 but never AI'd and submitted) some bots that are legal for tournaments.  These are all complete except for skinning some parts.

Last year, I tried making a LW drum w/ sledgehammers, and did a bad job.  Tried to make a better one this year, failed, so just made a wedge for a LW, still same family as the hammer drums tho, No Hammers All Beans.  Slimbodies for drive so its faster than the hammer drums I built.

no hammers all beans.png

These two you can see the original completed versions in the OP, they are the hammer clusterbot Slem and Slam.  What I've done is move the side supports for the dustpans so that they're no longer a disadvantage for them in wedge battles, and put armour plates in front of the wheels so its harder for opponents to get caught on them and make the bot spin when firing the hammer.  They have the drive power to flip a MW over by ramming them into a wall.

slam upgraded.png

slem upgraded.png

And last of all, a SHW horizontal spinner that I started months ago, but only now have I got it to completion (except skinned armour and wheels) as I have plans to enter it into a tournament, Tohru.  The weapon is her strongest point being highly destructive, but her low ground clearance is a weakness as it makes it vulnerable to getting high-centred.  She could be the bad girl of the SHW division, but we'll have to wait and see how she performs in tournaments before being certain.

the bad girl of shw.png

Offline F1Krazy

• Put me on a pedestal and I'll only disappoint you
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 4
  • Tell me I'm exceptional, I promise to exploit you
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2020, 09:38:04 AM »
I'm not sure about the mixture of beaters and Typhoon teeth on the same disc, or the thinness of the wedges on Night Fiend. I like the idea behind Slam and Slem (and also the Re:Zero reference), but I think they'd look nicer if the dustpans were wider, and extended all the way to the edge of the wheelguards. Dunno whether you'd be able to find the weight to be able to do that without making them more fragile, though.
My DSL Showcase

Offline Lilleh__

• Middleweight
  • Sakura Sunrise is here
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2020, 01:10:13 PM »
I like the idea behind Slam and Slem (and also the Re:Zero reference), but I think they'd look nicer if the dustpans were wider, and extended all the way to the edge of the wheelguards. Dunno whether you'd be able to find the weight to be able to do that without making them more fragile, though.
I think what I'll do is give them a run out in a tournament, then see what I can do w/ the width of the dustpans.

Offline Lilleh__

• Middleweight
  • Sakura Sunrise is here
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2020, 01:53:05 PM »
I've made the custom components and chassis skins available to download, so anyone who wanted to use any of them on a bot can, whether it be a bot for private use or for tournaments.
https://gametechmods.com/forums/downloads/?sa=view;down=499

Offline Lilleh__

• Middleweight
  • Sakura Sunrise is here
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2020, 07:26:58 AM »
Upgraded Totally a Thwackbot to be more effective in battle, the aesthetics aren't quite finished tho.

tat upgraded.png

Offline Lilleh__

• Middleweight
  • Sakura Sunrise is here
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2020, 10:11:32 AM »
Been awhile since I last updated my showcase, so here's what I've done since then.

Changes to existing bots
I have used what ppl have said about Tohru to improve how she looks and get the version that I have submitted for a tournament.

tohru latest.png

No Hammers All Beans has had its armour skinned (the beater has since been removed)

nhab skinned.png

Ahead of its first main series fight in OW4, I made some changes to Deep Blood.  You can watch its fight against Heartbreaker in ep 8 now.

deep blood.png

New bots
You may have seen EWoT beat the crap out of a front-hinged flipper bot called Pitstop in the highlight part of ep 7 of OW4.  A few weeks ago I built a sequel to Pitstop, although I plan to upgrade the original and still enter it into tournaments.

pitstop turbo.png

I'm hosting a tournament which has a sumo side event, so I built Fang to be the boss in that event.

fang.png

Sliced Bread is a CW w/ side-sweeping saw blades, a thing I haven't seen anyone do in IRL before.

sliced bread.png

This is Navigation.  Its a rooster in robot form.

navigation.png

Offline Lilleh__

• Middleweight
  • Sakura Sunrise is here
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2020, 01:33:03 PM »
Quick update.

Heatwave has been completely rebuilt to have a stronger chassis, be less likely to get stuck on walls and its weapon be more powerful.  It also has a lower centre of gravity.

heatwave rebuilt.png

I've also rebuilt Night Fiend in response refinements that I made to the build rules of my tournament based of feedback received on discord, which led to Nightmare eteks being outright banned, and I initially built it for exhibitions in said tournament.  It is now an overhead spinner that is completely legal for other ppl's tournaments.

night fiend minus the nightmare etek.png

I tried building a vert that's abit closer to the meta than Deep Blood and Legendary Idol, so I built Liontamer.

liontamer.png

My newest build is a LW modular bot called Thistle.  It has two configs; a hammer and a front-hinged flipper.  I can show an image of how compact it is internally if wanted.

thistle.png

thistle flipper.png

Offline Lilleh__

• Middleweight
  • Sakura Sunrise is here
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2020, 11:59:30 AM »
The pack containing all the skins I've made for my bots has been updated.

