Author Topic: Mr. Weedy's Robots  (Read 24049 times)

Offline Mr. Weedy

• Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?songs=546612&T=8556
    • Awards
Mr. Weedy's Robots
« on: September 04, 2005, 09:51:32 AM »
Because here are some topics of own robots I wanted to add mine too.

Boulder Crusher III[/u]

Strengths:
-When it is upside down it can move on the arena's floor by its "grabbing arms" though it more like hovers forward than moves.
-The "grabbing arms" suck opposing robots in very well though it won't do then any damages to them because discs aren't shacking or so.
-Looks very mean.  :lol:

Weaknesses:
-It doesn't like at flippers.
-It is bit fat but who wouldn't?  :lol:
-Its powers are used up quite well when the 3 minutes long match is on the last minute.

Boulder Crusher II[/u]

Strengths:
-If opposing robot drives to ramp it will quite certainly sucked under the drum and smashed. (If it is very very small robot and that kind of robots aren't in the game.)
-Can turn on its side side and do good damages even it is on its side.
-Can fully function upside down and do damages at the same time.

Weaknesses:
-When drum is spinning the robot flips quite easily when it is driving and turning at the same time.
-The chassis is too high but I didn't know it before it was too late and I didn't want to start all over again.

Mine-Sweeper[/u]

When I were against behemoth this thing hitted it every single time over 1000 points. And quite often it hitted over 2000 points. I would have used axel mounts between the disc and clubs but the game messed up them so I did use them even they would have kept the disc on much greater speed all the time.

Strengths:
-Hits hard.
-Has spiked front.
-Can function also upside down and do damages at the same time.

Weaknesses:
-Turns slowly because there are only 2 pulling wheels.

Ass Kicker[/u]

There you go and take a look at Panicattack.  :lol:  

Strengths:
-Moves fast.
-Ramp makes it very hard to get under if robots are face to face.
-Maces do ugly damages on every robot's chassis because they mace robots under.
-Can easily drive under robot what doesn't have very good skirts.
-And also it can easily just drive on full speed towards that robot and fly it in the air and just continue driving if maces are spinning correctly.
-Can easily selfright. That isn't a challenge or anything.
-Can also run away by maces if the situation is too hot and the robot is upside down.  :lol:

Weaknesses:
-It's sides doesn't like at spinners.
-And spinners also make it spin around and because it's chassis isn't covered it will gain easily damages.
-Ramp must be aimed right if you want to get some robots on it.

Spike Beetle II[/u]

Should I now say that I have now Beetle Bros.  :lol:  Even this looks quite much same as the original Spike "THE LEGEND" Beetle still this isn't much close to it. First of all when I were testing this against El Diablo, the whole match ended to 2:48 and that 11 seconds went to that El Diablo got to me and that 1 second to that when I destroyed the El Diablo. It scores so fast that the GAME LAGS! For real. It shoots points so fast. So this is little bit improved version of the original Spike Beetle. And as you can see the blade can take little more banging up than on the original Spike Beetle.

Strengths:
-Shoots scores at the same speed as minigun.  :twisted:  :lol:  :twisted:
-Turns fast and moves fast.
-Blade picks little bit more speed than on the original Spike Beetle. I think.
-Well does it need any other strenghts?

Weaknesses:
-Axel mounts are too weak. Otherwise it would be a melee minigun what you can't beat.  :twisted:  :lol:  :twisted:

Dead Bull[/u]

Ramming a robot, ramming a robot, ramming a robot around the arenas floor. It is like Killdozer in middle weight class. This robot rams and pushes others like Killdozer does.

Strengths:
-Has much punch in its motors.
-Can drive both ways up.
-Is hard to damage either motors or chassis.
-Has good grip on the wheels.

Weaknesses:
-It isn't very good against some of the flippers.

Walk Smash Walk II[/u]

"When I saw that robot on arena's floor I started to play Motörhead's Burner song. After the fight I started to play Motörhead's Mean Machine song. I lost so clearly. And I thought it would be easy to win."

