Author Topic: RedAce's DSL Showcase  (Read 196381 times)

Offline 090901

• alcoholic in denial
  • Rep: 22
  • :mrgreen:
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 GTMCS2 Divison Winner GTMCS Division Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: RedAce's DSL Network
« Reply #1100 on: February 21, 2016, 09:51:22 PM »
i think it might look even better if you put one of the front hinged pistons on the turret instead of a normal one

Offline RedAce

• Host of The Award Winning Deathmatch Series
  • Rep: 21
  • Yep, I'm that RedAce guy.
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: ThatRedAceGuy#3618
« Reply #1101 on: March 11, 2016, 01:11:14 PM »
Bots for Jonzu's AI thing:

Will get to WIIDE LOAD soon.

Fun Fact: I wanted to have SlashBack's flipper skinned like it's skin, but RA2 gave some annoying issues and wouldn't load the texture and instead give a flat white texture instead.  So I gave up for now.  I might fix that before I send it over.

Offline Mr. AS

• TheGloriousCarbideArstotzkanIronsideChaosProtocol
  • Rep: 19
    • robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1102 on: March 11, 2016, 02:22:52 PM »
Fun Fact: I wanted to have SlashBack's flipper skinned like it's skin, but RA2 gave some annoying issues and wouldn't load the texture and instead give a flat white texture instead.  So I gave up for now.  I might fix that before I send it over.
What method are you using to reskin it?
How you make Alarm Clock Pizza is:
Step 1: You buy an alarm clock from the store, and then you have to break it and put it in the sauce.
Step 2: Fold the sauce in 5 slices and put it in the dough.
Step 3: Paint the eggs with a pitcher of a clock showing what time you want to wake up and eat pizza for breakfast.
Step 4: Put the eggs in the dough.
Step 5: Make it flat into a round shape and draw the time you want on it.
Step 6: Put some old steel to prevent other peple from stealing it.
Step 7: Make it flat and cut into 60 slices 1 for each minute in 1 our.
Step 8: Put in the oven set the timer to 30048813.2884 seconds and put the temperature on 'Volcano' setting.
Step 9: If you think it is take to long, then get yor alarm clock and set it to now so that it will ring and you can take it out.
Step 10: Take it out uv the uvin wen it is redy and go to bed. In the morning eat pizza and also eat yor hands bi mistake.

Offline RedAce

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1103 on: March 11, 2016, 02:30:17 PM »
Serge's GMF Compiler.  It's the tool I've always used to skin components since mid September-ish.

Offline Virus Bomb

« Reply #1104 on: March 11, 2016, 02:37:36 PM »
looks really nice, nice skins

Offline Mr. AS

• TheGloriousCarbideArstotzkanIronsideChaosProtocol
    • robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1105 on: March 11, 2016, 02:44:26 PM »
Serge's GMF Compiler.  It's the tool I've always used to skin components since mid September-ish.
You could also just open the compiled .gmf in notepad++ and do a ctrl+f for the texture filename and then replace it, which seems to work fine for me.

It's one of the few things you can edit in a compiled .gmf. Just make sure what you change the filename to is the same amount of characters as the original filename.
How you make Alarm Clock Pizza is:
Step 1: You buy an alarm clock from the store, and then you have to break it and put it in the sauce.
Step 2: Fold the sauce in 5 slices and put it in the dough.
Step 3: Paint the eggs with a pitcher of a clock showing what time you want to wake up and eat pizza for breakfast.
Step 4: Put the eggs in the dough.
Step 5: Make it flat into a round shape and draw the time you want on it.
Step 6: Put some old steel to prevent other peple from stealing it.
Step 7: Make it flat and cut into 60 slices 1 for each minute in 1 our.
Step 8: Put in the oven set the timer to 30048813.2884 seconds and put the temperature on 'Volcano' setting.
Step 9: If you think it is take to long, then get yor alarm clock and set it to now so that it will ring and you can take it out.
Step 10: Take it out uv the uvin wen it is redy and go to bed. In the morning eat pizza and also eat yor hands bi mistake.

Offline Jonzu95

• Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: -27
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1106 on: March 11, 2016, 04:36:53 PM »

Offline RedAce

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1107 on: March 12, 2016, 07:16:23 AM »
You could also just open the compiled .gmf in notepad++ and do a ctrl+f for the texture filename and then replace it, which seems to work fine for me.
Oh yeah.   I use Notepad++ as well for this stuff.  I haven't tried that with the .gmf file still compiled, but either way, I just feel reskinning components makes building good IRL bots a massive PitA.  I might fix that later when I have some time.

Anyway, got WIIDE LOAD done.

Offline KingofKings696

• Antweight
  • Rep: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1108 on: March 12, 2016, 07:23:33 AM »
Im really digging wideload but I think not having a support for the chain drives takes away a little from the IRL factor maybe add another wedge in the center or some other type of support to complete it?

Offline Jonzu95

• Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1109 on: March 12, 2016, 07:56:56 AM »
RedAce you're a natural talent. They're awesome.

Offline Thyrus

• Back to purple '17
    • http://www.youtube.com/Th
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1110 on: March 12, 2016, 10:52:39 AM »
nice! are you willing to skin the bots so they have the same style?

Offline RedAce

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1111 on: March 12, 2016, 11:13:00 AM »
nice! are you willing to skin the bots so they have the same style?
For other builders?  If that's what you mean, then yeah.  I like to make the skins on bots like the Stock AI to resemble to original as much as possible.

Offline Thyrus

• Back to purple '17
    • http://www.youtube.com/Th
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1112 on: March 12, 2016, 03:46:15 PM »
thats cool as I like the way you skin your bots :)

Offline RedAce

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1113 on: March 15, 2016, 10:42:37 AM »
Here's half of the SpikeHeads that I made for NAR AI 3.1.  I don't think they are fully ready as I think they could use some improvements on how to make it better.  I'm also trying to follow suit with the original theme and what Naryar is looking for based on what needs to be used.  Like the Irons for example.  I don't know for sure if they are good, but that's what he is looking for.

I took some notes from Martbell that did rather well in Ironbot Jr. since it was a simple design and something I know I can make with Irons easily.  It doesn't drive around like a madman since it only uses mag drive, but that keeps a balance between speed and weaponry for this.  I might replace the drive so it can go faster and help fix the theme, but I'll see if it works first.

I made Insanity a Popup since that's what it was in the original NAR AI packs, so I decided to keep the trend going.  I had a whole bunch of ways to make the weapon, but I couldn't find ways to use the weight without making the weapon or anything else suffer.  So, I might still work on this one.

For Big Metal Friend, I decided to try Reier's route of making it a vertical and horizontal hammer hybrid.  I know there's empty space, and I know that's not a very good thing, but I kept it so I can have the drive and side hammer JX motors work from where they are.

I hate to sound like a newbie who has no idea what the hell he is doing in DSL 2.2, but to be frank, I have no idea what the hell I'm doing in DSL 2.2.  So, if there is improvements needed, please say so.

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1114 on: March 15, 2016, 11:39:35 AM »
MAD is a solid build. I am slightly worried about half the weaponry touching the ground and hence dealing no damage.

Insanity was a weaponed flipper, I think, but why not *shrug*. it's not every time you see a popup with irons.

BMF I am worried about the reach. Also the bot is rather short lengthwise and all that weight backwards (the hammers) may just ruin the wedge, but maybe that's the deadfall of the design.

Otherwise some solid work here ! They all good, I think.

Offline Bobyasianboy

• Middleweight
  • Rep: 6
  • ****in' magnets, how do they work?
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1115 on: March 15, 2016, 12:17:42 PM »
They're all great work as usual. I agree with Nar about mad though. I don't see the irons on the sides doing all that much and you could probably put something there that reaches down just below the irons instead, so that the bottom row are doing damage.

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1116 on: March 15, 2016, 02:04:48 PM »
nah, it's just that weapons that touch the ground magically lose all their damaging power and, IIRC, only do damage when they are attacked by other weapons.

Offline Bobyasianboy

• Middleweight
  • Rep: 6
  • ****in' magnets, how do they work?
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1117 on: March 15, 2016, 02:36:39 PM »
yeah, i know. what i meant was doing something like what mechadino did here where there's something to keep the bottom array off the ground.

Offline Jonzu95

• Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1118 on: March 15, 2016, 03:37:29 PM »
yeah, i know. what i meant was doing something like what mechadino did here where there's something to keep the bottom array off the ground.
>Radiation

triggered

Offline 090901

• alcoholic in denial
  • Rep: 22
  • :mrgreen:
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 GTMCS2 Divison Winner GTMCS Division Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1119 on: March 15, 2016, 04:06:39 PM »
insanity looks too steep and narrow imo