Author Topic: Pokébros DSL TipSite  (Read 47263 times)

Offline pokebro14

• Your mother
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • Interior crocodile alligator 🤔
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Pokébros DSL TipSite
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2017, 01:51:31 PM »
RRR is really cool looking, something you'd see at robogames for sure

second one is almost there too! maybe give it a bigger weapon

If I do it makes the weapon hit the floor
Achievements and tournament placings

Offline pokebro14

• Your mother
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2017, 04:10:52 AM »
2 new bots that have a very good record so far also omnitrix a bot is the first cruiser weight iv'e made

omni.png

gam.png

Offline NeonCalypso

• PMD Comics are my fetish
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 6
  • Objective: Survive
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2017, 05:05:16 AM »
Omnitrix's Shell Panels is off
I actually like RadioWave though
>not letting me ai my own robot

unironically kill yourself
Stuff I won at

Offline Hoppin

• I save GTM
  • Rep: 10
  • -rep TheRoboteer. "queermint"
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Hoppin#0013
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2017, 06:25:33 AM »
These are once again to very nice bots however, the ring spinner is 5.5kg overweight to be classed as a CW, I would recommend just removing the beaters. Like Neon said the disc isn't center. I've noticed that you could raise the motors up, this would mean you wouldn't have to use casters, giving you more weight and reduction your ground clearance. Other than that, it's very good.

RadioWave looks like a very thought out bot, very clean. though, Is there a reason for the CO2 bottles? Also you still have too many batteries, for the 4 spin motors you have you would only need the 2 black batteries. Not only this the wedges you've used I would recommend putting a 40cm extender sideways on a metal hinge, then attaching the wedges to the extenders, then adjusting the start & end point of the hinge so the wedges are pointing slightly below the bot, this will make the wedges more effective. And you probably could provide more motor protection, or more beaters for weapons.
Things I did & done

Offline pokebro14

• Your mother
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2017, 07:10:36 AM »
These are once again to very nice bots however, the ring spinner is 5.5kg overweight to be classed as a CW, I would recommend just removing the beaters. Like Neon said the disc isn't center. I've noticed that you could raise the motors up, this would mean you wouldn't have to use casters, giving you more weight and reduction your ground clearance. Other than that, it's very good.

RadioWave looks like a very thought out bot, very clean. though, Is there a reason for the CO2 bottles? Also you still have too many batteries, for the 4 spin motors you have you would only need the 2 black batteries. Not only this the wedges you've used I would recommend putting a 40cm extender sideways on a metal hinge, then attaching the wedges to the extenders, then adjusting the start & end point of the hinge so the wedges are pointing slightly below the bot, this will make the wedges more effective. And you probably could provide more motor protection, or more beaters for weapons.

Thanks for the tips :)

The CO2 bottles are for flamethrowers located just below the weapon I will get rid of them if a tournament dosn't allow flamethrowers but they are pretty effective at getting extra points.

Offline TheRoboteer

• Mr Big Blue Flipper
  • Rep: 9
  • "I HATE SEBASTIAN COE!"
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2021
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: TheRoboteer#8784
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2017, 08:27:12 AM »
Big fan of RadioWave, though I'm wondering if you have the latest version of DSC's packs because you could switch the wedgelets on the front to white or red to fit better with the rest of the colour scheme if you do.

As for Omnitrix I'm gonna echo what everyone else has said by suggesting you try to centre the disc. Looks fairly standard for a sing spinner other than that though.
Notable Tournament Performances:
The Beginner's Guide to IRL:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/tutorials-and-tips/irl-a-beginner's-guide

Offline pokebro14

• Your mother
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2017, 09:31:41 AM »
Big fan of RadioWave, though I'm wondering if you have the latest version of DSC's packs because you could switch the wedgelets on the front to white or red to fit better with the rest of the colour scheme if you do.

As for Omnitrix I'm gonna echo what everyone else has said by suggesting you try to centre the disc. Looks fairly standard for a sing spinner other than that though.

I do have the DSC pack I just wanted to use the silver ones

Offline pokebro14

• Your mother
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2017, 04:19:51 AM »
Here are some robots I've been working on over the week. Hope you like um

bot dump 1.1.png

.Rad Rocket is the best grabber I've made only really struggles with horizontal spinners. A wedge design for him is in production im just trying to work out some of the design

.Evoo Dragoo is suprisingly effective with only 1 loss to the IRL version of Critical Emergency. If you cant tell it is based on saw blaze who Is one of my favourite battlebots from the reboot.