If you think this mark II is also as bad as mark I you are wrong. Soo wrong.  :twisted:  :lol:  :twisted:  ...wrooonnggg...  :twisted:  :lol:  :twisted:  If you think you can beat it easily when you rush it to a corner, you are WRONG. If you bang it to a corner you are destroyed in no time. If you think you can beat it easily in the middle of an arena's floor, you are WRONG again. If you start fighting against it there, you will soon notice that your outer extra armors are gone and it just keeps drifting on you and finally when it stops and starts to pull back, next thing you will see is a big bloody axe swinging into your chassis and cutting your robot to half. If you think you can beat it by ripping of its blades what are attached to motors... you are RIGHT. But how the heck think you to do that.  :lol:  The robot is so slipery that you won't have any chances to get your own robot to its sides and rip any blades of at all.  :twisted:  :lol:  :twisted:  

And take a look to Sir Killalot again. He rushed this robot to a corner and look what he got.

And in the first picture you can see another destructive movement of the Walk Smash Walk II. When you aren't enough carefull it might drift on your side and so start to roll its both "wheels" and at the same time it starts to lean to side stick so now it is semi vertical full body drum what can roll across the arena's floor doing enormous damages to your whole body. You don't want to be one of those witnesses on who Walk Smash Walk II used its 45 angle attack.

Strengths:
-Body is armored many times and spinning armors make it even harder to destroy.
-Its wheels are weapons and it has very powerful axe attack. It hits worth around 300-500 points.
-Pickaxe is for those robots what come too close to its center area.
-Can drive on what side it ever wants to. Once I made it to go totally vertical and it swinged its axe like mad. It was total destruction gyroscope.
-This mark for real walks over smaller and even little bigger robots.
-It is the robot what you have always scared of.  :twisted:  :lol:  :twisted:

Weaknesses:
-It is worst bot again in king of the hill.
-You can't use orbit camera on this robot very well.
-It can't move very well straight but who should when you are smashing others?
-Does it have any other weaknesses? I don't think so. Well maybe bad grip but that doesn't bother any more. Because that just helps it but of course not in king of the hill fights.

Big Deal[/u]

Strengths:
-Is very fast.
-May create up to 1200 points of damage at one hit.
-Goes both ways up.

Weaknesses:
-Is hard to drive where it should if other motor is damaged.
-It will easily turn wrong side up and then controlling of it is hard.
-In situations where you need accurate this isn't the best robot.

Boulder Crusher[/u]

Even it looks huge and dangerous it isn't that dangerous at all. And it isn't cheat bot though it may look like one.

Strengths:
-Weapons crush their enemys if they are enough small.
-Even the ramps drop off that doesn't bother much.

Weaknesses:
-There isn't any kind of self rightning but even it is upside down it can slowly crawl by its upper weapon on an arena's floor.

V Syncer[/u]

It is quite tough middle weight robot because it can smash even the Sir Killalot in no time if start is good.

Strengths:
-Has good weapon what can take much hits.
-Is quite destructive in middle weight.
-Weapon turns the robot back on its wheels when it is upside down.
-Base armoring is titanium.

Weaknesses:
-It may flip its front too high if the weapon spins to wrong direction and then its opponent's is easy to destroy it.

Lol Ball[/u]

I made this up because I wanted to make my own "Clickbeetles weird ball robot" because the original file is corrupted and I want to have it and first it got eccentric cam motor in it so it would move but it didn't so I removed it and there it is now. It is just empty chassis with nothing in it.

Slapper[/u]

This robot flashed in my mind when I week or two woke up and closed my eyes for a while. Then this flased in my mind for 2-3 seconds and the first picture is very very close to it what I saw. Only big difference is that this doesn't have slaphappy's wheels on it.

And this is to what I built it.

As you can see I used stacked motors on this robot too and if I remember right it hits something around 2000 points as long as spiked clubs stay on it. After that wedges doesn't do much damage and they drop off quite fast.

Strengths:
-It is good robot as long as the clubs stay on it.
-Has spinning wedge wall protecting it.

Weaknesses:
-When spiked clubs are gone it doesn't do much damages.
-It's top front isn't armored and that's why it is piece of cake to Sir Killalot.

