Author Topic: Primeval's DSL showcase  (Read 4131 times)

Offline Hoppin

• I save GTM
  • Rep: 10
  • -rep TheRoboteer. "queermint"
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Hoppin#0013
Re: Primeval's DSL showcase
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2017, 07:19:34 AM »
he said hes not entering them in tournaments, no reason to ride in here on a high horse and play game enforcer. if he's not entering them in competition, it's a totally valid reason to build however the hell he wants, really. i haven't turned the cf off since i installed it just because it's a fun new way to experience a game i've been playing on and off for over a decade.

really, what is a valid reason to make an 'illegal bot'? 'because he felt like it' isn't good enough? let a man live

It'd be nice though to let us know which ones aren't for competition.

Though giving feedback I'll give everything a competitive response as Im not sure which ones are intended.

Ruby:
You still don't need that many extenders as a support (unless it's to hide the weapon motor, which I can't really tell) but I also recommend making to have a center point higher up to allow you to make a longer bar thus more reach.

Zomp 2.0:
More improved that Zomp 1.0 as I saw in robogames. Though I think you could make is smaller still thus better armour. Other than that, good job.

TickTaalik:
Nice little AW here, though I don't like them drive motors but thats just me and I understand its due to weight limit.

Cabazal:
Looks good for an AW but I think you could still use up to 5kg left

Things I did & done

Offline PrimevalMamba

• The King of Prehistory
  • Antweight
  • Rep: 0
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2017, 08:56:58 AM »
In response to the Ruby critique I will simply say that it is for the actual character's hood. Making the full hood to be used as a weapon support seemed like a good way to fully envision the character

Offline PrimevalMamba

• The King of Prehistory
  • Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2017, 04:41:45 PM »
3 new bots to show off here ^^

Latenivenatrix is the old Flipper Arma I showed off here a while ago. The upgrades may at first seem purely visual, but the main difference is the change in the way the flipper is designed. Instead of one large panel, Latenivenatrix's new flipper is only the panel on the wedge, the top panel being used for armour against axes/hammers. And speaking of hammers...

The new Magnhild is here. A much better wedge system along with a custom hammer (thank you DSC ^^) and much improved drive system, she's here to death boop every opponent

Another bot that has seen upgrades since its last tourney, Teratophoenus 2.0 features improved drive and a revised colour scheme. Might change the weapon if it's still naff, but for now it remains the claws

And finally out of some of the updated bots (there will be more from them, trust me), with this new bot I built upon learning of the final 4 elements of the periodic table getting names, oganesson being the name of element 118, the heaviest element currently known to man.

Hope you guys enjoyed this little mini update to show that yes I am still here

Offline PrimevalMamba

• The King of Prehistory
  • Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2017, 08:33:37 PM »

Finally finished up the splash for this bot. Anyone who knows me knows that the Saturnalia series of mine is my favourite to work on. I've basically built it in all metas with the exception of Ironforge. And I am glad that this DSL version of the machine is finished with 2 VDMA bursts powering a much stronger flipper, as well as 4 wheel drive (which was a nightmare to try and fit in) to give it more of an edge. Couple that with a custom skin and logo, and my masterpiece is complete

Offline PrimevalMamba

• The King of Prehistory
  • Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2017, 01:12:07 PM »
Wow third post in a row but this was my entry for BOTM October
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 03:04:41 PM by PrimevalMamba »

Offline Hoppin

• I save GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2017, 03:00:18 PM »
Saturnalia 3 seems like it has 2 too many batteries than it needs
Things I did & done

Offline adamcena405

• Antweight
  • RA3 is a nightmare.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2018, 02:17:08 AM »
Zomp looks awesome! are these availaible 2 download??
?

Offline PrimevalMamba

• The King of Prehistory
  • Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2018, 12:51:30 PM »
It's been waaaaaaay too long since I've updated this, so I'm gonna go through a few of my latest bot creations:

(with thanks to Hoppin for the skin)

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • I wish to be with my people
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2019
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2018, 01:04:34 PM »
That's possibly the most meta IRL axebot I've ever seen, typhoon teeth as the weaponry (somehow) and only a pair of TWMs for drive. Protip for your axebots, they would look a lot better if you BFE the burst arc to be 180 degrees so the shaft lays flat on top of the bot.

The highlight here for me is Shalako, a very neat little flipper. Bonus points for being a sub-LW that isn't a spinner of some kind. Again though, the drive seems worryingly weak for a flipper. I suppose there's not much you can do about that for a BW.
also lol at most toxic guy around calling others out on this sh**
Google Drive with my newer bots

Offline Hoppin

• I save GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2018, 01:26:25 PM »
The dust has cleared on this showcase huh.

Give 'Im the chair
You have a great amount of drive on this. This will certainly be the strength of the bot itself. So I'd recommend keeping it. I noticed you have plates at the back of the bot. I'd actually recommend removing them and putting some more armour in the front, specifically the angled side bits. This can do wonders for absorbing horizontal spinner impacts. Secondly, the burst and the subsequent flipper on top has an odd reationship to the wedge itself. Looking as it would cut off the smooth transition that bots will have when riding onto it. I'd recommend lowering the burst slightly whether this is through bfe or rebuilding it as such. This would make the weapon much easier to put into effect.

I'd also recommend you lose that 1 red battery. 4 blacks is plenty. Perhaps then you can use that weight for a hinged wedgelets this, combined with your drive would mean that you could bully most things in the arena.

Vendetta
The reach of Valkyrie is far. This is personally my favourite build of yours. Whilst I believe the vertical spinner setup to be rather last minute it certainly doesn't look bad. From what I can see. In the vertical spinner setup. You have only 1 black battery, whilst in the undercutter you have 2. Change both of these to 1 black and 1 ant bat. This will give you weight to have better teeth. I suggest small typhoons. This will make it a really top tier undercutter/vert. Remember that don't want the disc hitting the ground as this will stop all it's damage output. So maybe a hexplate underneath if you haven't already will really help.

Zupay V3
You have too many batteries. Remember that each battery has a set amount of time for their usage, with spinners and spin motors this can be easily calculated. You have 4 spin motors in it's current setup, this means you only need 2 black bats, but you can use 2 reds, which can also get you through 3 minutes thus all the fight. But I suggest adding a second pair of drive motors. Moving the current ones back and maybe use smaller wheels. Colsons perhaps. If you want the thickness of the vlads, stack the colsons on one another. With doing this, you'll be needing 3 reds for this.

Shalako
Like Badger said, this is a lovely BW. Nice to see flippers in the low weightclasses. I can't really critique it much. But you'll just have to test it so see it's flaws and change it based on that.

Crurivastator
Like mention with a previous bot, given this has lower speed and hinged wedge will drastically help it, allowing it to more effectively get under stuff, which will then allow you to get under bots and push them around and generally take control of a fight. Due to axes being more of a grappling style of combat, having to get it close etc. It's important to focus your armour on the front of your machine. Whilst you have the front panel itself, you'll want to armour the faces besides them, due to how you'll be hit by the spinners.

The axe itself fits the theming quite well but, I'm unsure as to the damage that can be caused given that the bottom two teeth are facing the incorrect way. Maybe look into a different component to replace it, with that shape but can deal more damage.

Category 5
A warrior dragon bot is always a challenge to make, personally I commemorate you for taking up the challenge. Personally I've never attempted this myself. So I can't offer much feedback on this. The teeth you're using however, I'm not sure of the effectiveness of them.
Things I did & done