Author Topic: RedAce's DSL Showcase  (Read 196328 times)

Offline RedAce

• Host of The Award Winning Deathmatch Series
  • Rep: 21
  • Yep, I'm that RedAce guy.
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: ThatRedAceGuy#3618
Re: RedAce's DSL Network
« Reply #1220 on: December 25, 2017, 05:44:51 PM »
Only suggestion would beTopknot could possibly be redone as a turreted axe, to get closer to the original  "axes all around" idea of the original.
Oh yeah, I did that.  I completely forgot to mention that in the OP.   :dumb)

Offline dragonsteincole

• IRL Pack Guy
  • Rep: 9
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1221 on: December 25, 2017, 05:58:11 PM »
Oh ****, that's wonderful. :dumb)

Offline kill343gs

« Reply #1222 on: December 26, 2017, 08:26:53 PM »
dude these are nuts

For once the mods did something right
#MakeGTMGreatAgain

Offline SKBT

« Reply #1223 on: December 27, 2017, 12:54:36 AM »
1/1 cool bots bruh

Offline RedAce

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1224 on: February 14, 2018, 05:40:05 PM »
Hey.  Yeah, still working on Deathmatch.  Life really has been catching on me, and during testing the game keeps crashing on me at various points, so that's not encouraging.  In the meantime, made something to pass some time.

Yeah, the disc isn't the cleanest looking at the moment, so I gotta fix that.  Hopefully the end result is good as it is at least.

Offline TheRoboteer

• Mr Big Blue Flipper
  • Rep: 9
  • "I HATE SEBASTIAN COE!"
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2021
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: TheRoboteer#8784
« Reply #1225 on: February 14, 2018, 05:41:54 PM »
Hey.  Yeah, still working on Deathmatch.  Life really has been catching on me, and during testing the game keeps crashing on me at various points, so that's not encouraging.  In the meantime, made something to pass some time.

(Image removed from quote.)

Yeah, the disc isn't the cleanest looking at the moment, so I gotta fix that.  Hopefully the end result is good as it is at least.
I love a good custom disc and this one is particularly gorgeous. Bot it's mounted on is super cool too. Nice stuff
Notable Tournament Performances:
The Beginner's Guide to IRL:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/tutorials-and-tips/irl-a-beginner's-guide

Offline Olister92

• Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
  • Trust no one, suspect everyone
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Olister92#9751
« Reply #1226 on: February 15, 2018, 06:27:11 AM »
yeah massive props to anyone who makes a custom disc

Offline RedAce

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1227 on: March 26, 2018, 09:12:19 PM »
Hot damn, I haven't posted here in a good month, and yet, I have built a few things to show off that people might've seen already, but not everyone is on the GTM Discord, so might as well get these archived in here.

One of the new bots I made for the Orc Wars 2 Side Events.  Kinda wanted a theme where the opponents would be caught in sights and would attack accordingly.  Other than that, nothing you haven't seen before really.  It would be impressive if I did get the entire body to have the rotation lights on an actual radar, but that would probably look awkward in RA2 anyway.

The thought process behind this?  Well, I wanted to make an homage to FireStorm, one of, if not, my all time favorite machines from Robot Wars.  So I decided to create SnowStorm for that reason, with enough changes to make sure it wasn't a carbon copy.  Well, in OW2, some of the big problems it had was it's own weapon strength and lack of vital organs and skin, to put it simply.  SnowStorm was great at puching and flipping things around, but if it gets turned over, then it's just a melting cause at that point.  Also the batteries were kinda limited and that's something I never thought would happen anyway.  So I went in a thought process of T-Minus.  Sacrifice some offense and raise the overall defense.  And thus, SnowStorm II.  While the wheels are much more exposed, it has some discs to protect it at least, and not many spinners tore off the sides if I recall seeing it's performance correctly, so yeah.  Should be much better for next time.

I don't even think I showed off my first Deathmatch entrant, did I?  Well, now I have.  Nothing too crazy with this Arena Cleaner/The Cat amalgamation thing.  Although I did have some trouble AI'ing this since I wasn't sure how to use that AI export thing apanx made, and not just because my computer's virus protection really didn't like it.  Also, but I think I'm one of the very few people who actually made an original custom skin for their entrant.  I know that doesn't mean much, but it is interesting trivia nonetheless.

I... wish I had more to say when I was making this one.  Although I think I just wanted to make a clean CW in the end, so I'm really hoping it came out as such to everyone.  It may look like it, but no.  The disc isn't clipping any wheels or inside parts in any way.  Even if this angle shot doesn't even make anyone think about that until I would mention it.  So... yeah.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  Also, uh... I guess the name came from an RW:AoD bot with the same name and weapon setup?  Yeah.  That's... a thing.  I guess.

Though this last bot, I do have some plans for.  What are they specifically?  Well, some may know... but I'll make it official later.

Offline Hoppin

• I save GTM
  • Rep: 10
  • -rep TheRoboteer. "queermint"
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Hoppin#0013
« Reply #1228 on: March 27, 2018, 05:21:01 PM »
Snowstorm II  :heart_smiley: :heart_smiley: :heart_smiley:
Things I did & done

Offline kill343gs

« Reply #1229 on: March 27, 2018, 07:36:08 PM »
Really like the skin work on these

#MakeGTMGreatAgain

Offline TommyProductionsInc

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 12
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1230 on: March 28, 2018, 09:48:17 AM »
I love the one with the Backlash Disc.

