Author Topic: Naryar's DSL showcase - Oldschool DSL-S with 2.2  (Read 374692 times)

Offline Flying_Chao

• Rep: 4
  • Unified Utopian State Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Naryar's DSL freaks
« Reply #200 on: January 28, 2009, 02:27:26 PM »
Asmodeus is also the name of a giant snake in the Redwall series. It could parylyze prey with its eyes so it could kill them.

Offline Reier

• Rieir
  • Rep: 8
  • I GOT 3RD IN RAW1
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
  • Awards old BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Naryar's DSL freaks
« Reply #201 on: January 28, 2009, 04:18:48 PM »
^^ Yeah, I saw that once.
ALERT- Another WS coming up...
voted best bot builder two times and counting babayy. the best ra2 builder who has never won an actual tournament match
ReiAI pack for Ironforge
My drawings, and my webcomics
Why online PVP will save RA2
The problem with competitive IRL in RA2
I'm fine with hugging reier

Offline Condor33

• Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
  • Alpha One
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Naryar's DSL freaks
« Reply #202 on: January 28, 2009, 06:46:44 PM »
Pardon me for being blunt, but Stormgrip is so full of fail you might as well just restart. The chassis should be flatter and wider, your plows need to be not quite as close to the front, get rid of those meat tenderizers and just use the hammers, put small DS teeth on the main hammers so you can fit more weapons on, and also, beef up the drive. That could probably make it a good bot.
Avoid the beam and you won't get hit!

Clash Cubes 2 Grand Champion--Xenophobik Resurrektion
Winner of the RAW favorite bot award--Humdrums

Offline Naryar

• Rep: 21
  • hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Naryar's DSL freaks
« Reply #203 on: February 01, 2009, 04:19:56 AM »
Stormgrip's chassis is fine.

I don't remember if i already posted a previous version of that bot.

Demon Spawn 2 - 3mm plastic, 2 ant batts.

It's unstable and pretty glitchy, but the twin chicken drills make a heck of a scary noise.

I'll post moar beetles soon.

Offline philetbabe

• Rep: 2
  • Drop D
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Naryar's DSL freaks
« Reply #204 on: February 01, 2009, 10:42:47 AM »
aren't these extenders a weakness for the bot ?

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Naryar's DSL freaks
« Reply #205 on: February 02, 2009, 01:37:47 AM »
I've not tested it a lot, but the previous version (with plastic extenders) had no problems like this.

Well, might as well post all my ELBITE bots.

I first started with the Slashback clone. The chassis was supposed to protect the wheels, because a tabletop would need some protection.

Well, it's decent, and pretty much durable with 3mm titanium, but the aluminium sheets go off pretty much easily. Self-rights like a charm. Also has a nasty surprise in it's AIing...

The deathmatch one is Battle Scar with somewhat side protection. Well, the half sheets are REALLY weak (couldn't use a full Ti sheet on this design), and the bot in itself is kinda frail (especially with 3mm plastic), but it is fast and has the best DPS of all my middleweights, surpassing several of my heavies. You don't want this to go under your bot. Self righting is difficult, though easier with Click's VertSpinner.py.

Tabletop one is a Firestorm-like bot. It's underweight and has low armor (who cares about armor). I was 5kg close to put Mag Snapper wedges on that one. I technically could have done it with BSG's but it would be ugly and difficult to do.

Sure, this isn't as original as, say... what Click can bring out of his sleeve, but well, all are designed not to be generic.

All of them have 2 battlepacks, 4 ant batts (yeah. i don't like my bots to end up like Smoker), NPC fast drive with Hypno wheels - i just love this drive.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 07:06:43 AM by Naryar »

Offline philetbabe

• Rep: 2
  • Drop D
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Naryar's DSL freaks
« Reply #206 on: February 02, 2009, 06:01:19 AM »
Skirmish KOTH
The piston that allow to 'self right like a charm' is not visible, it may be so inside the chassis
and it also may be  the AIed surprise, but which weapon is attached and which direction does it flip (back to top or front to top) ?