Bot dump 1.2.png

.Dino-Mighty is a design I've been wanting to make for a while in real life and RA2. It has spike strips at the bottom of the flipper for both aesthetic and points. It has a lot of weight left to use which is good.

.Buster is basically a complete copy of beta so nothing special,quite effective in combat.

Offline Thyrus

• Rep: 19
  • Back to purple '17
    • http://www.youtube.com/Th
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2017, 04:59:34 AM »
Wow. these are really nice. Good job!

Offline NeonCalypso

• PMD Comics are my fetish
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 6
  • Objective: Survive
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2017, 05:14:22 AM »
Evoo dragoo is my favorite of the bunch  :heart_smiley:
>not letting me ai my own robot

unironically kill yourself
Stuff I won at

Offline pokebro14

• Your mother
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2017, 05:16:53 AM »
Wow. these are really nice. Good job!

Woah! thats a lot coming from you

Offline doot

« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2017, 05:22:04 AM »
Nicely crafted machines. Dino-Mighty's my favourite as it reminds me a bit of Tashic's LW, Sprinter.

The only thing that is irking me is the top part of the clamp on Red Rocket as it doesn't seem to fit in correctly with the rest of the 'bot.

Offline Hoppin

• I save GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2017, 08:10:45 AM »
Here are some robots I've been working on over the week. Hope you like um

[ Quoting of attachment images from other messages is not allowed ]

.Rad Rocket is the best grabber I've made only really struggles with horizontal spinners. A wedge design for him is in production im just trying to work out some of the design

.Evoo Dragoo is suprisingly effective with only 1 loss to the IRL version of Critical Emergency. If you cant tell it is based on saw blaze who Is one of my favourite battlebots from the reboot.

[ Quoting of attachment images from other messages is not allowed ]

.Dino-Mighty is a design I've been wanting to make for a while in real life and RA2. It has spike strips at the bottom of the flipper for both aesthetic and points. It has a lot of weight left to use which is good.

.Buster is basically a complete copy of beta so nothing special,quite effective in combat.

Bad Rocket - I really like this, clean looking wheels guards. Funky looking jaws. Really top tier here. As far as HS spinner defence goes, maybe if you can find the weight, place 40x40 triangles onto the bottom jaw where the triangle placed are.

Evoo Dragoo - Whilst some of it looks a bit messy, mainly due to Ra2's limiting angles with armour plates, this is my favourite of the bunch. Im guessing the wedges are on a hinged wedge. I do also think you can make it even more compact, might have to be a bit wider though. Still This is a insane bot and I'd love to see what you can improve on it.  :heart_smiley:

Dino-Mighty - Nice wheelguards, Flipper looks nice, though I would like to see it flushed with the wedge. Overall very nice but you still have 80kg to use so maybe add some flair or armour.

Buster - Like you said, Beta clone. with the last 40kg you might be able to add some more poly- carb on top, I'd just say try give it some more character and make it different from just a straight copy of beta.

Overall, these are amazing, best bots you've made so far and I cannot wait to see how they've improved. I might also have to steal some of the design choices myself ;) Keep it up man
Things I did & done

Offline pokebro14

• Your mother
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2017, 12:31:36 PM »
Sup Y'all I was meant to have a schedule for showing of my bots (every weekend) but I wont be posting this weekend as I am competing at a robot wars live event with a heavyweight for a weekend. I would like to know tho, by viewing all the bots from my last bot dump what is something I could improve on all around/what's a common problem in all the bots

Offline Hoppin

• I save GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2017, 12:36:36 PM »
You have a HW robot?
Things I did & done

Offline pokebro14

• Your mother
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2017, 12:37:15 PM »

Offline Hoppin

• I save GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2017, 12:37:51 PM »
Things I did & done

Offline pokebro14

• Your mother
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2017, 12:38:55 PM »

Offline Hoppin

• I save GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2017, 12:40:28 PM »
Create a real robotics showcase is something I'd also recommend. Might get help with upgrades & general advice for that.
Things I did & done

Offline pokebro14

• Your mother
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2017, 12:44:30 PM »
Create a real robotics showcase is something I'd also recommend. Might get help with upgrades & general advice for that.
True. We are sort of working of tough estimates as a pose to software's like CAD although it don't matter. HE is a robot we have inherited so most of the work is done for us. Fact: he has been on tv before just not with us