Author Topic: Merrick's Attempts At 'Realistic' DSL  (Read 16809 times)

Offline Merrick

• Rep: 3
  • Half-decent IRL designs and terrible antweights.
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Merrick's Attempts At 'Realistic' DSL
« Reply #100 on: September 02, 2012, 09:39:54 PM »
And yes, this is bringing the trolls out. Proving that some of your members just scrape the bottom of the internet barrel.

Offline Enigm@

• convicted sex offender
  • Rep: 5
  • :really_makes_you_think:
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: September 02, 2012, 09:40:36 PM »
And yes, this is bringing the trolls out. Proving that some of your members just scrape the bottom of the internet barrel.
no i just happened to be online at the time and i think this is funny
don't know what you're freaking out about dude
(◕‿◕✿) discord: uncle_slamm steam: bigmommaprodz #unbanlra2

Offline Merrick

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: September 02, 2012, 09:42:04 PM »

Brutal honesty is one thing, what you did was go into a thread named 'Realistic DSL' and then say 'i hate all of them bot that's because i hate realistic dsl'.

It's the mentality behind the 'holier than thou' so-called critcism that has been bothering me for a while.

Offline Enigm@

• convicted sex offender
  • Rep: 5
  • :really_makes_you_think:
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: September 02, 2012, 09:42:53 PM »

Brutal honesty is one thing, what you did was go into a thread named 'Realistic DSL' and then say 'i hate all of them bot that's because i hate realistic dsl'.
doesn't mean that you can't handle the situation in a calm fashion.
(◕‿◕✿) discord: uncle_slamm steam: bigmommaprodz #unbanlra2

Offline Merrick

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: September 02, 2012, 09:46:24 PM »
I have been handling it in a calm situation since I first started reading this forum. However, you have somehow continued your incredible level of total, blissful ignorance.

I'm not even going to continue giving you a response, otherwise I'm just going to end up repeating myself over and over trying to get through your dense skull.

Offline Mr. AS

• TheGloriousCarbideArstotzkanIronsideChaosProtocol
  • Rep: 19
    • robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #105 on: September 02, 2012, 09:48:32 PM »
You even migrated to some guy's friggin' YouTube series (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQzr-H7Rnko&feature=relmfu#ws) and acted like complete pricks.
lel only like 2 people went over there and were being dickfaces, its not like we planned a damn raid or anything

if you think anything else is being a prick or OMG CYIBBERBULYING or sh** like that your being waaay too sensitive

and yes you certainly couldve handled that instance more calmly like you apparently did the other times
How you make Alarm Clock Pizza is:
Step 1: You buy an alarm clock from the store, and then you have to break it and put it in the sauce.
Step 2: Fold the sauce in 5 slices and put it in the dough.
Step 3: Paint the eggs with a pitcher of a clock showing what time you want to wake up and eat pizza for breakfast.
Step 4: Put the eggs in the dough.
Step 5: Make it flat into a round shape and draw the time you want on it.
Step 6: Put some old steel to prevent other peple from stealing it.
Step 7: Make it flat and cut into 60 slices 1 for each minute in 1 our.
Step 8: Put in the oven set the timer to 30048813.2884 seconds and put the temperature on 'Volcano' setting.
Step 9: If you think it is take to long, then get yor alarm clock and set it to now so that it will ring and you can take it out.
Step 10: Take it out uv the uvin wen it is redy and go to bed. In the morning eat pizza and also eat yor hands bi mistake.

Offline Noodle

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 1
  • faggot
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #106 on: September 02, 2012, 09:50:38 PM »
Your robots suck.  Period.

Not because they're IRL robots, but because they're bad - and that's bad as in bad compared to the standards for IRL robots.
Their designs are uninspired and inefficient, and the sloppy skinning is the icing on the cake.

Of course, most people on the forums don't have a huge problem with this, and they'll tell you in a fairly nice way what's wrong.  The problem is that when you get pissy about them trying to tell how to improve your robots, you're gonna get your own sh** thrown back at you.

Why is it so ****ing difficult for people to understand constructive criticism?

Offline Tweedy

• Tweedy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #107 on: September 02, 2012, 11:05:48 PM »
Alright, fine. Whatever. I'll give up.

Enigma, that was completely retarded. ERMAHGERD I H8 REALISTIC BOTS. It says it in the ****ing title of the thread.

Why can none of you get it into your stupid elitist skulls that I am not here to make the best bots, the most effective ones, I made these to try and make a balanced, original display tournament without 18 ****ing razors on a ridiculous looking DSL bot.

