Author Topic: RedAce's DSL Showcase  (Read 196338 times)

Offline Thrackerzod

• Sparkle up your day!
  • Rep: 10
  • The distant future... the year 2000...
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: RedAce's DSL Showcase
« Reply #1280 on: September 12, 2018, 09:20:49 AM »
A great addition to Team Skull!

Offline RedAce

• Host of The Award Winning Deathmatch Series
  • Rep: 21
  • Yep, I'm that RedAce guy.
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: ThatRedAceGuy#3618
« Reply #1281 on: October 02, 2018, 02:44:16 PM »
So this DSL 2.3 that FOTEPX/Shima is working on is gonna feature numerous rebuilds and remakes for the original AI.  Here's just a taste for one of them:

New_Roulette2.png

Some changes are gonna be made by him, so what's here isn't final, but the changes are probably gonna be very minor, especially since I haven't tested it much.   :dumb)

Offline TommyProductionsInc

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 12
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1282 on: October 02, 2018, 08:53:42 PM »
So this DSL 2.3 that FOTEPX/Shima is working on is gonna feature numerous rebuilds and remakes for the original AI.  Here's just a taste for one of them:

[ Quoting of attachment images from other messages is not allowed ]  

Some changes are gonna be made by him, so what's here isn't final, but the changes are probably gonna be very minor, especially since I haven't tested it much.   :dumb)

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH!

Offline Jonzu95

• Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: -27
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1283 on: October 03, 2018, 09:21:14 AM »
yo that is sick

Offline Dreamcast

• Rep: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1284 on: October 04, 2018, 09:27:00 AM »
As a fan of angled spinners, I approve of this design. :thumbup

Offline RedAce

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1285 on: October 27, 2018, 12:53:35 AM »
Halloween is coming soon, so I might as well update an oldie.

For the most part, this isn't that drastically changed from the last version, but now it uses DSC parts to be up to date, and overall just looks cleaner to be honest.  I really wanted to make fang like things underneath, Ala SABotage, but I really didn't want to sacrifice weight for the flipper itself.

Offline RedAce

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1286 on: November 03, 2018, 06:11:52 AM »
And now for something a little more intricate.

Something I usually don't do, but something I came up with an idea for with my family getting an explorer soon in my mind, but anyway, yeah.  There are some things I wanted to list in the splash, but I don't think I had room for it in the splash.  Such as...

forb_1.png

C A R  S T E E R I N G

forb_2.bmp

All the hinges possible to open the hood and all the doors.  One I did list in the splash, but I could've gotten away with using just one.

forb_3.png

It's nearly as big as the sports car in the DSL garage.  This is how far we've come folks.  Not bad for a Forb Explorer.

Oh yeah, the name is actually Forb Explorer, not Ford Explorer.  If you looked at the font, it actually has a 'b' not a 'd' since originally thought this looked like a knock-off Ford when I finished due to the blockiness.  I mean, RA2 is limiting, but it's a tad ridiculous at times.  I fooled you all and none of you noticed.   :mrgreen:  Although the actual best part is this:

#2 is a bronco not an explorer smh

This was NOT intentional, and I never realized it until he said that.  Of course the guy who knows things about cars would call me out on that.  I found this kinda funny, but I guess I gotta learn to give artist intention a little more obvious so maybe this is something to take away.

Lastly, I only realized this after this is done, but the weight is technically incorrect.  Just add 400 KG to the splash since I forgot about the backdrop when I was making the splash.  Whoops.   :facepalm:

Offline Billy5545

• Best Newcomer 2018
  • Rep: 4
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Kendor#3191
« Reply #1287 on: November 03, 2018, 06:23:03 AM »
And now for something a little more intricate.

(Image removed from quote.)

Something I usually don't do, but something I came up with an idea for with my family getting an explorer soon in my mind, but anyway, yeah.  There are some things I wanted to list in the splash, but I don't think I had room for it in the splash.  Such as...

C A R  S T E E R I N G

All the hinges possible to open the hood and all the doors.  One I did list in the splash, but I could've gotten away with using just one.

It's nearly as big as the sports car in the DSL garage.  This is how far we've come folks.  Not bad for a Forb Explorer.

Oh yeah, the name is actually Forb Explorer, not Ford Explorer.  If you looked at the font, it actually has a 'b' not a 'd' since originally thought this looked like a knock-off Ford when I finished due to the blockiness.  I mean, RA2 is limiting, but it's a tad ridiculous at times.  I fooled you all and none of you noticed.   :mrgreen:  Although the actual best part is this:

#2 is a bronco not an explorer smh

This was NOT intentional, and I never realized it until he said that.  Of course the guy who knows things about cars would call me out on that.  I found this kinda funny, but I guess I gotta learn to give artist intention a little more obvious so maybe this is something to take away.

Lastly, I only realized this after this is done, but the weight is technically incorrect.  Just add 400 KG to the splash since I forgot about the backdrop when I was making the splash.  Whoops.   :facepalm:
Very good artbot. Also, surprised that you can make an extenderbot tbh, especially a 3200-ish kg UHW artbot one

Offline WeN

• #1 Malaysian Idiot
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 8
  • totsugeki!!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: thatwenguy
« Reply #1288 on: November 03, 2018, 08:06:36 AM »
you're ****ing amazing

Offline courthousedoc

• Derpasaurus Rex
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -2
  • AKA Okamifan1
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • A Taste of Deco
    • Awards
  • Discord: Okamifan1 #2120
« Reply #1289 on: November 03, 2018, 09:52:43 AM »
Congrats on winning BOTM Once I saw that Ford Explorer I was instantly blown away by it, that thing is a masterpiece, and definitely deserved November's BOTM for its class.