Tornado of Destruction[/u]

It uses stacked motors to spin its fullbody weapondrum. And as you can see it makes enormous damages if the drum gains its full speed. And once I made it to hit worth 7460 points but I didn't get any pictures out of that hit. It was so quick and when my robot did do those damages to Sir Killalot next thing what I saw was points were disappearing and my robot was flown to other end of the arena and rammed arenas wall.

Four and five pictures are at same hit but from different angle. And sixth is from totally different fight as you can see by arena. And last picture is just taken because it looked so nice when Sir Killalot rushed in full speed to its destruction.

Strengths:
-Full body armored and base armoring is also steel.
-Weapons stand a change very well and won't drop off as fast as other 10Kg weighted weapons.
-Is quite fast.
-Fullbodydrum gains enormous speed and makes enormous damages.
-It can selfright when it is on its side.

Weaknesses:
-It takes time to accelerate drum to its full speed.
-Two motors work as a loose clutch when robot is rammed much; the drum stops even motors spin.
-If too much weapons drop off at the same side it looses very much its destructive force.

These two robots are more try-outs than really-meant-to-be-destroyers.

DOOM's Eater[/u]

This is that first try-out robot. I have just few words about this robot. It isn't good. Even it teeth look dangerous it doesn't do much damage and ramps are easily turned wrong side towards front.

Mad Mutant Corp[/u]

This is that second try-out robot. This robot can be very superior if you get too close to it. It loves flippers and rammers because they come too close to it and it arms swing totally like mad and because they are fast versions it is very hard to crawl or roll or what every, to move that robot from point A to point B. It is possible but it takes loads of time. It is best in 4 vs. all but it is worst robot ever in king of the hill fights. It really scores almost all the time if the opponent is near it. It hits all the time like 400 points and multiple times in very short time.

Mad Coal Miner[/u]

This is only a concept robot so I didn't finish it or anything I just wanted to test my idea. And looks like it worked well. Above are 6 most made damage picture. And as you can see it creates massive damages if you hit correctly and I haven't yet seen any other dsl robot to hit 2001 points by spinning vertically. And by the way it hitted twice around 1825 points but I didn't manage to get any pictures of those hits.

So it is very mean concept for a spinning and vertically hitting weapon.  :twisted:

Flatout Turtle[/u]

Strengths:
-Is well covered from everywhere.
-Has multiple weapons against different enemys.

Weaknesses:
-It is invertible as long as it has bars connected to it.
-Weapons aren't good against everybody for example Sir Killalot.

But... Take a look at Matilda.

Hypnotist[/u]

It's all about spinning direction.

Indeed it is. It is most destructive against almost everybody when the hammers are spinning so that they "hit" to each other on top of the robot but sometimes it is good to spin them so that hammers "hit" to each other at the bottom. For example Sir Killalot is quite easy target when hammers are spinning so that they "hit" to each other on top of the robot but Overkill is then piece of cake when Hypnotist spins its weapons so that they "hit" to each other at the bottom.

Strengths:
-Hammers spin fast and they hit worth over 1000 or even over 2000 points when they are aimed right.
-Has very powerful "jump motors" what can turn robot's hammers to hit the ground or... other robot's top of the chassis and so do multiple times bad hits to for example El Diablo or to MOE.
-"Jump motors" work also as self rightning mechanis with weapons.
-If rear wheels drop of with motors it doesn't bother at all.
-Can quickly run away to safe when it is upside down because of very powerful "jump motors."

Weaknesses:
-Chassis isn't covered at all.
-It is cheat bot, although when some of the robots turn to be cheat bot I try to make it as less as possible to be a cheat bot.

Knock Out[/u]

First Knock Out was much powerfuller than this one but because of lack of connecting 2 storm pistons to each other I couldn't play at it more than few times and after that the other front burst piston flew away and I had to rebuild it again.

Strengths:
-Well this isn't strenght or neither weakness but... It doesn't use any electricity at all.
-It doesn't need any dropping off wheels. It slides through the arena's floor.
-Has good armoring and could have even better.

Weaknesses:
-It is hard to handle and especially turn when it is sliding or its front is towards arena's wall.
-This mark isn't as powerful as the first one. And so this isn't neither as fast as first one.
-When gas is going somewhere at the half way it starts to slow down. And especially turning suffers.

Walk Smash Walk[/u]

It is same sort of robot like Powerpack, it gets over its opponents especially when they are low like M.O.E. or El Diablo, though it takes little more skill to drive on El Diablo than on M.O.E., and then it kills them above.

Oh yeah and it is totally cheatbot because it weights 1002.3 Kgs.

And it is only one who has ripped off Dreadnought's weapon.

Strengths:
-It literally drives over lower robots. :twisted:  :lol:  :twisted:
-Others have hard time to reach it execpt Sir Killalot, Matilda, Dreadnought and everybody else who have vertical spinner or some sort of high weapons.
-Even the spinner's weapons are gone axes will still do some damages to opponent.
-Even it is jammed to somewhere wheels will do bad damages to its attacker.
-When opponent hits to hammers and it flies up and backwards it hits to axe too so it makes triangle movement and so gains damage to its top too.  :twisted:  :lol:  :twisted:

Weaknesses:
-Axes may jam to somewhere and it is quite hopeless then unless someone doesn't ram to it.
-Wheels have somewhat bad grip but it is enough good.
-It moves little bit slowly but it has enough torque to burn some rubber and so it can rip off its opponent's sides too if it drives towards it.

Doom's  Tornado[/u]

If I remember right it is my second light weight robot and it's really deadly. When it spins it hits worth something like 500 points so you should avoid it.

Strengths:
-It moves and turns very fast. Little too fast because it is hard to make small sharp turns on it.
-It can damage its opponent even it has only 1 wheel left.
-Very good armoring compered to its weight class.

Weaknesses:
-Exposed wheels.
-Is very hard to drive on steep terrain because it stucks easily.
-Blades drop off somewhat fast.

Chain Macer[/u]

Strengths:
-It has much armoring and it is really tough.
-Self rightning works for 100% but of course not then when arms are dropped off. :roll:
-Weapons are fully aimamble. And so you can drive away and still make damage to your chaser.

Weaknesses:
-Axel mounts still crash my event schedule when the event is over and 1 of the axel mounts is dropped off.
-It doesn't like at flippers because it can't make so much damage at once and so it must almost all the time rotate its weapons to self right.

Odd Racer[/u]

As you can see it looks little odd because of its wheel placing. I noticed one thing when I were against M.O.E. When 1 front wheel dropped of the robot moved faster forward and backward and it turned better when it was moving. But it would be little stupid looking when it would have only 3 wheels on dissymmetric form.

Strengths:
-Has a lot of different damaging pushing things on its front.
-It has 2 arms what work also as self rightning mechanism but only when they are in best shape.
-Wheels won't drop off easily because they are crooked towards inside.

Weaknesses:
-Is very hopeless upside down when the arms doesn't have any power.
-Top isn't covered but so far it hasn't needed any cover on there.
-Turns slowly when it is moving but on its place it turns fast.

Spike Beetle[/u]

Spike Beetle is very powerful robot against almost everybody and its spikes do damage as fast as machine gun shoots because of its axel mounted spike clubs. Its only weakness is flippers because when the disc hits the ground the robot needs time to accelerate it back on its best destructive speed. And I noticed one thing on it. When the disc is spinning on the top speed and when the robot goes little out of balance so that robot's wheels doesn't touch the ground the robot hovers very slowly back on the ground if the disc is spinning all the time on its full speed.

And so far this robot is only one who has ripped off the M.O.E.'s weapon with its bracket. And little update. So far this robot is only one who has ripped of Minion's weapon with its bracket.

Strengths:
-Is as low as possible.
-Spinning disc spins on good speed.
-It has many spike clubs.
-Has enough batteries to spin the weapon on good speed even when batteries power level is 2/5.
-Scores as fast as machine gun shoots. :twisted:  For example Razer's side panel is ripped off in 5-10 seconds and whole robot is destroyed in 12-15 seconds.

Weaknesses:
-When 2 near to each other axel mounted spike clubs drop off the disc can be spinned only on low rpm. Otherwise the robot will be very unbalanced.
-Doesn't have self rightning but it can self right on its disc but it is somewhat hard because the robot's body will spin instead of the robot's disc.
-Needs little time to accelerate disc to its full spinning speed.

