Author Topic: Orc's DSL Showcase  (Read 22209 times)

Offline TheOrcCorp

• I push buttons and hope GTM doesn't explode.
  • Rep: 20
  • A mean, green, small brained machine!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Orc's DSL Showcase
« Reply #180 on: May 19, 2019, 09:18:23 AM »
Two more bots that were essentially upgrades/tweaks: I will have some new bot projects coming very soon.
First for today is Humanity 2.5: the base body is the same but the side parts have been completely rechanged for a simplistic look. I'm happy with the new skinned face too.

Humanity 2-5.png

And for the other: a favourite amongst the Discord server, it's Nogoodnik. A titanium 'tashe and some slight upgrades/tweaks all around.

Nogoodnik.png

Hope you likey.
GTM 2017 Awards - Most Unique Bots (shared with DSC) and Most Enthusiastic Member!
GTM 2018 Awards - Friendliest and Kindest/Most Unique Bots/Best Tournament 2018/Best Tournament by Editing/Best Tournament by Matches!
GTM 2019 Awards - Friendliest and Kindest(how)/Favourite Staff Member/Hall of Fame Inductee

Offline KidDelta

• Treasure Sniper
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • "To Comfort the Disturbed, and Disturb the Comfort
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: X Æ A-12#8572
« Reply #181 on: May 19, 2019, 09:28:26 AM »
Is Nogoodnik played by Jim Carrey?
I shouldn't have come here

Offline F1Krazy

• Put me on a pedestal and I'll only disappoint you
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 4
  • Tell me I'm exceptional, I promise to exploit you
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #182 on: May 19, 2019, 03:07:03 PM »
Is Nogoodnik played by Jim Carrey?
"The Doctor thinks your designs are basic."
My DSL Showcase

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • I wish to be with my people
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2019
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #183 on: May 20, 2019, 02:40:26 AM »
I like the face on Humanity, it's giving me a very "Super Meat Boy" vibe
also lol at most toxic guy around calling others out on this sh**
Google Drive with my newer bots

Offline TheOrcCorp

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #184 on: January 08, 2023, 02:00:36 PM »
*cough cough* God, this place hasn't been used in...ALMOST 4 YEARS?! Jeez no wonder the cobwebs are so large...but speaking of large, let's make a solid comeback with the large egg himself!

Nogoodnik III Splash.png

OH YES, IT'S NOGOODNIK III! Same base body as Nogoodnik II but with more improvements (...I think)

Also, we want to try and get people to showcase their bots here more as people can actually get proper feedback instead of robots being skipped over/missed due to how busy Discord can be: as it turns out, both GTM and RA2C have their perks and we want to try and integrate them some more!
GTM 2017 Awards - Most Unique Bots (shared with DSC) and Most Enthusiastic Member!
GTM 2018 Awards - Friendliest and Kindest/Most Unique Bots/Best Tournament 2018/Best Tournament by Editing/Best Tournament by Matches!
GTM 2019 Awards - Friendliest and Kindest(how)/Favourite Staff Member/Hall of Fame Inductee

Offline TheRoboteer

• Mr Big Blue Flipper
  • Rep: 9
  • "I HATE SEBASTIAN COE!"
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2021
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: TheRoboteer#8784
« Reply #185 on: January 08, 2023, 02:07:32 PM »
Solid work. Is the axe on a regular VDMA or a slow one? I'm still torn about which I prefer personally. Regular is definitely better for damage, but the extra retract power of the slow ones can help prevent you getting stuck.

One change I would suggest would be to bring back the "horns" you had on the version before this. Being able to trap opponents on your wedge while you go to town on them with the axe is pretty paramount for axes and hammers to be competitive.

That said, the eyebrows and other facial features may already do that so they might not be necessary.

Is it only 2 battlepacks and an ant BTW? With a burst and 4WD that's likely to see you run out a fair ways before 3 mins, especially with how often axes tend to fire. I'd try to find weight for some more batts if possible, unless I've missed some
Notable Tournament Performances:
The Beginner's Guide to IRL:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/tutorials-and-tips/irl-a-beginner's-guide

Offline Lilleh__

• Overly ambitious tournament host
  • Middleweight
  • Rep: 2
  • Sakura Sunrise is here
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Lilleh__#0625
« Reply #186 on: January 08, 2023, 02:10:02 PM »
*cough cough* God, this place hasn't been used in...ALMOST 4 YEARS?! Jeez no wonder the cobwebs are so large...but speaking of large, let's make a solid comeback with the large egg himself!
  [ Quoting of attachment images from other messages is not allowed ]  
OH YES, IT'S NOGOODNIK III! Same base body as Nogoodnik II but with more improvements (...I think)

Also, we want to try and get people to showcase their bots here more as people can actually get proper feedback instead of robots being skipped over/missed due to how busy Discord can be: as it turns out, both GTM and RA2C have their perks and we want to try and integrate them some more!
Punished Nogoodnik!
Jokes aside, solid bot, the wedgelets on the previous version were abit on the long side for my liking.  I also like the arm for the axe.

