Robot Arena > DSL TC Showcases

Orc's DSL Showcase

(1/39) > >>

TheOrcCorp:
So I've been getting into DSL more recently (thanks to Demon's latest tournament for really kicking my motivation into gear!) They are probably not the best designs as I'm still learning, some have quite a bit of open space/areas but hey, I'm welcome to feedback!  :bigsmile:

Thrackerzod:
I gotta say I really like these, especially with the team theme you've given them!  One thing to note is that piglets aren't meant to be drive motors (see: the first two), consider switching those.  How well does the train move?  6 slimbodies doesn't seem like it ought to be enough for a SHW.

Merrick:
Solid start. Nice theme to them.

Some tips on the first two while I've got time;

Goblin - Piglets for drive is a no-no. Slimbodies are probably the best bet there.

Bruiser: Probably wouldn't use a Mace on that piston. Maybe an Iron Spike to keep the aesthetic of the others. This and Goblin are both underpowered as well. Needs another battery, or one big one.

I'll come back and give advice on the others when I've got time, but I'm a big fan of General Orcatraz and Bane Train.  :thumbup

Jammy Dodger:
solid HW, CW , LW and MW also Bane Train is adorable :P

TheOrcCorp:

--- Quote from: Thrackerzod on April 01, 2017, 08:36:16 AM ---I gotta say I really like these, especially with the team theme you've given them!  One thing to note is that piglets aren't meant to be drive motors (see: the first two), consider switching those.  How well does the train move?  6 slimbodies doesn't seem like it ought to be enough for a SHW.

--- End quote ---

Thank you! I've changed the motors as you and others have recommended! Bane Train is a bit sluggish...what motors would you recommend?

--- Quote from: Mazakari on April 01, 2017, 08:41:02 AM ---Solid start. Nice theme to them.

Some tips on the first two while I've got time;

Goblin - Piglets for drive is a no-no. Slimbodies are probably the best bet there.

Bruiser: Probably wouldn't use a Mace on that piston. Maybe an Iron Spike to keep the aesthetic of the others. This and Goblin are both underpowered as well. Needs another battery, or one big one.

I'll come back and give advice on the others when I've got time, but I'm a big fan of General Orcatraz and Bane Train.  :thumbup

--- End quote ---

Thank you, seems like a few people like the theme I've got going on! Changed the motors, added/changed batteries and also gone for an Iron Spike for Bruiser for consistency like you said! I look forward to the rest of your advice!

--- Quote from: Jamied666 on April 01, 2017, 08:44:40 AM ---solid HW, CW , LW and MW also Bane Train is adorable :P

--- End quote ---

Thank you...STOP CALLING THE ULTIMATE TRAIN OF DOOM AND DESTRUCTION ADORABLE, HE WILL TRAMPLE OVER YOU!  ::2mad

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version