Skirmish DM : saw blade are not common weapons, deadly, they are very vulnerable to hammer. The choice of this atypical weapon is courageous. I trust you when you say 'You don't want this to go under your bot.' Speed will help your bot to achieve this goal, but, if fixed in a corner, Skirmish DM may suffer....

skirmish 3TT : you've demonstrate many time your ability to slip under other bot's chassis. With a little luck, because it's a need on TableTop, this bot should go far. Moreover, the fact that you use 2 pistons is a good thing ; You may rock  other bots on their side which is always a difficult position.

Good job, good luck.

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Naryar's DSL freaks
« Reply #207 on: February 02, 2009, 12:24:35 PM »
Quote from: philetbabe;27985
Skirmish KOTH
The piston that allow to 'self right like a charm' is not visible, it may be so inside the chassis
and it also may be  the AIed surprise, but which weapon is attached and which direction does it flip (back to top or front to top) ?

(It's a SlashBack clone, same drive, same armor, nearly same weaponry. Weapon is two Mag Snappers. Not terribly powerful, but more durable than the DM one, being a KotH bot)

Skirmish DM : saw blade are not common weapons, deadly, they are very vulnerable to hammer. The choice of this atypical weapon is courageous. I trust you when you say 'You don't want this to go under your bot.' Speed will help your bot to achieve this goal, but, if fixed in a corner, Skirmish DM may suffer....

(Yes, I know. That bot sacrifices defense for offense and mobility. The saws go off pretty easily if i can't get under the opponent quickly. Wedge is pretty decent, it stands equal to Enfilad3)

skirmish 3TT : you've demonstrate many time your ability to slip under other bot's chassis. With a little luck, because it's a need on TableTop, this bot should go far. Moreover, the fact that you use 2 pistons is a good thing ; You may rock  other bots on their side which is always a difficult position.

(Mag Snappers, not pistons. Also, i wish i could fix that wedge because it looks it's not even under the bot, still i can get under Insanity. But it has nothing exceptional. The self-righting, while pretty much unefficient, is VERY cool-looking)

Good job, good luck.

Offline Somebody

• Rep: 13
  • CP: +2
    • SomebodyofGTM
    • View Profile
    • My site
    • Awards
Naryar's DSL freaks
« Reply #208 on: February 02, 2009, 03:58:10 PM »
If it can't get under iNsAnItY then those are some pretty bad wedges.
I built that big robot on that TV show that time

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Naryar's DSL freaks
« Reply #209 on: February 03, 2009, 12:53:43 AM »
I would never enter a bot that can't get under all the stock DSL MWs (excepted maybe SlashBack). It CAN get under Insanity.

Offline Somebody

• SomebodyofGTM
    • View Profile
    • My site
    • Awards
Naryar's DSL freaks
« Reply #210 on: February 03, 2009, 02:54:07 PM »
Sorry, misread it.

Offline NIcLOOX

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Naryar's DSL freaks
« Reply #211 on: February 15, 2009, 02:05:43 AM »
lol omfg the second pic of 70 CUDA looks untouchable

Offline Somebody

• SomebodyofGTM
    • View Profile
    • My site
    • Awards
Naryar's DSL freaks
« Reply #212 on: February 15, 2009, 08:43:25 AM »
Wow, please post on topic next time.

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Naryar's DSL freaks
« Reply #213 on: March 02, 2009, 05:59:50 AM »
Well, i'm going to update/rebuild several DSL AI bots and submit them to Click for DSL 3.

(Battery updates could be changed considering the battery modification in DSL 3)

Updated :

-Insane Berserker's armor went from 1mm Al to 1mm Ti (it had weight left).
-Roly Poly is rebuilt: now invertible, went from 3mm Al to 3mm Ti, and doubled battery power. Probably going to update it more though.
-Mangy Mutt has a double metal hinge wedge (MUCH better) and doubled battery power. Probably going to rebuild it for less chassis space.
-Shogun has also a double metal hinge wedge, titanium skirts and 2 more ant batts
-360 Arc Pounder has now 3 ant batts rather than 1 battlepack

To Do :
-Raving MAD could be rebuilt to be invertible.
-iNsAnItY could have one more ant battery
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 05:43:09 AM by Naryar »

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Naryar's DSL freaks
« Reply #214 on: March 02, 2009, 12:49:09 PM »
Just built my best lightweight.

