Author Topic: Orc's DSL Showcase  (Read 22216 times)

Offline TheOrcCorp

• I push buttons and hope GTM doesn't explode.
  • Rep: 20
  • A mean, green, small brained machine!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Orc's DSL Showcase
« Reply #140 on: May 14, 2018, 03:32:03 AM »
That's awesome, and how can you make a such a great extenderbot (especially Orange Beast, given the head is the robot's chassis)

Really glad you're back building again man. All of these are absolutely gorgeous.

Thanks guys! To answer your question Billy: a lot of patience was required!
GTM 2017 Awards - Most Unique Bots (shared with DSC) and Most Enthusiastic Member!
GTM 2018 Awards - Friendliest and Kindest/Most Unique Bots/Best Tournament 2018/Best Tournament by Editing/Best Tournament by Matches!
GTM 2019 Awards - Friendliest and Kindest(how)/Favourite Staff Member/Hall of Fame Inductee

Offline Thyrus

• Rep: 19
  • Back to purple '17
    • http://www.youtube.com/Th
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #141 on: May 14, 2018, 03:47:40 AM »
I love them. They are all unique to your style and it's awesome

Offline TheOrcCorp

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #142 on: May 14, 2018, 04:26:22 AM »
I love them. They are all unique to your style and it's awesome

Thanks Thy! :heart_smiley:
GTM 2017 Awards - Most Unique Bots (shared with DSC) and Most Enthusiastic Member!
GTM 2018 Awards - Friendliest and Kindest/Most Unique Bots/Best Tournament 2018/Best Tournament by Editing/Best Tournament by Matches!
GTM 2019 Awards - Friendliest and Kindest(how)/Favourite Staff Member/Hall of Fame Inductee

Offline FightingBotInformal

• wait, i'm still here?
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -12
  • how tf did i even remember my password lol
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: meet me at RA2 central ig
« Reply #143 on: May 14, 2018, 10:55:38 AM »
IDK why but to me Orange Beast looks more like the first version of Killer Carrot 2 than Aggrobot
my weeb headass with my anime avatar is gone

hmu on discord for anime or music recommendations or to talk ab some sports sh** idk

Offline TheOrcCorp

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #144 on: May 17, 2018, 05:09:32 PM »
IDK why but to me Orange Beast looks more like the first version of Killer Carrot 2 than Aggrobot

I can see where you're coming from, we'll call it a mixture of both, eh? ;)

I have 4 robots to share with you all today! First of all is a new version of an old robot: Mastermind! It's now a flipper while still keeping the brain in the jar theme!

Mastermind Ver 2.png

Next up is Red Wrecker: initially my version of a robot called Ajax by a fellow YouTuber who is interested in the Orc's Wars series to try and show him how I would build the robot to the IRL/OW ruleset, if that makes sense. :smile:
Red Wrecker.png

Another new version of an old robot: here's Humanity II! Instead of relying so much on extenders, I made the face under the mask it's paintjob and am much happier with the outcome!

Humanity II.png

Last but not least: Scrapmunch, a robot based on Shredder: a favourite design of mine!

Scrapmunch.png

Hope you like this bunch!

Offline Olister92

• Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
  • Trust no one, suspect everyone
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: Olister92#9751
« Reply #145 on: May 21, 2018, 06:32:21 AM »
I always love how creative you bots are and that you don't just go for being straight up combat effective and to hell with looks keep it up

Offline TheOrcCorp

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #146 on: May 31, 2018, 06:06:52 PM »
I always love how creative you bots are and that you don't just go for being straight up combat effective and to hell with looks keep it up

Thanks Oli! :heart_smiley: I try and balance both but I just enjoy trying to make bots that look attractive to the eye!

Only one robot for you all this time: the new version of Scorp that did appallingly in Badger's tourney! Hopefully this one will do a bit better! (Also featuring a certain someone from the robotics community! ;))

Scorp II.png

Offline FightingBotInformal

• wait, i'm still here?
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -12
  • how tf did i even remember my password lol
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: meet me at RA2 central ig
« Reply #147 on: June 01, 2018, 12:31:31 AM »
(Also featuring a certain someone from the robotics community! ;) )
Jason Bourne, it’s Jesus Christ.
my weeb headass with my anime avatar is gone

hmu on discord for anime or music recommendations or to talk ab some sports sh** idk

Offline KillerTurtleG

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #148 on: June 01, 2018, 05:56:31 AM »
Hmmm beautiful face right there  :thumbup . Liking the compactness think it's a good step forward, try continuing to reduce size of the chassis more often on bots now so there's less dead space. Will allow more weight to decorate and less waste, Love the bot  :bigsmile:

Offline TheOrcCorp

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #149 on: June 30, 2018, 06:35:25 AM »
Got 3 new bots to share! First up is the blubbery buffoon Tusk! I wanted to make a walrus robot, that's all the story to it really: not the most effective either!