Offline Lilleh__

• Middleweight
  • Sakura Sunrise is here
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2020, 11:41:12 AM »
Another update.

After it threw two fights in OW4 due to its sh**ty AI, I've removed from Deep Blood the wedgelets that made it invertible, making the weapon, which is now a tribar, hit the floor as the bot bounces back the right way up.

hopefully this makes it less suicidal.png

Also upgraded after I saw its performance in a tournament is Ice Pick, which now has hinged wedgelets to help it get under opponents, but I feel they may be abit too long.

ice pick.png

Going 0-4 in OW4 due to having a Tornado wedge and unable to get under opponents, I've given Pitstop a proper wedge.  Also redone the weapon to be on medium wide R/P pistons rather than storm front-hinges.

pitstop wedge.png

New bots now.  First, Röd Vin Bultande, an eggbeater on an arm so it can go over the top of the bots and be used on opponents both at the front and rear of the bot, similar to Whiplash and Saw Loser.

bultande.png

My newest bot is Circuit Breaker, an overhead saw blade w/ a hinged dustpan which is supposed to be a hybrid between regular dustpans and the wedgelet dustpans which have been seen on some bots in OW4.  Its as wide as it is bc I originally put the arm on a Beta servo but changed it to an Overkill to free up the weight for other stuff.

circuit breaker.png

Offline Lilleh__

• Middleweight
  • Sakura Sunrise is here
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2020, 10:26:17 AM »
Heatwave has been upgraded yet again, this time the wheels have been moved to inside the chassis and the internals reworked to save weight.  I've put the weight saved on less internal extenderwork and no external wheelguards into making the bot more durable as a whole.

heatwave hardened.png

I've also built some more new bots.  LED Sandwich is a bot that might only exist just to be an AW.  Might require some upgrading if I decide to enter it into tournaments.

led sandwich.png

The first bot I built in DSL was Outrage, now I've built an IRL version, outrage_irl.  This pic isn't fully up to date, as the saw blades are now the other side of the wheels and the weapon supports have been fixed.

outrage irl.png

I've had this joke bot as an idea for some time, but I finally built it: Zoomstone.

zoomstone.png

I also did a mini-tournament to showcase my HWs that I've AId fighting and get a feel of what hosting is like ahead of extreme build rules.
https://vlare.tv/v/Tyd7A6rh

Offline Lilleh__

• Middleweight
  • Sakura Sunrise is here
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2020, 09:41:10 AM »
Its been nearly 2mths since I last updated this showcase, bc I've been focusing on doing my tournament, now I'm working on doing the AI for my RR3 entries, then when that's done I'll try to get the second half of my coloured hammers pack out.

On the subject of RR3 entries, I've done quite abit of work on my CW entry, Ice Pick, in the last few days.  I've shortened its wedgelets, added a counterweight to the weapon, cleaned up the body and replaced the Typhoons on the axe head w/ axe components.

ice pick upgraded.png

ice pick cleaned.png

axe.png

I've also reworked my HW entry, Heatwave.  I have BFEd its chassis to be exactly 40cm tall, changed the wheels to smaller ones and made its weapon look like claws.  Also a new skin inspired by Firestorm.

heatwave has claws now.png

heatwave firestorm.png

Pitstop has received a rebuild, as seen in Nabi cup 2, its much smaller now and the panelwork is much better than it was.

pitstop yet again.png

On the subject of Pitstop, its front-hinged variant, Turbo, has had its wedgelets replaced by a wedge edge on a skirt hinge as I felt the wedge being at a 22.5 degree angle was too small an angle for the wedge edge on the main wedge to work properly.

turbo.png

Now onto new builds, I've built a sequel to Dust Blower, now a CW, as I felt I could do a dustpan flipper much better than the original.  Not very interesting to look at, so that's smth to work on.

dust blower 2.png

Falcon Tank is a vert that instead of having a full wedge, just has wedgelets sticking out of a steel shield in front of a ti 10 chassis.  I've also BFEd the chassis to exactly 40cm tall to fit the shield.

falcon tank.png

falcon tank bfe.png

I built a config bot to enter into counter pick, and what I built is Hip Pop Party, its configs are an undercutter and a dustpan.

hip pop skinned.png

hip pop dustpan.png

No Hammers All Beans got a sequel, electric beangaloo, which will be my LW entry into RR3.  Its overall a much sleeker design than the original, 4wd on astroflights rather than 2wd on slimbodies, meaning it doesn't have to be an ugly chunky box, the beans skin is now only on the top panel rather than all over the bot, the wedge and wedgelets are now ti and hinged, w/ the wedge having corners now, the wedgelets are also further apart and don't stick out as far, the bot doesn't look like a dork.

nhab 2.png

Last bot in this update, Wall Smasher 2k20, a sequel to a bot I never entered into a tournament.  Accidental Shunt clone here, I should try to spice up the design.  Very powerful weapon tho.

wall smasher.png