Wammer with 6 razors, 4 ants, Magmotor drive, 5mm plastic armor and a double skirt hinge/metal hinge titanium wedge. Fully invertible.

Main problem is that the lower metal hinge wedge havoks easily, and the bot flies more often that he should - but it makes for entertaining fights...

Offline Condor33

• Super Heavyweight
  • Alpha One
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Naryar's DSL freaks
« Reply #215 on: March 02, 2009, 07:34:47 PM »
WINDOWS 98???

Anyway, to solve that wedge-havok problem you just need to take some of the weight off it.
Avoid the beam and you won't get hit!

Clash Cubes 2 Grand Champion--Xenophobik Resurrektion
Winner of the RAW favorite bot award--Humdrums

Offline Sage

• Rep: 11
  • RA2 Wizard & GTM's Favorite Stock Builder 2015
  • Awards Sage's Favorite BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Naryar's DSL freaks
« Reply #216 on: March 02, 2009, 07:37:15 PM »
could be vista or xp with classic look setting on.
You got my vote for RA2 Wizard. Always and forever.

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Naryar's DSL freaks
« Reply #217 on: March 03, 2009, 12:45:14 AM »
XP with classic setup... but terribly off topic.

I'll try less weight on the wedge.

Offline Clickbeetle

• In Soviet Russia, bugs stomp YOU!
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Beetle Bros site
    • Awards
Naryar's DSL freaks
« Reply #218 on: March 04, 2009, 10:24:39 PM »
Quote from: Naryar;30044
Well, i'm going to update/rebuild several DSL AI bots and submit them to Click for DSL 3.

(Battery updates could be changed considering the battery modification in DSL 3)

Updated :

-Insane Berserker's armor went from 1mm Al to 1mm Ti (it had weight left).
-Roly Poly is rebuilt: now invertible, went from 3mm Al to 3mm Ti, and doubled battery power. Probably going to update it more though.
-Mangy Mutt has a double metal hinge wedge (MUCH better) and doubled battery power. Probably going to rebuild it for less chassis space.

To Do :

-Shogun would need better wedges and perhaps more batteries.
-360 Arc Pounder's battery power is horrible.
-The Stuff of Champions sucks. Hard.
-Raving MAD could be rebuilt to be invertible.
-iNsAnItY could have one more ant battery

Keep in mind that the DSL rebuilds are also supposed to resemble their stock counterparts (with the exception of bots like Grog and Blood Runner that have totally different designs).  That's why Roly Poly has 4WD and the weird chassis.  It could be done better, I'll admit, but I don't want Roly Poly to be just some generic rammer.  A srimech would be preferable to invertibility, I think, in sticking with the original design.  Raving MAD could be invertible.

Also, the extra 3 bots in the Scrappers team aren't supposed to be good.  I made them just so players would have some weak opponents for testing out bots.  Flip Test Dummy to see how high your flipper can throw it, and WreckTangle to see how badly your spinner can beat it up.

I'm not totally sure what The Stuff of Champions' role is, though.  It's not very hard to tear apart and it's a little bit too powerful for my liking.  If you think of a good 'test bot' concept that isn't good in a fight, feel free to take a shot at it... just don't try to make it good.

And also, I'll be working on the replicas for a while yet, so there's no rush to get anything done.

To lack feeling is to be dead, but to act on every feeling is to be a child.
-Brandon Sanderson, The Way of Kings

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Naryar's DSL freaks
« Reply #219 on: March 08, 2009, 05:45:09 AM »
Well Click I could fit a BSG on Roly Poly, but then i would be forced to remove axes or cut down drastically on armor.

(Edited last post because of new updates)

I might also make Cranky Spanky more combat-efficient.

Anything else to be updated in your opinion?