Tusk.png

Next up is a Terrorhurtz (and to a smaller degree, Beta) styled robot which fuses a hammer and an axe together: I'm pretty pleased with it (also you get a cookie if you can guess where the name comes from!)

Pummelwhack.png

Lastly, the return of my signature bot after it was ripped to shreds by Jamie's Hollowing Out Souls: here is Deadgnaws! This is the second version with an improved wedge and visual features!

Deadgnaws 1.2.png

Offline TheRoboteer

• Mr Big Blue Flipper
  • Rep: 9
  • "I HATE SEBASTIAN COE!"
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2021
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: TheRoboteer#8784
« Reply #150 on: June 30, 2018, 06:42:01 AM »
All 3 of these look sweet. The new Deadgnaws looks really good and polished and I look forward to seeing it fight. Tusk is super cute too. Really is amazing how well you can get the likeness of these creatures you build down while still having it be a functional bot, Orc.

Pummelwhack is sweet too, though I do have a bit of advice for this one. With the ~30KG you have left I think I'd try to fill some of those gaps in top a bit. Will provide some additional protection to the internals as well as make it look a bit more polished I think. Other than that looks great!
Notable Tournament Performances:
The Beginner's Guide to IRL:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/tutorials-and-tips/irl-a-beginner's-guide

Offline Olister92

• Heavyweight
  • Trust no one, suspect everyone
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: Olister92#9751
« Reply #151 on: June 30, 2018, 06:43:48 AM »
I love it when you make stuff, they're always so cool, I think Pummelwhack is favourite as I always a Terrorhurtz fan boy

Offline TheOrcCorp

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #152 on: June 30, 2018, 11:20:48 AM »
Thanks guys! :heart_smiley: Means a lot, will try and add some top protection for Pummelwhack!

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • I wish to be with my people
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2019
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #153 on: June 30, 2018, 11:28:44 AM »
I think pummelwhack's biggest issue is the hammer/axe itself. To be blunt, it's seriously fugly. The two heads don't mesh well at all, the shaft looks a bit weak to hold a huge-ass hammer and an axe head, and it kinda looks like you glued a tetris piece on the end.

For all your bots flaws, they all have a lot of character, which is important for IRL and seriously lacking in a lot of builders. If you can polish some of the rough edges you'd have a lot of gems.
also lol at most toxic guy around calling others out on this sh**
Google Drive with my newer bots

Offline TheOrcCorp

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #154 on: June 30, 2018, 12:19:45 PM »
I see what you mean, I'll mess around with the weapon and see what I can do!

Offline FOTEPX

• Your dad
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 5
  • Thank you, meow.
    • Bamzookiman130
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Shima33 #9110
« Reply #155 on: June 30, 2018, 12:58:38 PM »
Do you want any of these to be your BOTM entry? Right now you've got Scorp II set.

Currently listening to: Marblehead Johnson - The Bluetones

Offline TheOrcCorp

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #156 on: January 16, 2019, 06:50:25 PM »
RIGHT! Time to make GTM great again, no more of this "wandering spinner" b****cks: let's get some proper robots showcased! First up, we always need more Gnaws in our lives...so here is the new Deadgnaws! It's done fairly decently in PWS, hope it does well in OW3 and anything else it is entered into! :mrgreen:

Deadgnaws II.png

Been a while since I've built anything since Deadgnaws II...until today! Here is Spiderbot (best name ever), a SHW drum spinner not built to the weight just to try an idea I had!

Spiderbot - The Webbening.png

Offline Hoppin

• I save GTM
  • Rep: 10
  • -rep TheRoboteer. "queermint"
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Hoppin#0013
« Reply #157 on: January 16, 2019, 06:51:18 PM »
Delete your account zoomer

Fr tho nibba, these are dope