Author Topic: Orc's DSL Showcase  (Read 22204 times)

Offline TheOrcCorp

• I push buttons and hope GTM doesn't explode.
  • Rep: 20
  • A mean, green, small brained machine!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Orc's DSL Showcase
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2017, 06:32:49 PM »
An update with some more robots! First up is Crocognaws...I don't have to say what it is based on, do I?  :mrgreen: That aside, it replaced my previous HW entry into DemonOfTomorrow/Doot's current contest!

Next up is Tantrusk...it's based on an elephant! I really liked the idea I had for Cobra and wanted to incorporate it into another animal themed robot...an elephant's trunk was the first thing that came into my mind!

Lastly for today is my first attempt at an extenderbot, Carapace! I was inspired by TheRoboteer's extenderbot and wanted to make my own! I consulted him for advice and I'm quite happy with how it turned out!

As always, any advice/thoughts/etc are appreciated! Thank you! :D
GTM 2017 Awards - Most Unique Bots (shared with DSC) and Most Enthusiastic Member!
GTM 2018 Awards - Friendliest and Kindest/Most Unique Bots/Best Tournament 2018/Best Tournament by Editing/Best Tournament by Matches!
GTM 2019 Awards - Friendliest and Kindest(how)/Favourite Staff Member/Hall of Fame Inductee

Offline TheRoboteer

• Mr Big Blue Flipper
  • Rep: 9
  • "I HATE SEBASTIAN COE!"
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2021
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: TheRoboteer#8784
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2017, 07:06:32 PM »
Not much I can say that I haven't already said. You're getting really good at creating these super aesthetically pleasing bots. Your animal ones are particularly good. Really like Crocognaws and Tantrusk. Carapace kinda reminds me of if Sunshine Lollibot was actually effective looking. Only change I'd suggest is swapping out the wheels on Carapace and maybe dropping the chassis armour to try and get it within the heavyweight limit as it might be slightly lacking in weaponry for a superheavyweight
Notable Tournament Performances:
The Beginner's Guide to IRL:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/tutorials-and-tips/irl-a-beginner's-guide

Offline kix

• RR2 dev
  • Rep: -3
  • H
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2017, 01:37:35 AM »
Scrolin back...
It's Snek! I luv it!
Add the tounge tho!

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
  • Rep: 3
    • Badnik96GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • BattleBots Wiki
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2017, 01:41:06 AM »
Tantrusk is fantastic. The angle connectors look really out of place though, how come you can't swap them with the IRL extender angles?

Offline kix

• RR2 dev
  • Rep: -3
  • H
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2017, 01:58:16 AM »
Tantrusk is fantastic. The angle connectors look really out of place though, how come you can't swap them with the IRL extender angles?
Maybe aestethics?

Offline TheOrcCorp

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2017, 04:47:21 AM »
Not much I can say that I haven't already said. You're getting really good at creating these super aesthetically pleasing bots. Your animal ones are particularly good. Really like Crocognaws and Tantrusk. Carapace kinda reminds me of if Sunshine Lollibot was actually effective looking. Only change I'd suggest is swapping out the wheels on Carapace and maybe dropping the chassis armour to try and get it within the heavyweight limit as it might be slightly lacking in weaponry for a superheavyweight

Thank you, I'll try and make those changes to Carapace!

Scrolin back...
It's Snek! I luv it!
Add the tounge tho!

Never thought of a tongue, I'll see what I can do! :D

Thanks a lot! I started using IRL extenders after I made Tantrusk, I'll see what I can do with those now!
GTM 2017 Awards - Most Unique Bots (shared with DSC) and Most Enthusiastic Member!
GTM 2018 Awards - Friendliest and Kindest/Most Unique Bots/Best Tournament 2018/Best Tournament by Editing/Best Tournament by Matches!
GTM 2019 Awards - Friendliest and Kindest(how)/Favourite Staff Member/Hall of Fame Inductee

Offline Merrick

• Half-decent IRL designs and terrible antweights.
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2017, 04:49:34 AM »
Maybe aestethics?

In that case, the steel extenders and angles would be fine to match the iron spikes.

Those three bots look pretty great. The themes you come up with are awesome.

One slight gripe is that some of the extender work on Carapace is a little messy (looking at the orange extenders just sort of balanced on the front), but that can be cleaned up pretty easily with angle extenders to connect to the blue ones.

Offline TheOrcCorp

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2017, 07:55:34 AM »
Maybe aestethics?

In that case, the steel extenders and angles would be fine to match the iron spikes.

Those three bots look pretty great. The themes you come up with are awesome.

One slight gripe is that some of the extender work on Carapace is a little messy (looking at the orange extenders just sort of balanced on the front), but that can be cleaned up pretty easily with angle extenders to connect to the blue ones.

Thank you very much, that means a lot! I've changed that part of Carapace a bit, I do believe it looks better now (as seen below!) I also looked at Tantrusk but I do prefer the extenders that it was already: think they stand out a bit more. :)

So, some updates and some robots I forgot to add last time! I added a tongue to Cobra as TGM suggested (it moves too!) which also makes it a Heavyweight now.

I changed parts of Carapace, including the teeth, the orange parts at the front and the back panel! It is now a Heavyweight too!

