Author Topic: Don_Cheto Does DSL  (Read 1307 times)

Offline Don_Cheto

• Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Don_Cheto Does DSL
« on: June 13, 2022, 04:50:01 PM »
Hola amigos! I’m relatively new to Robot Arena 2 but I thought I’d make a profile on here and post my my new robot, Ominous Starfish  :smile:

It’s 599 in weight and the finished version is covered up underneath with aluminum sheets! Hope to compete with this sometime, any advice on improvements are welcome, gracias!

Offline Gulden

• Am I still considered active?
  • Rep: 7
  • Currently trying to make a Riff in Time and Space.
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Gulden#1901
Re: Don_Cheto Does DSL
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2022, 05:11:52 PM »
Neat.  Does the robot not have a bottom plate by default or was this screenshot taken without it?

Otherwise, a pretty good robot.
I have several opinions.

Offline TheRoboteer

• Mr Big Blue Flipper
  • Rep: 9
  • "I HATE SEBASTIAN COE!"
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2021
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: TheRoboteer#8784
Re: Don_Cheto Does DSL
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2022, 05:21:32 PM »
Hola amigos! I’m relatively new to Robot Arena 2 but I thought I’d make a profile on here and post my my new robot, Ominous Starfish  :smile:
(Image removed from quote.)
(Image removed from quote.)
It’s 599 in weight and the finished version is covered up underneath with aluminum sheets! Hope to compete with this sometime, any advice on improvements are welcome, gracias!

Welcome!

Nice first effort, especially considering it's an extenderbot. Don't often see those for a first posted bot.

2WD slimbodies is probably right on the edge of what is passable for drive on a cruiserweight, even with super grippy wheels like motorcycles, but i suppose given it's a HS it doesn't need too much drive, so it's probably fine.

Assuming the alu sheets you're referring to for covering the bottom are the halfsheets, I'd try to use alu panels instead to match what you've got on the top. It'll look better and probably give the internals a modicum more protection as the halfsheets are so thin that stuff can hit straight through them (panels have that issue too to some degree, but less-so)

Overall though a very solid start. Looks well thought out, and like some solid effort has gone into making it look nice, which is always good to see. Look forward to seeing more from you!
Notable Tournament Performances:
The Beginner's Guide to IRL:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/tutorials-and-tips/irl-a-beginner's-guide