Author Topic: RTC's DSL Showcase  (Read 780 times)

Offline RTC

• Antweight
  • Rep: -1
  • Owen Wilson on Ritalin and 'Roids
    • View Profile
    • Awards
RTC's DSL Showcase
« on: November 19, 2015, 07:26:23 PM »
Hey! Have a few off days and little better to do, so I decided to use the free time to stick some stuff together in DSL.

Here's Neutralizer, an SNS inspired by Haymaker from BBEANS 4. I've shrunk the chassis to improve the armour from Haymaker's Plastic 1 to Titanium 1. I also wasn't entirely fond of the hammers, so I used DSL disc extensions coated in beater bars both as armour for the discs, and to generally increase my damage output. Possible changes include the rearranging of the beaters (although I feel the current positioning gives them the best coverage and adaptability) and possibly using weapon slaves instead of discs (smaller targets, but far more fragile).

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • I wish to be with my people
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2019
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: RTC's DSL Showcase
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 02:11:52 AM »
That's pretty good for a first bot! If I could improve it, I would suggest putting the weapons on one side. I created a helpful sketch because I suck at explaining.

Where red arrows represent rotation direction and blue represents where your weapons should be concentrated. See how the non - blue edge of the disk will never hit another bot?
also lol at most toxic guy around calling others out on this sh**
Google Drive with my newer bots

Offline Naryar

• Rep: 21
  • hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: RTC's DSL Showcase
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 04:25:37 AM »
I don't think a disc is necessary for extender work, really. You can just use larger beaters and stuff on the beaters.