Author Topic: rnifnuf's DSL Cavalcade of Crap  (Read 33688 times)

Offline cephalopod

Re: rnifnuf's DSL Cavalcade of Crap
« Reply #200 on: May 13, 2014, 03:27:41 AM »
Yeah, they're pretty weak if I recall correctly, also with all the hammers being so close they have less chance to generate momentum for very closely consecutive hits. I personally use DSL bars, but your motors might be a bit low for that.
bristol bot builders / two headed death flamingo / snappy robots
//
kindest and friendliest '13, '15, '16, '17 / favourite staff member '14, '15

Offline rnifnuf

• Forum Linguist
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: 5
  • Proponent of competitive sonnet improvisation
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #201 on: July 01, 2014, 01:48:15 AM »
You thump the slump, I'll jump the BUMP.

Barely one year ago, Cutting Wedge II made his debut in my showcase. You guys know how well that went. I then worked on the third iteration, slowly but surely improving. It was the fourth iteration, Cutting Wedge IV, that really shined. He took fourth in a tournament. A DSL2 tournament, aptly named Blades of Glory. In the twilight of the life of DSL2, we have gotten a chance to test DSL3 before it takes over. DSL3 aims to evolve the stagnant metagame.

Who said Cutting Wedge could not evolve with it?

The armor is Steel 3, the drive is TWM3R2 drive-optimized motors, and the name is Cutting Wedge aV.

My main goal with CW aV (Alpha version of Cutting Wedge V) was to bring popups to DSL3. The first thing that I realized when building it was that some very clear changes needed to take place. For starters, Cutting Wedge is now longer than he is wide. In response to Hypno wheels being slowed down, I strengthened the drive. Gone are the razors that made the previous iterations, particularly CW IV, so powerful. In their place, there are spike strips, still providing him with plenty of strength.  For those who cannot tell, there are three Battlepacks and four ants, giving enough power to provide his adversaries with a swift and untimely death.

ADVANTAGES:
+Fast
+Wedgy
+Destructive
+Self-Righteous

DISADVANTAGES:
-DSL3 is not complete, so its greatness is not finalized.

Thoughts?
Follow me on Twitter? I'd like to see you try!

Stock Showcase     DSL Showcase     Ironforge Showcase

Offline Naryar

• Rep: 21
  • hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #202 on: July 01, 2014, 06:07:20 AM »
like it, pretty original for a popup.

Offline rnifnuf

• Forum Linguist
  • Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #203 on: August 11, 2014, 02:07:26 AM »
Bump. But let me explain.

My explanation is this bot. Armor is Steel 5.

One bright sunny day that I could have used to aimlessly wander around my yard, I decided that the world did not have enough angled horizontal spinners. Thus, this thing was born. I call it the Gray Ring of Death because it rips things up even in the face of wedge AGOD. For weapons, it has nine large beaters and eighteen LDS teeth. Although it has four wheels for drive, it only uses two for steering to ensure that it doesn't fly off. In case you can't see it, the weapon motor is a 6-mag, all four of the drive motors are Fast NPC's, and there are five ants in the chassis.

ADVANTAGES:
+Fast
+Destructive
+Stable
+Wedgy (in theory)

DISADVANTAGES:
-Not actually very wedgy (wedge AGOD)

I trust that you guys will help me improve this bot as much as possible. I don't expect some kind of Spanish Inquisition.

NOBODY expects The Spanish Inquisition!

Its chief weapon is surprise. Surprise and fear, fear and surprise--its two weapons are surprise and fear and regular NPC's--its three weapons are surprise, fear and regular NPC's and an almost fanatical devotion to Trov. Its four weapons...

Amongst its weaponry are such diverse elements as: fear, surprise, regular NPC's, and an almost fanatical devotion to Trov, and Steel 5 armor--Oh, dang it! Lost in the first round.

Offline Natster-104

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 6
    • http://www.youtube.com/ch
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #204 on: August 11, 2014, 02:53:23 AM »
Lol monty python
The HS looks Awesome, my only worry is that if one LDS tooth comes off, it will become unstable

The VS has the same problem, it will become unstable

Offline 090901

• alcoholic in denial
  • Rep: 22
  • :mrgreen:
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 GTMCS2 Divison Winner GTMCS Division Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #205 on: August 11, 2014, 05:36:17 AM »
VS is fine and has the standard weaponry for a VS, however you can trade of all those flipper makers you have on it for just 2 titanium sheets.

Offline rnifnuf

• Forum Linguist
  • Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: rnifnuf's DSL Cavalcade of Contraptions
« Reply #206 on: September 14, 2014, 12:07:00 AM »
(Lone Ranger theme song plays)

Ba-Da BUMP Ba-Da BUMP Ba-Da BUMP BUMP BUMP Ba-Da BUMP Ba-Da BUMP Ba-Da BUMP BUMP BUMP Ba-Da BUMP Ba-Da BUMP Ba-Da BUMP BUMP BUMP Ba-Da BUUUUUUUUUUMP Ba-Da BUMP BUMP BUMP!

Armor is Plastic 3

This is DoDeathAgon. This is the name because geometry jokes are funny.
As funny as geometry jokes are, this bot lives up to its name. Using the "Hand-in-Hand Beater Bars" demonstrated on Gray Ring of Death, I have created a highly destructive, omnidirectional shell spinner. This means, of course, it could spin either right or left, depending on my general mood. Although it may look disappointingly unstable because of the Ronin flags, it actually has a perfectly balanced spin because the hitbox for the Ronin flags is just a tall, rectangular box centered over the attachment point. Besides, skirts are boring and flags are cool.

Seriously, those Beater Bars look like they are holding hands. This can only mean one thing: ROBOTIC WORLD PEACE! Everyone go home, Robotic World Peace has been achieved so RA2 no longer exists XD

ADVANTAGES:
+Highly destructive
+Stable, contrary to appearances
+Contains ironic subliminal messages about world peace

DISADVANTAGES:
-LDS Teeth rip off fairly easily
-Weak to popups, but then again, what isn't?

Thoughts?

Offline toAst

• this one goes out to all of my babies mamas
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #207 on: September 25, 2014, 12:18:53 AM »
I got a 2-hour late start for school today. This is how I used that time:
(Image removed from quote.)
Armor is Plastic 1. There are three ants and nothing is attached to the farthest shell panel. Avocados are poisonous to parrots.

Guys I did it. I made an antweight shell spinner. Probably not the first, but I made one. It doesn't have a name, though.

ADVANTAGES:
+The sheer fact that its an antweight shell spinner.

DISADVANTAGES:
-Everything else (poor armor, only two weapons, crappy steering, etc.)

Thoughts?
you bastard ive been working on this so hard

ah well

youll see mine soon
its more of the same really
-------------------------------
who love to party

Offline rnifnuf

• Forum Linguist
  • Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #208 on: June 10, 2016, 01:33:07 AM »
Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 180 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

LALALALA: I can't hear you over the sound of HAVING A NEW BOT!

Armor is Steel 3.

Since the release of DSL 2.2, I have been renovating some of my older DSL bots. This is one such bot, a heavyweight popup I made a while back known as Ripping Wedge II ("II" is for being a redesign of the original).

This robot is a jack-of-all-trades machine; It packs speed, defense, and power effectively. Though steep, bots still ride the wedge with relative ease, leaving their undersides to be ripped apart (hence the name Ripping Wedge).

The large panel jutting out of the top of the robot IS a srimech. This bot needs one because the weapons simply are not close to long enough to right it. Still, this works very well, and I would like to mention that slow mag bursts make phenomenal srimech motors. Normally, the srimech is down and fires outward; in the picture, it is fully extended in order to show the batteries.

ADVANTAGES:
+High power
+Wedgy
+Moderately fast
+Excellent frontal armor, effective against spinners

DISADVANTAGES:
-Needs a srimech (Not really that bad in all actuality, but still a slight hindrance)
-Probably somewhat slow for a popup

Expect more bots of a similar nature soon.

Offline d-lark

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
  • Oh look, no over there, not there! there!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #209 on: June 10, 2016, 10:45:05 AM »
Looks cool,

Without knowing that much about the DSL2.2 Power mechanics, do you really need all those batts?

Offline rnifnuf

• Forum Linguist
  • Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #210 on: June 12, 2016, 02:14:52 AM »
Without knowing that much about the DSL2.2 Power mechanics, do you really need all those batts?

From looking around DSL 2.2's files, I concluded that every battery has arbitrarily high electoral (amperage). However, the power that each battery supplies varies. If the in-game descriptions are accurate, then four PC-565 batteries should be sufficient to power the bot for three minutes.

Offline 09090901

• competitive irl
  • Rep: 22
  • anti-boomer super soldier
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #211 on: June 12, 2016, 03:14:41 AM »
you could probably use a single pc625 and either a battlepack or wp8. 4 is just complete overkill.
DSL-IRL is the libtard’s meta. Go drink more soylent, retard! #BLUELIVESMATTER