Offline TheOrcCorp

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #187 on: January 08, 2023, 04:15:06 PM »
Solid work. Is the axe on a regular VDMA or a slow one? I'm still torn about which I prefer personally. Regular is definitely better for damage, but the extra retract power of the slow ones can help prevent you getting stuck.

One change I would suggest would be to bring back the "horns" you had on the version before this. Being able to trap opponents on your wedge while you go to town on them with the axe is pretty paramount for axes and hammers to be competitive.

That said, the eyebrows and other facial features may already do that so they might not be necessary.

Is it only 2 battlepacks and an ant BTW? With a burst and 4WD that's likely to see you run out a fair ways before 3 mins, especially with how often axes tend to fire. I'd try to find weight for some more batts if possible, unless I've missed some
The axe is a regular but I can adjust that and add the horns if need be aftering some testing! I'll fix the battery issue though!

Punished Nogoodnik!
Jokes aside, solid bot, the wedgelets on the previous version were abit on the long side for my liking.  I also like the arm for the axe.
Punished Nogoodnik vs Punished Bullbot when? Yeah I wanted to try and make a proper wedge for it, I'm glad you like the axe!

Offline Thrackerzod

• Sparkle up your day!
  • Rep: 10
  • The distant future... the year 2000...
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #188 on: January 10, 2023, 07:27:44 PM »
Now THIS is what I like to see

Amazing work here

Offline 090901

• alcoholic in denial
  • Rep: 22
  • :mrgreen:
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 GTMCS2 Divison Winner GTMCS Division Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #189 on: January 10, 2023, 08:38:17 PM »

Amazing work here

who turned you back on

Offline Thrackerzod

• Sparkle up your day!
  • Rep: 10
  • The distant future... the year 2000...
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #190 on: January 10, 2023, 10:29:19 PM »

Amazing work here

who turned you back on

Wherever there is Robotnik, so too am I

Offline TheOrcCorp

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #191 on: January 11, 2023, 04:02:39 AM »

Amazing work here
Thank you very much and thank you for inspiring me when I first joined with the Mean Bean Love Machine, Nogoodnik will keep your legacy ongoing :heart_smiley:

Offline TheOrcCorp

• View Profile
    • Awards
Orc's DSL Showcase - Juggergnawt
« Reply #192 on: January 22, 2023, 11:02:35 AM »

Juggergnawt Splash.png

The croc is back with a slighty revised version! Juggergnawt has probably been my most consistent Gnaws-bot to date and while I have been tempted to make a new 2WD one...why fix what isn't broken right?

That being said, as the splash shows I have fixed a few issues that have been bugging me and I feel this looks a lot better than it did before!

(EDIT: Forgot to mention that I used the right green this time, no Killertron mishaps now :laughing)

Offline TheRoboteer

• Mr Big Blue Flipper
  • Rep: 9
  • "I HATE SEBASTIAN COE!"
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2021
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: TheRoboteer#8784
Re: Orc's DSL Showcase - Juggergnawt
« Reply #193 on: January 22, 2023, 11:09:20 AM »
The croc is back with a slighty revised version! Juggergnawt has probably been my most consistent Gnaws-bot to date and while I have been tempted to make a new 2WD one...why fix what isn't broken right?

That being said, as the splash shows I have fixed a few issues that have been bugging me and I feel this looks a lot better than it did before!

Looking lovely. Your themeing is always on point.

What voltage is the weapon motor? I have two concerrns about the facelift. One is self righting, but if you've got a 72V weapon motor you'll probably be alright (definitely worth a test though)

The other is how far the weapon teeth are from the ground. I feel like you may struggle to get a good bite on stuff with shallow wedges even if you manage to get under them, though again I could be wrong. Will be a case of testing it to see.
Notable Tournament Performances:
The Beginner's Guide to IRL:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/tutorials-and-tips/irl-a-beginner's-guide

Offline TheOrcCorp

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Orc's DSL Showcase - Juggergnawt
« Reply #194 on: January 22, 2023, 11:13:56 AM »

Looking lovely. Your themeing is always on point.

What voltage is the weapon motor? I have two concerrns about the facelift. One is self righting, but if you've got a 72V weapon motor you'll probably be alright (definitely worth a test though)

The other is how far the weapon teeth are from the ground. I feel like you may struggle to get a good bite on stuff with shallow wedges even if you manage to get under them, though again I could be wrong. Will be a case of testing it to see.
Thank you! Weapon motor is 48V, I've tried 72V a few times but always felt it was too unstable - it can self right and with how persistant AI is, even more so.

I think it looks higher than what it actually is (was one of my peeves with older versions), in testing it seems to do pretty decently if it gets under something...but I'm sure when it comes to actual comps I'll be wrong :laughing