Bulldozer Train[/u]

This is my first purely meant to be a rammer robot. It didn't make almost any damages at all so that's why I added a mace there. It looks like a tank or something like that but because it is meant to be a rammer that's why its name is Bulldozer and train word came at its front.

Strengths:
-Very good armoring.
-Moves and turns fast.
-Can push 2 robots at the same time.

Weaknesses:
-It doesn't self right even it has an arm on top of it.
-Doesn't do much damage when the mace is gone.

Shark[/u]

It is my first purely meant to be flipper robot. It flips like mad when the opponent is at the right places. For example I banged the lifter's bar to the roof and it smashed back on my robot when it came down. I wasn't enough fast to take a picture at that but I have taken some other pictures at very fight flips.

But it was so awesome to see how damn powerful it is when it flips correctly. Also back weapons are very powerful. Few times I have destroyed SirKillALot at one hit. And SirKillALot got full health. I just flipped him on his arse and then turned around and fired the burst motors and BOOM HEADSHOT! I mean one hit kill.

Here are those high flips. I'm not sure are those 2 last pictures at that roof banging high flip but atleast those were taken at very high flip. They might be.

Oh yeah and here's fun situation when I were building the Shark. It got stucked under lifter's bar and I didn't get it out of that situation in any way.  :lol:

Strengths:
-Powerful flipper.
-Powerful back weapons.
-Well armored.
-Has some kind of self rightning.

Weaknesses:
-Has only 2 wheels and they are partly exposed.
-Self rightning needs little bit help when it is purely upside down. Normally it takes a lot of time to turn it back to on its wheels when it is flipped and it has full health. Otherwise it just hops around little bit.
-Moving is slow but turning is little faster, something like good.

Walker II[/u]

It would be quite good robot but bad grip drops it to average. Also it hoovers a lot of points because it can't destroy its enemys fast.  :lol:

Strengths:
-Its legs work also as weapons.
-Servo motors doesn't use any energy at all. :o
-Can go both ways up.

Weaknesses:
-Its grip is very bad.
-And because of its very bad grip it is most of the time wrong side towards opponent.
-When the spinning weapon hits to opponent the robot will turn.

Corner King[/u]

It has same sort of drive as Typhoon but Corner King goes corner first. Normally robot's weakest points are corners because everything gets easily stucked there. But Corner King's weakest points are sides but even those aren't very weak because spinning weapons are covering them all the time. And of course its corners are much stronger than normal robot's and thats why its name is Corner King.

Strengths:
-Has multiple weapons.
-Is carefully extra armored.
-Has four wheel drive. (If 2 wheels drop off that doesn't bother Corner King.)

Weaknesses:
-Doesn't have self rightning but actually it doesn't need it. Because when it is flipped in the air good control of weapons' spinning rotation turns it back to its wheels.
-Can't beat Sirkillalot. :lol:  But it can beat many many other opponents.

Mouth Full of DOOM[/u]

Movie: In this movie you'll see how you should fear the Mouth Full of DOOM robot. Mouth Full of DOOM is robot directly out of heck! Download it at here -> http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RGCVSM3L

My sternest fight ever.

Starting places by picture:

Techno, Me

Behemoth, Killdozer

Behemoth was flipped out of the arena at start of the fight because it was against Techno. Little later Killdozer did rip off my balancing wheels but that didn't harm me because I had ripped of its left side's pulling wheels so it did drove almost circle. After little while I managed to destroy Killdozer's control board little bit. Then came Techno among the mayhem and we rolled to left corner of the arena. (In the picture to right-hand corner.) Then techno flipped me into air and I rolled there and dropped directly my doom's mouth towards killdozer's top and it was only 1 hit away from it's doom.

Then we moved to the corner what is show in pictures. There i managed to first rip off Techno's flipper and after while its front covers and I destroyed it. It left between me, who was in the corner, and killdozer, who was behind techno and back was towards arena's center. Engines smoking we sloooowwlllyy started to smash up Techno between us because it would have taken too long for go around. Lol. :lol:  Finally Killdozer managed to drag and rotate its body around Techno. We were towards each other and I started to spin my doom's weapons and we mayhemed little while like tortoises XD then...