Offline RedAce

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1231 on: March 30, 2018, 10:18:30 PM »
Still been kinda inactive (more for the Discord servers, but you know what I mean), cause I've been getting a lot of college priorities done and spent my fair share of time playing OneShot.  Which, if I can go slightly more off topic for more than I already have, is actually one of the best games I've ever played.  I went in knowing nothing, and after playing it, I absolutely adore pretty much everything about it.  Seriously, I really recommend you at least give it a shot.  Like, now.  Okay after you see what bots I made first.  There's a transition to go back on topic I guess.

So I guess now that Robogames 2 signups are now closed and to distract me from Deathmatch editing, I guess I can now show off what I did for that.  Well, it's not much, but I certainly hope they look alright for it.

So the idea behind this is that I went with a theme.  While it's kinda obvious, but I was looking at some Robogames 2017 fights when I was bored one day, and saw the Team Fast Electric Robot's highlight reel, and wanted to create a team idea with design being centered around mostly similar bots.  So yeah, didn't have nearly as much creativity unfortunately, but I just wanted to do something simple in case I didn't have time to do something stupid, and as a bonus, it scores for having a "Team" theme and not have random bot types from one builder to achieve more of an "IRL-esque" feel.  Ya know?

So onto discussing the actual bots:
AW: K4-ET: Taking a tad bit of notes from Tashic's Green Slash I think it was called, I had to try to squeeze a vertical saw on an AW it even with the slow flatmotor, it bounces.  Like, a lot.  Certainly gonna need a low range if this wants to do anything.
BW: Murphy: Basically K4-ET but with more blades, and If I remember, I think it uses the regular flatmotor, and it still has the bounce syndrome, so I guess it's just hereditary between the two.
LW: Bring it On! Wanna Go?  I certainly did.  This was the first bot I made for the team way back, but it had a more curved backside and now with a more box-like design to hopefully turn over less and have more hit points to tank some spinner hits.
MW: Greenback: This probably ain't gonna be scoring some cash in the competition, but damn it if it doesn't try.  Also the first one in the lineup to use four wheel drive so hopefully it earns some maneuverability.  Though if it gets flipped, it ain't coming back so easily.
CW: Agent Orange: Basically a rebuild from GTMRW, but with more defenses in the front and it can bounce back from a flip, if it isn't gonna get gut-ripped anyway.  It's also one in the family to use a Minion Disc, so watch out.
HW: Enroller: If the Minion Disc won't work, then I'll need to recruit some back-up.  Well, that would be the case if I knew how the hell I can use the SwitchDirWep.py anyway.  Well, it at least has some protection in the backside with the curved triangles to tank some hits when needed.
SHW: Blood Czar: What's this?  Two Minion Discs?  Well damn, there will certainly be blood from someone... if bots had blood anyway.  Well, it's a SHW, so it kinda draws a line with the weapon spam, but the weapon motors and weapon itself is like 28% of it's own weight, so I guess the rest makes up for it.

So yeah, I also wanted to make some awesome epic trailer to not only show these off, but also kinda promote RoboGames 2 in some way with my video editing skills.  As you can tell, that sure as hell didn't happen due to life issues again.  Hopefully my standards of bot building haven't looked like I downgraded once I show these things off.

Offline Thrackerzod

• Sparkle up your day!
  • The distant future... the year 2000...
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1232 on: March 30, 2018, 10:49:45 PM »
I dig the robbits. I like the team theme aspect. Personally I'd have gone for themed names as well.

Offline RedAce

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1233 on: April 04, 2018, 09:34:39 AM »
Made two bots using the round treads because why not.

LW that has slightly more AGOd issues but it doesn't go insane, but unfortunately, it can't drive straight.  Like, at all.

CW that is kinda a hybrid between Bite Force V1 and V2.  Doesn't have AGOD at all, but it still can't drive straight very well.

Offline Olister92

• Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
  • Trust no one, suspect everyone
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Olister92#9751
« Reply #1234 on: April 04, 2018, 09:49:08 AM »
I like 'em

Offline RedAce

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1235 on: April 07, 2018, 08:43:52 PM »
More things I made to spare the time.  Take a wild guess on what this is inspired by:

Offline Reier

• Rieir
  • Rep: 8
  • I GOT 3RD IN RAW1
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
  • Awards old BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1236 on: April 07, 2018, 08:59:39 PM »
like the hammer setup on that.

really nice looking not-bite force, too bad about the havok tho
ALERT- Another WS coming up...
voted best bot builder two times and counting babayy. the best ra2 builder who has never won an actual tournament match
ReiAI pack for Ironforge
My drawings, and my webcomics
Why online PVP will save RA2
The problem with competitive IRL in RA2
I'm fine with hugging reier

Offline Hoppin

• I save GTM
  • -rep TheRoboteer. "queermint"
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Hoppin#0013
« Reply #1237 on: April 08, 2018, 09:58:58 AM »
 :heart_smiley: Now thats a spicy boi. You never fail to disappoint
Things I did & done

Offline RedAce

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1238 on: May 04, 2018, 09:43:35 AM »
First actual bot in like a month and it's something I feel like I've built a thousand times before.  Good to see some things never change.

Offline kill343gs

« Reply #1239 on: May 04, 2018, 07:20:33 PM »
If nothing else, the disc is very nice

#MakeGTMGreatAgain