Author Topic: Suzaku's DSL Showcase  (Read 1957 times)

Offline Suzaku

• Antweight
  • Rep: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Suzaku's DSL Showcase
« on: August 01, 2016, 11:38:42 AM »
It's been a while since I posted and probably 10 years since I posted a DSL Bot. :P

Since my ASD series is not legal for battlebots or any RA2 tournaments I decided to make something more realistic.

Here is my ring spinner concept Medium bot Defenestrator. This bot is a Ring spinner that can drive inverted as well.

Due to this bot being a proof of concept it does use stacked and clipped components.

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • I wish to be with my people
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2019
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Suzaku's DSL Showcase
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 12:41:36 PM »
looks cool but is illegal in pretty much every way in DSL-S
also lol at most toxic guy around calling others out on this sh**
Google Drive with my newer bots

Offline Suzaku

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 12:47:59 PM »

Yeah, the RA2 engine isn't very friendly with ring spinner designs at all.

Offline FOTEPX

• Your dad
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 5
  • Thank you, meow.
    • Bamzookiman130
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Shima33 #9110
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2016, 01:51:31 PM »

Yeah, the RA2 engine isn't very friendly with ring spinner designs at all.

Technically, ring spinners are allowed a pass, seeing as the design would be possible IRL, but aren't within the confines of the game. It's the "stacking batteries/control boards inside the motor" that makes it illegal.

I recommend making the chassis circular in order to put the control board and batteries in the chassis without stacking, and then going from there. Have fun!

Currently listening to: Marblehead Johnson - The Bluetones

Offline Suzaku

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2016, 04:09:04 PM »

Technically, ring spinners are allowed a pass, seeing as the design would be possible IRL, but aren't within the confines of the game. It's the "stacking batteries/control boards inside the motor" that makes it illegal.

I recommend making the chassis circular in order to put the control board and batteries in the chassis without stacking, and then going from there. Have fun!

Yep!

Wow, okay!~ since there seems to be a rule to exempting ring spinner mechanisms I'm going to re-make it in a manner that would be legal for DSL tournaments.

I prefer to make non-circular chassis built around the components inside as there is too much wasted space and a large hit box for anything circular.

Offline 090901

• alcoholic in denial
  • Rep: 22
  • :mrgreen:
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 GTMCS2 Divison Winner GTMCS Division Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2016, 04:13:39 PM »
hate to rain on your parade but entering ring spinners has only been allowed in IRL style tournies as they break the rules of a normal dsl tourney (yeah odd i know) and nobody has made an irl tourney in a while.
if you want something that is similar though you can make a SnS with a static ring around the chassic with the wheels axle loaded on and that's dsl tourney legal.

Offline R01

• Heavyweight
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2016, 04:26:17 PM »
hate to rain on your parade but entering ring spinners has only been allowed in IRL style tournies as they break the rules of a normal dsl tourney (yeah odd i know) and nobody has made an irl tourney in a while.
if you want something that is similar though you can make a SnS with a static ring around the chassic with the wheels axle loaded on and that's dsl tourney legal.
How does that work? Thought that if it's IRL it works in DSL-S rules too?
Tournament History:
Showcases:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=18882.0
https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=19197.0

Offline Suzaku

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2016, 07:30:28 PM »

Ah, wellp, I can only hope that the dsl rules change soon or you're wrong. :(

Here is the updated non-stacked build.

Still can't figure out a name for it.