TIME'S UP!!!

Time ended up. Though I didn't destroy Killdozer I won like high and mighty warrior. :mrgreen:

Strengths:
-Mouth is full of doom. :D
-Kills very fast if opponent is right. (As you can see in the movie.)
-Weapons work as self rightning too.
-Fast turning speed.
-Strenghts win weaknesses.

Weaknesses:
-Back and top aren't armored.
-Poor self rightning. Means that when robot's weapons aren't hitting the ground it is upside down and you can't help it in any way.
-Moves forward and backward very slowly.
-When balancing front wheels are gone it doesn't move forward almost at all if the center weapon's spikes are gone. Because when you start spinning the spikes it rises the robot's front so much that its weapons doesn't hit to the ground any more and so its speed increases.
-Weapons may make it flip when spinning them if the balancing front wheels are gone.
-Oh yeah I almost forgot. Poor base armoring. It's aluminium.

Power Pack[/u]

Strengths:
-Superior movement. Means that in desperate situations it can start spinning its "arms" and it starts rolling above enemy robots so they can't hurt it more than 50 points at once.
-Self rightning is superior. Robot can be upside down or downside up that doesn't reduce its destructive power.
-Pokers are very powerful.
-"Arms" are also very powerful. (Below you'll see how powerful.)
-Aimable pokers. (Means that "arms" are so powerful that they can rise robot from the floor if I want. Normally the robot starts just spinning like mad and smashing everything whitin its reach.)
-Four wheel drive because it is hard to rip off front wheels because of the armoring.

Weaknesses:
-Back isn't armored.
-You need little practice before you can use "arms" optionally.

As you can see. When someone pisses Power Pack off he will definitely get some fists to his face. Notice 1899 points hit. If you schedule Power Pack's arms" correctly you'll get above 2200 points when you are driving towards someone and fire "arms" at the right moment.

In these pictures Power Pack is against 3 Sirkillalots and as you can see the result is crushing

And in this picture Power Pack was against my worst nightmares. I really hate Techno Destructo, M.O.E. and El Diablo. I hate Techno because it is so damn hard to destroy it or rip anything out of it. I hate M.O.E. because it has spinning weapon what always jams to one of my robot's corner and I hate El Diablo because it has spinning drum what always rises my robots and that way they will be destroyed fast. But now it was PAYBACK TIME! Notice what destruction Power Pack did to M.O.E. and to El Diablo. Most of the time I just rolled aggressively on the El Diablo smashing and banging it like raving mad bull when we were last fighters.

Killer[/u]

Strengths:
-Many weapons
-Is ramp based robot
-Maces do much small damage in very short time. Like 10x 100 points in 2 secs
-Self rightning works though it looks fun when robot is self rightning, it spins quite much.

Weaknesses
-Exposed wheels though no one hasn't yet ripped them off
-Maces' spinning motors could be little more powerfuller and faster though they spin maces well by now.
-Is vulnerable when El Diablo's weapon gets jammed between maces and spikes.

Predator II[/u]

Strengths:
-Many weapons and they are good
-Good Armoring
-Revolutionary spinning mace weapons

Weaknesses:
-Self rightning is just a little bit tricky

Are you ready to challenge Predator II? Sirkillalot was and now he is ready to dump pit.

King Puncher[/u]

Strengths:
-Hits hard.
-Has also a poker.
-Robot's front is well armored.

Weaknesses:
-If you want to get maximum turning speed you have to stop spinning the weapon because if you spin the weapon the robot's other side raises in the air.
-Top isn't armored.
-Self rightning is quite a trick. You need spinner's, wheels' and of course the self rightning mechanism's help to turn this robot back on it's wheels. First you have to start spinning the weapon, then start poking at self rightning piston and finally drive backwards so the robot will drop right way up. Little tricky.  :lol:

But it is good fighter.

These pictures were taken at team fight where 2 Sirkillalots were against my King Puncher. First everything went quite well but then I left between them and gained bad damages at the Sirkillalot what was behind me. Then I managed to start fighting back and I was punching their faces at the same time but finally I lost. But it was fun to punch both Sirkillalots at the same time.  :D

Predator

I cheated just a little bit on this robot. Those front panels are connected to that red sprited bars what are directly connected to robot's base. Because those spinner's motors didn't leave enough room for those base connectors in front so thats why I placed those red striped bars directly to the robot's base.

Strengths:
-Spinning weapon is better than El Diablo's
-And that means spinning weapon is very good and powerful.
-Armoring is good and well placed.

Weaknesses:
-When rotating spinner upwards (so the spikes rotate towards top by front) robot hits little bit to the ground.
-If you rotate spinner upwards and you are crushing enemy robot will flip quite easilly.

Bunker

Strengths:
-Superior armoring. (No one hasn't yet destroyed it totally.)
-Self rightning is quite easy due to it's shape.

Weaknesses:
-Is bit slow.
-Weapons work well only when enemy isn't on you.

-------------------------Ranking list ends-----------------------------------------

So here they are. (From best to worst)

Defender II[/u]

Strengths:
-Superior armoring.
-When spinning weapons are gone poker still works.
-Quite fast.
-Self right mechanism and it works too.

Weaknesses:
-Little hard to make small turn when speeding in full throttle.
-When robot is banged up self right mechanism needs spinners' help to turn the robot.
-Spinning weapons' motors aren't covered by anything.

Some match scores and new time record:

-Panic Attack vs. Defender II

-Dreadnought vs. Defender II
[URL=http://img273.imageshack.us/
I was Da beta tester Da da dada DA, Da. And that felt good.  :mrgreen:

Offline Korium9

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Mr. Weedy's Robots
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2005, 06:32:56 PM »
Why in the world does Speed Demon have an air tank? I didn't see any pistons.

That is a lot of wasted internal space . . .

Offline Mr. Weedy

• Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Mr. Weedy's Robots
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2005, 01:55:08 AM »
Sorry little bad pic, just noticed.

The servo piston is under all batteries. If you look carefully you can see a little bit of it.

It gives more stablity to robot when the piston is extended and when someone is trying to flip you in front.

Offline Firebeetle

• Rep: 3
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Mr. Weedy's Robots
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2005, 03:48:29 PM »
On Smasher, try removing the pison and air tanks and putting more weapon heads on the spinner.
Creeping in the doorway, lurking in the corners.

Offline Clickbeetle

• Rep: 21
  • In Soviet Russia, bugs stomp YOU!
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Beetle Bros site
    • Awards
Mr. Weedy's Robots
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2005, 12:41:12 PM »
Holey cheese!  Some of those bots actually AREN'T SPINNERS! :P

Seriously, about 90% of DSL bots so far are spinners (you can bet that will change in 2.0 though).  Way to be different with those designs.  Cube is my favorite; looks like a good rammer.

To get better damage with Smasher with no increase in weight, switch to the 25 kg hammers from stock RA2.  The YU812 hammers players can use are weak.

To lack feeling is to be dead, but to act on every feeling is to be a child.
-Brandon Sanderson, The Way of Kings

Offline Mr. Weedy

• Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Mr. Weedy's Robots
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2005, 08:14:16 AM »
New robot added.

Destroyer[/u]

Offline Firebeetle

• Rep: 3
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Mr. Weedy's Robots
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2005, 10:25:18 PM »
You don't really need a Tornado Mer Gearbox for just a lawn mower blade. I think changing them to 2 Mag Gearboxes and using those 15 kg spinner tops as discs would help a lot. You could put on lots of spikes. Shrinking the chassis and putting the weapon motors outside of the bot would get you some weight.
Creeping in the doorway, lurking in the corners.

Offline Mr. Weedy

• Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Mr. Weedy's Robots
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2005, 10:31:38 AM »
Ok thanks. I'll do those changes what you have said when I'm bored but now I won't change those things because I love creating something new.

Like Defender II[/u]

Offline Clickbeetle

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Beetle Bros site
    • Awards
Mr. Weedy's Robots
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2005, 12:16:06 PM »
Interesting idea, putting all your bots on the first page.  It makes so much sense I'm surprised noboby else has done it.