Now for the two robots I forgot to add last time: first up is Monstargh, my new Super Heavyweight entry for DemonOfTomorrow/Doot's latest tourney!

Lastly comes a robot some of you may be familiar with if you've seen my Stock showcase/know me from Banter Wars: this is a DSL version of my robot Bot Lesnar! It is very different but I wanted to give it the trademark "uppercut fist" thing the Stock version has. It is a weird design!

Thank you for reading/giving feedback! :D

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
    • Badnik96GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • BattleBots Wiki
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2017, 03:50:26 PM »
i really like monstargh! you could definitely do those right angles on the wheelguards using the square extenders though, which would make them look a lot better

bot lesnar needs its disc lower to the ground and also some support for the mag motor

Offline Scrap Daddy

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2017, 07:16:54 PM »
A lot of creativity in here.

Offline TheOrcCorp

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2017, 07:16:37 PM »
i really like monstargh! you could definitely do those right angles on the wheelguards using the square extenders though, which would make them look a lot better

bot lesnar needs its disc lower to the ground and also some support for the mag motor

Thanks bud, I'll get to work on those changes!
A lot of creativity in here.

Thank you very much!

Here's something else I've put together: Chariot!

There are a few issues with this robot (can't drive too well, chassis mistakes and ideas I had while making it that would be too problematic to incorporate into this version) I plan to make a second version that incorporates these changes in the next few days. I just figured I'd show you all this version so you could compare when the other is done.  :mrgreen:

Offline Pwnator

• Rep: 15
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • http://pwnator.tumblr.com
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2017, 07:25:00 PM »
aww was expecting a boar chariot but i guess a tiny lizard thingy works too, just wish that thing was larger

some top quality stuff here though
Clash Cubes 1 - Grey Matter (Runner-Up)
King of Karnage - Sideshow Freak (Runner-Up, Best Engineered)
Rust In Pieces - Paper Cut 3 (Grand Champion, Most Dangerous Bot)
Wheely Tag Tournament - Ion Thruster (Grand Champion, along with Ounces' DiSemboweLment)
UK vs USA - Dark Striker (Grand Champion)
Rust In Pieces 2 - Claymore (Runner-Up, Favourite Bot)
BBEANS 6 - Infection 4 (Runner-Up)
RA2 Team Championships - Serious Business, Skeksis (Runner-Up, along with Scrappy, S_M, and Badnik)
RA2 Team Championships 2 - The Other Stig (Runner-Up, along with Scrappy, S_M, Badnik, 090901, and R1885)
Replica Wars 3 - Abaddon (Runner-Up, Luckiest Bot)
BroBots - wheebot & yaybot (Runner-Up)
Robo Zone 2 - Dipper (4th place, Survival Champion, & Best Axle Bot)
ARBBC - The Covenant (3rd place, BW Rumble Winner, Most Feared BW)

Offline TheOrcCorp

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2017, 07:36:33 PM »
aww was expecting a boar chariot but i guess a tiny lizard thingy works too, just wish that thing was larger

some top quality stuff here though

Thank you very much! The animal pulling the chariot will be the main chassis in the new version and it could very well be a boar  ;) I'm just seeing what people suggest so I'll take that idea on board!

Offline Enigm@

• convicted sex offender
  • Rep: 5
  • :really_makes_you_think:
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2017, 07:49:43 PM »
yo your sh**s mad dope
(◕‿◕✿) discord: uncle_slamm steam: bigmommaprodz #unbanlra2

Offline kill343gs

« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2017, 07:50:35 PM »
That is so whacky but i love it

For once the mods did something right
#MakeGTMGreatAgain

Offline Thrackerzod

• Sparkle up your day!
  • Rep: 10
  • The distant future... the year 2000...
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2017, 08:46:37 PM »
dude all your stuff is so unique and interesting keep it up man

Offline NeonCalypso

• PMD Comics are my fetish
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 6
  • Objective: Survive
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2017, 09:08:08 PM »
Its so unique :heart_smiley:
>not letting me ai my own robot

unironically kill yourself
Stuff I won at

Offline jdg37

• Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
  • I got kids
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2017, 09:29:02 PM »
Loving all the character that each of your bots show

Offline Avalanche

• Retired.
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: -34
  • Yeah, I don't know why I'm still here either.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: ThePootisPower#8377
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2017, 06:20:56 AM »
this is what happens when you take banter wars creativity and add GTM and DSL 2.2

good sh**
Former DSL HW champion.
Runner-Up in The Cybernetic Colosseum HW division.
Semi-finalist in RNP: Sword of Glory.
Robogames 1 BW Runner-up.
Professional cunt.
Man of a thousand alt accounts.

Offline TheOrcCorp

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2017, 10:53:27 AM »
yo your sh**s mad dope
That is so whacky but i love it
dude all your stuff is so unique and interesting keep it up man
Its so unique :heart_smiley:
Loving all the character that each of your bots show
this is what happens when you take banter wars creativity and add GTM and DSL 2.2

good sh**

Wow, thank you everyone! All your comments made my day/night and I'm still buzzing to the point that I got to work on the 2nd version of Chariot right away to show you all!

So it is a brand new bot, the dinosaur thing is the main chassis pulling the chariot itself.  :mrgreen: I'm probably gonna make some tweaks to it, including changing the armour as well as possibly changing the drive motors.