Author Topic: Suede's DSL Showcase  (Read 41986 times)

Offline Gauche Suede

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Suede's DSL Showcase
« Reply #360 on: February 05, 2020, 06:37:15 PM »
irl popup located
Fam you seen those skirts?
Yeah I only put those skirts bc idk which things make for a good wedge in DSL 2.2, I presume the new wedge edges are the best, but they're so tiny

Offline TheRoboteer

• Mr Big Blue Flipper
  • Rep: 9
  • "I HATE SEBASTIAN COE!"
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2021
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: TheRoboteer#8784
« Reply #361 on: February 05, 2020, 06:38:49 PM »
irl popup located
Yeah I only put those skirts bc idk which things make for a good wedge in DSL 2.2, I presume the new wedge edges are the best, but they're so tiny
If you're not trying to build IRL then the skirts are fine. They're still one of the best wedge components, but they generally aren't legal in IRL building, which is why I brought it up in response to 8bean calling it an IRL popup. If you're going for DSL-S here which I assume you are then you're fine.
Notable Tournament Performances:
The Beginner's Guide to IRL:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/tutorials-and-tips/irl-a-beginner's-guide

Offline 8bean

• Professional Tourney Rigger
  • Rep: 10
  • I'm on discord probably
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: 8bean#4514
« Reply #362 on: February 05, 2020, 08:28:11 PM »
irl popup located

oh **** I actually didnt see them lmao. I thought it was just the shell panels which is why I thought it wasn't standard
Stuff I didn't suck at (from oldest to newest)

Offline Gauche Suede

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #363 on: February 05, 2020, 09:01:39 PM »
irl popup located
If you're not trying to build IRL then the skirts are fine. They're still one of the best wedge components, but they generally aren't legal in IRL building, which is why I brought it up in response to 8bean calling it an IRL popup. If you're going for DSL-S here which I assume you are then you're fine.
No I was going for IRL, and the spikes arent actually pop-ups, they're a piston poker (as a throwback to Robot Wars Season 2 Bodyhammer), I just angled the heavy spikes bc that was the only way to get them to fit inside the shell realistically

Offline TheRoboteer

• Mr Big Blue Flipper
  • Rep: 9
  • "I HATE SEBASTIAN COE!"
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2021
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: TheRoboteer#8784
« Reply #364 on: February 05, 2020, 11:57:44 PM »
irl popup located
No I was going for IRL, and the spikes arent actually pop-ups, they're a piston poker (as a throwback to Robot Wars Season 2 Bodyhammer), I just angled the heavy spikes bc that was the only way to get them to fit inside the shell realistically
Popups and popup-style bots generally don't really fly in IRL so I'd just commit to going DSL-S and keep the skirts, or rework it entirely to be a flipper or something if you want to stick to IRL with it
Notable Tournament Performances:
The Beginner's Guide to IRL:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/tutorials-and-tips/irl-a-beginner's-guide