Author Topic: Orc's DSL Showcase  (Read 22223 times)

Offline TheOrcCorp

• I push buttons and hope GTM doesn't explode.
  • Rep: 20
  • A mean, green, small brained machine!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Orc's DSL Showcase
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2017, 07:21:16 PM »
if you give the tank a skin it will look dope as hell
even tho it already looks rad

I knew I'd forgot something! I'll do that when I get up tomorrow morning, thanks for the comment!
GTM 2017 Awards - Most Unique Bots (shared with DSC) and Most Enthusiastic Member!
GTM 2018 Awards - Friendliest and Kindest/Most Unique Bots/Best Tournament 2018/Best Tournament by Editing/Best Tournament by Matches!
GTM 2019 Awards - Friendliest and Kindest(how)/Favourite Staff Member/Hall of Fame Inductee

Offline MassimoV

• I Move Weight
  • Rep: 24
  • I make rap for people of Serbia
    • MassimoVTV
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Mourning Glory
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2017, 03:16:33 PM »
Scrap Brain looks based.

Offline kix

• RR2 dev
  • Rep: -3
  • H
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2017, 10:10:28 AM »
Why does mastermind reminds me of that spider in doom?
Oh yeah. It it named mastermind...

Keep up the good work, bro!

Offline TheOrcCorp

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2017, 10:38:47 AM »
Scrap Brain looks based.

I've been told based means something like awesome: thank you!

Why does mastermind reminds me of that spider in doom?
Oh yeah. It it named mastermind...

Keep up the good work, bro!

Holy cow, really? XD I've hardly played Doom so I wouldn't know...what a coincidence! I'll try to keep up the good stuff!  :mrgreen:
GTM 2017 Awards - Most Unique Bots (shared with DSC) and Most Enthusiastic Member!
GTM 2018 Awards - Friendliest and Kindest/Most Unique Bots/Best Tournament 2018/Best Tournament by Editing/Best Tournament by Matches!
GTM 2019 Awards - Friendliest and Kindest(how)/Favourite Staff Member/Hall of Fame Inductee

Offline TheOrcCorp

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2017, 09:19:38 AM »
Here are some more robots!

This is Undertaker, based on the wrestler of the same name!

This is Beaky Bleeder/Twirley Bird, a full body spinner a friend asked me to make. It was based on a robot called Hurricane and has the colours of a macaw.  :mrgreen:

And finally, to keep some peace in the battles, I made Toby: a robot inspired by Refbot/referees in general!

Offline Thrackerzod

• Sparkle up your day!
  • Rep: 10
  • The distant future... the year 2000...
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2017, 10:04:02 AM »
dude i love undertaker's hat

Offline TheOrcCorp

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2017, 10:29:25 AM »
dude i love undertaker's hat

Thank you!  :mrgreen:

Offline FightingBotInformal

• wait, i'm still here?
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -12
  • how tf did i even remember my password lol
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: meet me at RA2 central ig
« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2017, 10:35:07 AM »
undertaker's hat tho

damn.
my weeb headass with my anime avatar is gone

hmu on discord for anime or music recommendations or to talk ab some sports sh** idk

Offline jdg37

• Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
  • I got kids
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2017, 10:42:14 AM »
Toby's face

Offline Dark-Al

• That guy who makes long posts.
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: 2
  • That's not how you build a Hydraulic crusher mate
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2017, 11:26:27 AM »
I like the looks of your bots. But can't help to notice that the last two bots are critically under-weight for a heavyweight. The referee may be no problem because this is more of a show bot and not made for combat, the Beaky Bleeder may do with some more weaponry such as possibly using more Typhoon teeth not only for more damage, but to also use up some of the 113.5 spare KGs. If that's not for your tastes Orc, what extenders are you using? If you are using Aluminium extenders for the outer ring, you can swap them for steel or titanium extenders to increase the strength of the outer ring, allowing the ring to take more hits over using aluminium extenders for the ring. The Drive is decent if for something like a lightweight, though for heavyweight I often use Drive motors like the TWM3R just for a little more speed over the motors you're using, the motor that you are using may give a good moment of speed but they aren't ideal for Heavyweights, so try only using them for lighter weight classes like lights and beetles if you can. As for one last note, put some more batteries into Bleeder. Two battlepacks may be handy, but having more batteries when you apply the changes can allow the bot to have a longer battery life in the field.

Overall, try keeping up the arty bots but you may decide if you do want to take up this bulk of criticism. You may break it down a take little bits or take it all.

