Author Topic: Naryar's DSL showcase - The manliest, most baguette showcase of all  (Read 308596 times)

Offline Naryar

• Something something baguette manly justice fist
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Naryar's DSL showcase - The manliest, most baguette showcase of all
« Reply #2640 on: July 01, 2018, 06:36:41 AM »
part of me almost wishes you did like a single flipper in the middle and made the chassis more of a firestorm shape, it might even let you add some weapons on the side to help both corral them onto the flipper and also help with the sns.

hmm. i think you're right. i'll probably change it to 1 flipper, it is more efficient and those big VDMA powered flippers are actually really OP good.

Of all the hybrid choices in the world, why this one? :really_makes_you_think: I can't think of any situation where this hybrid is practical, let alone useful

I know this particular hybrid combo is very unefficient (And I'm fairly certain it's sh** in actual combat, maybe it'll work better in IRL metas ?). I'm just building experimentally.

Think you might have a bit too much battery power there, man. Surely just the two black's and the ant would be enough?

is it ? I'm quite rusty with the DSL 2.2 meta. i'll try less batteries.

Also the width of that chassis has me thinking perhaps some optimization work could be done on it.

The overly wide chassis is done on purpose to increase turning speed without having to go Eteks, since i can't simply improve speed via grippier wheels in DSL2.2.

Offline FOTEPX

• Everyone on GTM's Father
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Thank you, meow.
    • Bamzookiman130
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Shima33 #9110
Re: Naryar's DSL showcase - The manliest, most baguette showcase of all
« Reply #2641 on: July 01, 2018, 05:16:32 PM »
Think you might have a bit too much battery power there, man. Surely just the two black's and the ant would be enough?

is it ? I'm quite rusty with the DSL 2.2 meta. i'll try less batteries.

Generally, I find, with the DSL 2.2 meta, you want to have enough batteries in there to last into the 2:40-2:50 range, with the bot continuously spinning in circles and firing all it's bursts for that duration. Why 2:40-2:50, and not the full 3 minutes? Well, it's highly unlikely that your opponent's gonna KO you in the last 10 seconds of the fight unless you've ****ed up for the previous 2:50, and it takes 10 seconds for the immobility counter to start, so why not save a couple of KG and spend that on weapons or armour? Sure, nothing wrong with your batts lasting the full 3 minutes, but if you're really strapped for weight, the batteries are usually the main thing I notice people overstocking on in DSL 2.2.

Currently listening to: Marblehead Johnson - The Bluetones