By the way does it roll over when it is running Wilderness AT tires like the real thing does? All joking aside as soon as I saw it I instantly knew which bot to vote for. Also regarding the first one on the page, it kind of reminds me of FunsDead.

Edit: I am a petrolhead as well, and I Disagree with 090901 here. To me it does not look like a Bronco, it looks more like a Fiat 127, an Italian compact from the 70's but was produced until 2008 as the infamous Yugo GV/Zastava Koral.
Let me tell you something I learned through life... The weakest link in the chain isn't always the failure point.
Steam:
Tournament History:
My Showcases:

Offline 090901

• alcoholic in denial
  • Rep: 22
  • :mrgreen:
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 GTMCS2 Divison Winner GTMCS Division Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1290 on: November 05, 2018, 12:16:29 PM »
Edit: I am a petrolhead as well, and I Disagree with 090901 here. To me it does not look like a Bronco, it looks more like a Fiat 127, an Italian compact from the 70's but was produced until 2008 as the infamous Yugo GV/Zastava Koral.
i just said that because its called a ford in the splash, and a bronco is a 2dr suv while an explorer is a 4dr

Offline RedAce

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1291 on: November 06, 2018, 11:12:04 PM »
More extender-bot practice:

Cheezeits_Box_of_Doom.png

Heavily inspired by Click's Cheez-it Box of Doom, which I have actually downloaded from the old, old Atari forums way back when I was lurking on anything RA2 related.  So I got the idea to make the Cheez-It box the base and experiment around it.  Barely had enough weight to make it even a HW to begin with, and I originally disliked how it looked in the end.  I thought it looked slightly too boxy and goofy, but later on, I kinda grew to it since it is based on a Cheez-it box, which is advertised to be goofy and rather wacky, so I guess I may have unintentionally gotten the vibe... maybe... hopefully... okay probably not.

And yes, the hammers, while slow, do actually go 360 because that's pretty fun.  If there's something like a PWS3 and I do happen to have some time for it, then I'll most likely enter this because these seems crazy enough for anyone to drive and anyone who has to drive it later might have a complicated time.  At least both sides will have fun right?

Offline Billy5545

• Best Newcomer 2018
  • Rep: 4
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Kendor#3191
« Reply #1292 on: November 07, 2018, 01:16:58 AM »
More extender-bot practice:

Heavily inspired by Click's Cheez-it Box of Doom, which I have actually downloaded from the old, old Atari forums way back when I was lurking on anything RA2 related.  So I got the idea to make the Cheez-It box the base and experiment around it.  Barely had enough weight to make it even a HW to begin with, and I originally disliked how it looked in the end.  I thought it looked slightly too boxy and goofy, but later on, I kinda grew to it since it is based on a Cheez-it box, which is advertised to be goofy and rather wacky, so I guess I may have unintentionally gotten the vibe... maybe... hopefully... okay probably not.

And yes, the hammers, while slow, do actually go 360 because that's pretty fun.  If there's something like a PWS3 and I do happen to have some time for it, then I'll most likely enter this because these seems crazy enough for anyone to drive and anyone who has to drive it later might have a complicated time.  At least both sides will have fun right?
That's pretty nice. And I also like the Diesector inspired pickaxes

Offline RedAce

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1293 on: November 09, 2018, 07:59:16 PM »
Getting bots ready for Orc Wars 3.  Here's at least one of them:

SnowStormIII.png

SnowStorm hasn't exactly had the best luck due to issues that either were a loss of power, or just a weak flipper.  This time, I hoped to at least address both, and still give it some strength.  Going back to the dual Storm Burst flippers and it gives some strong flips, but I am a little afraid that it hasn't gotten some OOTA flips, but I'm hoping it survives long enough for a Judge's Decision, and not get robbed somehow.  The only real downsides that it's not as fast as I'd like.  Even using NPCFs, it's not the fastest flipper out there.  I mean, it's not the end of the world, but hoping for a future build, I'll find a way to incorporate speed, battery power, flipping abilities, and defenses so it's the best of all worlds.  Maybe Click's overvolt system if it's used in the future might help.  Although I haven't quite tested it yet.  So maybe that'll help.

Offline Dreamcast

• Rep: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1294 on: November 21, 2018, 11:05:17 AM »
IDK what I think about the eyeball LEDs, but overall it's almost as good as an icy robot can get. :thumbup

Offline RedAce

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1295 on: December 15, 2018, 01:08:30 PM »
I feel like an old man building most of my bots from a chassis while you guys are advancing in the extenderbots world.  It won't be long before tell kids to get off my lawn with things like this:

Collusion.png

Turret Hammer CW for 8bean's Pathfinder tournament.  Untested as of now, but I might have to make sure the AI doesn't do stupid things before I even come close to sending it.  Been a while since I even made one of these to begin with.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 05:53:14 PM by RedAce »

Offline TommyProductionsInc

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 12
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1296 on: December 15, 2018, 04:52:01 PM »
I feel like an old man building most of my bots from a chassis while you kids are advancing in the extenderbots world.
I know your pain man.

Offline UberPyro

• Lightweight
  • Rep: 6
  • Well, here goes.
  • Awards GTMCS Division Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1297 on: December 15, 2018, 05:35:46 PM »
The skins on your robots are always fantastic.

Offline RedAce

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1298 on: December 15, 2018, 08:08:44 PM »
Oh right I forgot about this thing:

Aggressive_Negotiations_2.png

This was one of my other entrants for OW3 which actually did rather well in qualifiers.  Did its job at being an aggressive bot hence the name.  One of the bots I've made that I'm actually rather proud of.  Maybe it's the new skin it has.

Offline superbomb122

• toomuchweight
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • Really nothing special
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: superbomb122 #3549
« Reply #1299 on: December 16, 2018, 08:21:30 AM »
I'm impressed by the fake see-through skin