I don't even give a sh** that I'll be banned for this post, because it will be my last anyway.
This forum is just inhabited by aspergers-ridden pricks who won't leave their parents basement.
This is how showcases work on GTM if you hadn't noticed, people post bots here to learn to improve them and after me giving constructive criticism and you going and calling everyone here an elitist prick you've basically demonstrated that you can't function on the Internet or at least not as part of this community, so yeah bye.

Offline 123savethewhales

• Rep: 30
  • Friendship is Magic
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #108 on: September 02, 2012, 11:23:56 PM »
Come on guys just leave him alone.  No forum rule exists that ban players from showcasing useless ugly bots.

Offline kill343gs

« Reply #109 on: September 02, 2012, 11:42:41 PM »
Thread locked because I can see where this is going.

Here's the deal, the RA2 community has been around for a very long time. Throughout these 10+ years, the culture of the community has been that to help one another improve. I know that sounds a bit wishy-washy and all that, and a lot of people are probably reading this right now and wondering if I'm actually talking about the same community or if I've finally lost my damn mind. First of all, I have; and second of all, beyond all this pseudo-elitism at its core that really is what this community is about.

To put it bluntly, the purpose of a showcase on GTM is so that we can help you improve and be a better builder. And people around here are more than happy to help. It just so happens that people get frustrated with an absence of improvement after a while. By shunning the advice we give entirely, this showcase becomes "Hey, I took this sh**. Look at it and shut up."

Unfortunately that won't fly here. Granted I could make it work, but I don't get paid enough (See: Nothing) to sit here and delete every post from this thread that isn't made by you because the person A. Suggested an improvement or B. Got sick of being essentially ignored and decided to give you some cold hard truth.

As I said before I'm not cleaning up the sh** in this thread because I'm tired right now, so everybody enjoy your mulligans. Any sh**posting after this will result in deletion and warnings.

For once the mods did something right
#MakeGTMGreatAgain

Offline Jamin

• Ultra Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #110 on: September 02, 2012, 11:51:31 PM »
You can also make realistic bots as well as making the stuff the community wants you too, I make tons of IRL and just for fun bots but I never showcase them because that's not what the showcases are about. Once you learn all of the tricks and stuff to making "good" bots it opens up a whole new realm of bot building to you, and that's what is fun about it.

Offline Jonzu95

• Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: -27
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #111 on: September 03, 2012, 12:56:44 AM »
Keep building and enjoying about the game. Ignore the negative critic if you wanna build like you however want. If you wanna start building like a pro, then the critic is needed.

Members like Enigma or Noodle should be ignored all the time, and I don't understand why Plazmic and Mr. AS said "your bots suck". I'm really disappointed at both of you. Let Merrick build like he ever wants.

Offline 090901

• alcoholic in denial
  • Rep: 22
  • :mrgreen:
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 GTMCS2 Divison Winner GTMCS Division Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #112 on: September 03, 2012, 01:17:35 AM »
Members like Enigma or Noodle should be ignored all the time
I find this funny as heck considering they are both better/more active builders than you.

Offline Jonzu95

• Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #113 on: September 03, 2012, 01:19:56 AM »
I find this funny as heck considering they are both better/more active builders than you.
I find this funny because you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

Offline Jamin

• Ultra Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #114 on: September 03, 2012, 01:21:22 AM »

Lol, I was gonna wait for someone else to say it, but Chris is totally right.

Offline 090901

• alcoholic in denial
  • Rep: 22
  • :mrgreen:
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 GTMCS2 Divison Winner GTMCS Division Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #115 on: September 03, 2012, 01:22:27 AM »
It's true, in stock at least.

Offline Jonzu95

• Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #116 on: September 03, 2012, 01:23:19 AM »

Lol, I was gonna wait for someone else to say it, but Chris is totally right.
Chris is totally Wrong. I have Almost 4-year experience about RA2, and I'm clearly better than some random Noodle or Enigma. I don't wanna be an ego or anything but I am much more experienced.

Offline kill343gs

« Reply #117 on: September 03, 2012, 01:32:35 AM »
i am going to destroy all of you tomorrow

#MakeGTMGreatAgain

Offline Naryar

• Rep: 21
  • hybrids oui oui
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #118 on: September 03, 2012, 01:34:54 AM »
Well, congratulations starting a flame war in your own showcase, insulting everyone in this community aaand being the only overly dramatic, unreasonable fellow in the former argument.. Enjoy your mute.

Offline kill343gs

« Reply #119 on: September 03, 2012, 01:39:46 AM »
Well, congratulations starting a flame war in your own showcase, insulting everyone in this community aaand being the only overly dramatic, unreasonable fellow in the former argument.. Enjoy your mute.

That is wholly irresponsible and the exact opposite of how I was handling this situation...

#MakeGTMGreatAgain