Robot Arena > DSL TC Showcases

MasterTech... errr.... BDBlu's DSL SC

(1/4) > >>

BDBlu:
Been a while, but I figured it's time for me to show off my capabilities.  I'll start off with my submissions for DOT's tournament.  First three are my AW, BW, and CW.

Sun Shine is a unique AW.  Why unique?  Undercutter!  I know it's not effective, but I felt like it's needed to be done and submitted.

Grinder is my BW with primary weapon a giant saw.  I was inspired by a real bot which is built the same way but with less chassis.

This is a CW category.  It is a slightly smaller version of my redditbot entrance, ROFLcopter.  It was voted as a fan favorite even tho it was rejected.  This version is little more stable and quicker than it's bigger original.

Squirrel_Monkey:
So there's nothing too bad with anything. You've got the general vibe of realism.
A few points:
1. Think about how your wheels intersect the chassis. Making the AW's wheels on the outside would look a lot better and the CW has them half-intersecting which looks very wrong.
2. Tribars like that would just break in real life. Cross bracing would make it look more realistic.
3. The BW saw should really have axle support on both sides. Although I guess you could argue against this for this sort of weight level.
4. If you export your skin you can resize if to maybe 1024x1024 and so have a much nicer looking chassis.

BDBlu:
More DOT's tournament bots.

Shuriken is my LW with fuax-FBS.  Also competing in the Redditbots LW.

Redditbots's fan favorite reject!  Huge amount of power as it was to deal a one hit KO, but like its name... it can fly with a little tap.  Hellacopter inspired me to build this.

In DOT's words...  The Robot.  The Myth.  The Legend.
RG has been rebuilt to be more modernized.  I know the drive motors aren't IRL, but DOT was nice enough to fix it for me.  Thanks!

From this point on, I'll start building more with tips.  Any advice and tip will be appreciated!

Dreamcast:
Why are the Razor Strips oriented in the positive direction compared to the original?

BDBlu:
Because I was a newbie back then. lol.  I think I had an idea of using the spike strip to "hook" a robot to slam against the wall or something when I originally built it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version