Interesting bot too.  Excellent armor on that thing, but is there any underneath?  Good weapons on the bot too; I haven't tried out DSL mower blades much yet but I know they're a lot more effective than in stock RA2.

Offline Mr. Weedy

• Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Mr. Weedy's Robots
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2005, 12:24:21 PM »
No there isn't any armoring underneath but it doesn't need them because when it is upside down the sides are / like that and then enemy's is quite hard to make any damage on the bottom.

And also when enemy rushes against your robot defender II rolls back on it's wheels because of it's shape and if that isn't enough fast I'll just press self righting mechanism's button and robot just rolls around a bit and then it is again ready to do some serious damage.

Offline Mr. Weedy

• Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Mr. Weedy's Robots
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2005, 11:22:09 AM »
Again I added a new robot.

It's Reaper and this is why it is so low on the ranking list.

Weapons drop off quite fast and then it doesn't have any kind of weaponry so it can't do much damage after that.

And I noticed 2 things what DSL team should fix. Actually 3. No 4.

First one is among Reaper's pictures. I could place those multiextenders inside the robot so that they didn't need any kind of holders where you should joint them.

Then second thing was that I couldn't joint that same multiextender to that two-motors-are-spinning-one-axel -motor's axel.

Third one is that when I joined servo motors on end of the triangle what is on the reaper the servo motors made it first wave little bit and then it went nuts and flew off. It kinda started to shake and rock like mad and then it flew off.

And fourth thing is that when I selected that triangle extender the text said there were 4 size of it but I could only select 3 sizes so if you haven't noticed them now you have.

Offline Clickbeetle

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Beetle Bros site
    • Awards
Mr. Weedy's Robots
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2005, 01:09:40 PM »
Now there's a creative design.  Vertically flailing spinners.

Most of the stuff you listed will be fixed in DSL 2.0.  But I don't think there is any remedy for #3.  Chaining multiple components with axles on them often has glitchy results, both in stock RA2 and DSL.

Offline Mr. Weedy

• Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Mr. Weedy's Robots
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2005, 01:49:33 AM »
:lol: This is starting to look like you, clickbeetle and firebeetle are only one who comments my robots.

But any way thank you for your comment.
At first I tried to joint servo motors to end of the that triangle thing so I could turn those blades to any angle what I want but unfortunately the servo motors didn't want to stay at one place and so I had to replace them at 90 degree axels.

Offline elshagan

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Mr. Weedy's Robots
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2005, 12:55:49 PM »
Quote from: Mr. Weedy
:lol: This is starting to look like you, clickbeetle and firebeetle are only one who comments my robots.

ok i will change that but i'm not a veteran like the beetle brothers so the only thing i can say right now is really nice bots could need a better skin on them but exept that i would like to battle ya but i can't host:P

Offline Mr. Weedy

• Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Mr. Weedy's Robots
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2005, 09:47:51 AM »
It would be nice to battle at those robots but aren't all custom parts banned in internet games?

Atleast it says that -you can't have any custom parts in your robot- when you try to take a robot to a net game and it has some custom parts in it.

Or is this tweaked so that in DSL games those DSL parts are allowed?

Offline elshagan

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Mr. Weedy's Robots
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2005, 04:51:52 AM »
yeah you can use dsl parts in mp but ýou must use the dsl mod to do so

Offline Mr. Weedy

• Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Mr. Weedy's Robots
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2005, 11:31:10 AM »
Okay.  :D

Offline Mr. Weedy

• Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Mr. Weedy's Robots
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2005, 02:05:04 PM »
TWO new robots added.

Hammerhead[/u] and Walker[/u]

Offline elshagan

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Mr. Weedy's Robots
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2005, 01:28:04 PM »
Tip: i like that you post your bot's on the first page but can't you do like that you but the newest bots at the bottom of your first post beacuse right now it's a little to hard to find your new bots

Offline Mr. Weedy

• Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Mr. Weedy's Robots
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2005, 11:44:57 AM »
Well at first I thought that I place robots like in ranking list so you could know which one is best and which worst.

Just copy the names and then use browser's search thing if you can't find them quickly.