Offline TheOrcCorp

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: June 16, 2017, 12:15:02 PM »
I like the looks of your bots. But can't help to notice that the last two bots are critically under-weight for a heavyweight. The referee may be no problem because this is more of a show bot and not made for combat, the Beaky Bleeder may do with some more weaponry such as possibly using more Typhoon teeth not only for more damage, but to also use up some of the 113.5 spare KGs. If that's not for your tastes Orc, what extenders are you using? If you are using Aluminium extenders for the outer ring, you can swap them for steel or titanium extenders to increase the strength of the outer ring, allowing the ring to take more hits over using aluminium extenders for the ring. The Drive is decent if for something like a lightweight, though for heavyweight I often use Drive motors like the TWM3R just for a little more speed over the motors you're using, the motor that you are using may give a good moment of speed but they aren't ideal for Heavyweights, so try only using them for lighter weight classes like lights and beetles if you can. As for one last note, put some more batteries into Bleeder. Two battlepacks may be handy, but having more batteries when you apply the changes can allow the bot to have a longer battery life in the field.

Overall, try keeping up the arty bots but you may decide if you do want to take up this bulk of criticism. You may break it down a take little bits or take it all.

If I'm entering tournaments or whatever, I do tend to get as close to the weight limit as possible. For Beaky Blinder and Toby, I probably forgot to change the armour which is why they are underweight so I'll adjust that.  :smile: I only used the Slimbody motors as they fit nicely into certain shapes (Undertaker for example, I made the body bigger originally but it looked odd so I decreased the body size...the robot is a bit slow but it funnily matches the character he is based on) but I'll have a look at those motors! I tend to use Aluminium extenders as they don't weigh that much, even though they are probably weaker compared to the others.

Thanks for the kind words and advice!

Offline botbuster

• Razer
  • Middleweight
  • Rep: -19
  • welcome back to robot wars
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: June 16, 2017, 01:19:18 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

This is Beaky Bleeder/Twirley Bird, a full body spinner a friend asked me to make. It was based on a robot called Hurricane and has the colours of a macaw.  :mrgreen:

And finally, to keep some peace in the battles, I made Toby: a robot inspired by Refbot/referees in general!
Beaky Bleeder reminds me of Bloody Murder Weapon form Dutch Robot Wars Series 2.
RA2 Awards Most Enthusiastic 2023
Tournament Records and Rewards

Offline FightingBotInformal

• wait, i'm still here?
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -12
  • how tf did i even remember my password lol
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: meet me at RA2 central ig
« Reply #72 on: June 16, 2017, 01:46:52 PM »

Beaky Bleeder reminds me of Bloody Murder Weapon form Dutch Robot Wars Series 2.
As Orc said, it was actually based off the obscure BattleBots Season 4.0 superheavyweight one-time loser Hurricane, which lost its only bout to Armageddon by unanimous decision, 45 - 0.
my weeb headass with my anime avatar is gone

hmu on discord for anime or music recommendations or to talk ab some sports sh** idk

Offline TheOrcCorp

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: June 16, 2017, 04:15:45 PM »

As Orc said, it was actually based off the obscure BattleBots Season 4.0 superheavyweight one-time loser Hurricane, which lost its only bout to Armageddon by unanimous decision, 45 - 0.

That being said, I can see a resemblance to Bloody Murder Weapon too!

Offline KillerTurtleG

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: June 18, 2017, 06:09:19 AM »
Undertaker looks dank af. Much like everything else tbf :P Keep making dank machines. Also send them me and i'll make something to rip em apart too XD

Offline TheOrcCorp

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2017, 08:41:07 AM »
Undertaker looks dank af. Much like everything else tbf :P Keep making dank machines. Also send them me and i'll make something to rip em apart too XD

Good sir, I will one day make a monstrous machine that rips all your stuff to pieces! You have my word as a gentleman! Anyway...it has been a while but I've been tinkering away on some bots for GTM Live!

First up is Carrion! I was experimenting with a claw mechanism which eventually evolved into a General Chompsalot like machine! (I wonder where the electronics are?  :mrgreen:)

Second up is Phantom! I wasn't sure what kind of flipper I wanted to make but was given the idea by Doodlez to create a 4 bar lifter! I have to admit, I love how it works!

Last but not least is Werewolf! The original Stock version worked well with rapidly spinning claws but as spinners aren't allowed in GTM Live, I had to think of a different way of implementing them...I like the final result!

Hope you guys like them, as always any advice is appreciated!

Offline Philippa

• The Queen of GTM
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • ✊ Viva la Standard! ✊
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2017, 08:51:06 AM »
Holy wowzers.

Offline KillerTurtleG

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: July 14, 2017, 08:54:37 AM »
Must say again. Really nice and original bots. Great to see as always :D

Offline kix

• RR2 dev
  • Rep: -3
  • H
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: July 14, 2017, 08:56:28 AM »
Holy crap!
No comments!

Offline TheOrcCorp

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: July 14, 2017, 09:34:40 AM »
Holy wowzers.
Must say again. Really nice and original bots. Great to see as always :D
Holy crap!
No comments!

Thanks guys!  :mrgreen: