Author Topic: Rainbow Impreza Tries To Do DSL But Fails Miserably  (Read 1377 times)

Offline Joelu Of Eagleland

• Supreme Dorifuto Warrior; Speed Speed Lover, Game's Not Over
  • Lightweight
  • Rep: 2
    • https://www.facebook.com/
    • Joelu Of Eagleland
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: I'M GONNA STEP ON THE GAS
Rainbow Impreza Tries To Do DSL But Fails Miserably
« on: May 04, 2016, 07:30:02 AM »
AND HERRRRRRRRE WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE GO!   :bigsmile:

I'm finally starting to get into DSL again. I'm already loving the different extenders in the game; they're FAR better than stock's extenders.
To start off, how about my BOTM entry?

I personally thought this would've been easy to guess who made it. Kinda 'meh' design, massive amounts of text, repetition of one colour being used; these are things in my other splashes that shown up in this one too.
Personally, I'm happy with both the splash and the design, although I can see why other people didn't like it as much.

That's not the only thing I have to share.
This is a DSL recreation of my first Stock heavyweight, "Wings of Fire". I think this could count as IRL if I put on 1 disc instead of 2 because none of the components intersect each other and it's built believably (not built well, but believably) however as long as there's 2 massive discs on the robot, I think this would be classed as DSL-Standard.

I'll probably edit this post later; I'm at school at the moment and I'm pressed for time so there's not much more I can share. I do have more to share, though, so I'll be updating this showcase later.

(Image taken from the GTPlanet forums (Gran Turismo forums) which I am actually NOT on. I'll join sometime soon, though.)
(You can find me on the Wangan Midnight Expressway forums as well as GTM: http://wmexpressway.net/index.php?showuser=10331)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tournament Stats

Entered:

Fight W/L Record: 4-5
Set W/L Record: 1-2

Offline cephalopod

Re: Rainbow Impreza Tries To Do DSL But Fails Miserably
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 07:44:07 AM »
Nice replica, but definitely consider not using those weapon motors for drive ;)

Heavyweight looks cool, I'd say more what's stopping it being IRL is the lack of substantial axle support and the big flat wedges than the dual discs though.
Very low on weaponry for a standard bot but definitely shows promise, a less showy/complex/wasteful chassis shape will help you get some weight for other bits if you want to take the standard route. :)
bristol bot builders / two headed death flamingo / snappy robots
//
kindest and friendliest '13, '15, '16, '17 / favourite staff member '14, '15

Offline Naryar

• Rep: 21
  • hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 09:21:59 AM »
...i voted for a bot with piglets for drive lol

Eh, it was still a cool design. Despite splash being unappealing.

Offline Thrackerzod

• Sparkle up your day!
  • Rep: 10
  • The distant future... the year 2000...
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 10:54:05 AM »
Very nice first BotM!

Offline Joelu Of Eagleland

• Supreme Dorifuto Warrior; Speed Speed Lover, Game's Not Over
  • Lightweight
  • Rep: 2
    • https://www.facebook.com/
    • Joelu Of Eagleland
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: I'M GONNA STEP ON THE GAS
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 05:10:42 PM »
There's some large images below (blame my iPhone for that) so please wait until they load in properly and they're resized.
Very nice first BotM!
Thanks!
Nice replica, but definitely consider not using those weapon motors for drive ;)
I may seem like a bit of an idiot for asking this, but what's exactly wrong with using the piglets? They seemed quite powerful...
Heavyweight looks cool, I'd say more what's stopping it being IRL is the lack of substantial axle support and the big flat wedges than the dual discs though.
I see what you mean about the wedges. I was looking at the bot in the editor and thought "oh that looks like it'd do a front flip if it collided with another robot" so I figured a wedge would stop the bot from tipping over after it hit something (I've seen some of my Stock bots do this.) Not exactly sure what I'd need to put on for there to be substantial axle support, though.
Very low on weaponry for a standard bot but definitely shows promise, a less showy/complex/wasteful chassis shape will help you get some weight for other bits if you want to take the standard route. :)
...Yeah, the chassis...  :dumb) That was literally me trying to make the thing furthest away from 'a box on wheels' that I could imagine. Wasn't a clever idea in hindsight... thanks for the feedback!

Righty, I have another bot to share! This one's in a weight class I've never really tried to build in.

Yeah, Antweight. Not too sure what's effective weaponry for antweights. This is actually a recreation of something; I'll get onto what it is in a moment.
This marks the first time I've tried reskinning components! I think it went well. The flipper's more powerful than it should be; it was able to toss over the car in the testing arena. I think there was some glitches involved...

Oh, I would show more images of it in-game, but the bot is busy right now.

He's having a look at his physical 'brother' undergoing some changes.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 06:13:42 AM by Joelu Of Eagleland »

(Image taken from the GTPlanet forums (Gran Turismo forums) which I am actually NOT on. I'll join sometime soon, though.)
(You can find me on the Wangan Midnight Expressway forums as well as GTM: http://wmexpressway.net/index.php?showuser=10331)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tournament Stats

Entered:

Fight W/L Record: 4-5
Set W/L Record: 1-2