Author Topic: Moully's DSL Showcase  (Read 2622 times)

Offline Moully

• Rep: 0
  • doggos
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Moully's DSL Showcase
« on: January 14, 2017, 06:10:36 AM »
Hi everyone, I'm Mouldy's Finances and these are my first attempts at some robots.

This is Basilisk, my first robot, he's green.

For some reason, I kept the animal theme running and ended up with Sharkbait.

If you get the name, we can be friends.

I want to say I didn't name one of my robots after a meme, but I did.

Feedback appreciated :smile: :beer:

Offline Jammy Dodger

• The welsh idiot you probably dislike
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Moully's DSL Showcase
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 06:14:28 AM »
Hello Moully welcome to the fourms! These are some soild 1st bots if your going for and Robbie Botten need surports and the latter's disc is clipping thew the drive motors but good bots.
Hope to see more from you in the future!

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • I wish to be with my people
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2019
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 06:18:16 AM »
Hey, welcome to GTM! These bots look decent for a beginner, but of course there is room for improvement

For example, skirt hinge wedges are usually not allowed for "IRL" bots (which is the bot type it looks like you're making), and the disc on robbie botten goes through the front drive motors, which is also not allowed. You seem to have the basics down, though. Good to see a newbie use their chassis space well and have the right amount of batteries (mostly).
also lol at most toxic guy around calling others out on this sh**
Google Drive with my newer bots

Offline Thyrus

• Rep: 19
  • Back to purple '17
    • http://www.youtube.com/Th
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2017, 06:56:33 AM »
I thought this was Mouldy trolling. Then I re-read the name.

Welcome to GTM. These bots looke decent for a newcommer. You've lurked before you joined havn't you? ;)

Offline Mouldy

• Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 4
  • Still can't make robots after 20 years.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: Mr.Kinch
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2017, 07:03:57 AM »
I thought this was Mouldy trolling. Then I re-read the name.

Welcome to GTM. These bots looke decent for a newcommer. You've lurked before you joined havn't you? ;)

You're not the only person to have said that, hehe.

This is my fiancee (finances). I taught her the basics and then gave her free rein after Basilisk. She's done pretty well so far, hehe.

Offline Mecha

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 7
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2017, 07:10:16 AM »
MULTI-ACCOUNTER PLZ BAN
hah, but seriously, welcome to the forums. Also, these bots are good for a beginner. I like the skin on the last one.

Offline Thyrus

• Rep: 19
  • Back to purple '17
    • http://www.youtube.com/Th
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2017, 07:25:31 AM »
Wait a second... Aren't you like 17 or something Mouldy?

Offline Thrackerzod

• Sparkle up your day!
  • Rep: 10
  • The distant future... the year 2000...
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2017, 07:37:49 AM »
Robbie Botten is a quality name.  I also like Sharkbait.  Anyway, welcome to the forum!

Offline F1Krazy

• Put me on a pedestal and I'll only disappoint you
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Tell me I'm exceptional, I promise to exploit you
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2017, 08:06:19 AM »
Depends where he's from. Here in Britain you can get married at 16 with parental permission.

Anyway, not bad for a newbie. Mjolnir is probably the one that needs the most work IMO, the front hinged skirt things aren't IRL and it's gonna run out of battery in 30 seconds. Sharkbait (OOH-HA-HA) looks like a pretty solid rammer though. What armour are these bots using?
My DSL Showcase

Offline Mouldy

• Super Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2017, 09:37:51 AM »
Depends where he's from. Here in Britain you can get married at 16 with parental permission.

16, my lad.

We are engaged, not married :3 Won't be marrying for a while.

Offline Naryar

• Rep: 21
  • hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2017, 07:07:53 AM »
A woman on Gametechmods ! How is such a thing possible ?  :bigO:

Anyways, welcome. Your bots aren't bad for a beginner.

I feel Basilisk could get some more battery power. Mjolnir also needs some frontal armor.

For example, skirt hinge wedges are usually not allowed for "IRL" bots (which is the bot type it looks like you're making), and the disc on robbie botten goes through the front drive motors, which is also not allowed.

I need to repeat this, but people, stop pushing newcomers in building styles so damn early.

She has the basic techniques down. Now she must learn how to build well before being bothered with IRL or DSL-S.

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2017, 07:13:53 AM »
For example, skirt hinge wedges are usually not allowed for "IRL" bots (which is the bot type it looks like you're making), and the disc on robbie botten goes through the front drive motors, which is also not allowed.

I need to repeat this, but people, stop pushing newcomers in building styles so damn early.

She has the basic techniques down. Now she must learn how to build well before being bothered with IRL or DSL-S.
Come on, Nary. DSL-S is dead for 2.2 and I think it's pretty obvious she's going for an IRL style, with CF useage.

Offline Baconus_Yum

• The Master of Bacon
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -1
  • I like Bacon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2017, 07:31:25 AM »

Come on, Nary. DSL-S is dead for 2.2 and I think it's pretty obvious she's going for an IRL style, with CF useage.
People can play any way they want. If this includes making a bot with 20 flair hammers on stock (which I don't advice), they can do that.
Didn't Win Anything Award GTM 2K17
Notable Tournament Entrees:
Bacon Emergency: 2nd Place in Emergency exit.
Spinner From the North: 2nd Place in SFTW Showdown
Abominable: 1st place in the MW division of The Cybernetic Colosseum

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2017, 07:51:42 AM »

People can play any way they want. If this includes making a bot with 20 flair hammers on stock (which I don't advice), they can do that.
Of course, I'm not debating that. I don't want to spam the thread further, I'm just saying that it's pretty safe to assume the metagame that we're dealing with here.

Offline Naryar

• Rep: 21
  • hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2017, 06:44:31 AM »

Of course, I'm not debating that. I don't want to spam the thread further, I'm just saying that it's pretty safe to assume the metagame that we're dealing with here.
Choice of metagames is a personal and somewhat important choice, and should be done after people become better at RA2. Because choice of metagames is better done as an informed choice, and only experienced builders can make it as an informed choice. And I believe people should not push people towards one meta or another.

Now that this is said, i'll stop with the offtopic.

Offline Mouldy

• Super Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2017, 12:08:24 PM »
Let me clear some things up in Moully's absence.

As of right now, Moully is building robots under my supervision on my computer since her laptop doesn't have enough memory space to download it.

All that she has shown so far has been under my supervision with essentially free rein past Basilisk with the exception of Mjolnir (was showing her burst motors and wedges for Standard uses)

Naryar is right. She's not going for any "style" as of right now. (I did explain though what they meant and she said that she will like to go with IRL when she understands more about the game)

Badger, chap, I don't even know what CF is so she won't, hehe. Since when was Standard dead? As far as I'm aware, my tourney was the last DSL 2.2-S. That was only a couple of months ago. If you're right, buggar, because my brain can't grapple IRL, hehe.

Her absence right now is due to her moving. She will be back building within a couple of weeks. She also hopes also to enter a tournament within the next month, too.