Author Topic: LiNcK'z Botz  (Read 82413 times)

Offline LiNcK

• Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 1
    • 8linck8
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: LiNcK'z Botz
« Reply #900 on: February 04, 2012, 03:25:26 PM »
Updated Electic Disorder a bit.

What I did:
Added 2 more ants (For no reason at all, Had the weight)
Added a mace to the under part of the disk (For those pesky flat bots... Also because I had the weight)
Upgraded armor to 5 Titanium (Probz the only real upgrade)
Removed the wedge (Since its invertible & Its my entry for BoF2)

Just incase youre wondering, Nope... The mace doesnt really touch the ground :P

Thoughts? :P

Offline NFX

• Rep: 11
  • SliSliSliSliSliSliSliSli(0)
    • AwesomeFish921
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #901 on: February 04, 2012, 03:30:09 PM »
Looking nice. I especially like the top casters for some reason. Mace less so, but at least it still works.
Co-creator of The RA2 Randomiser

Offline LiNcK

• Super Heavyweight
    • 8linck8
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #902 on: February 04, 2012, 03:41:28 PM »
Looking nice. I especially like the top casters for some reason. Mace less so, but at least it still works.

Still has 10KGs to go & I didnt know what to put so yeah, Started looking around the weapons & Found the mace...
Maybe ill just put spikes on the extender work orso, GOtta go to a wedding right now so I cant really do much :P

Offline MassimoV

• I Move Weight
  • Rep: 24
  • I make rap for people of Serbia
    • MassimoVTV
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Mourning Glory
    • Awards
« Reply #903 on: February 04, 2012, 03:52:00 PM »
Like this version alot more. The mace is kinda weird though.

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
  • Rep: 3
    • Badnik96GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • BattleBots Wiki
    • Awards
« Reply #904 on: February 04, 2012, 04:16:04 PM »
Yeah, the mace kinda ruins it.

It's good though, can't wait for you to send it :D

Offline LiNcK

• Super Heavyweight
    • 8linck8
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #905 on: February 05, 2012, 10:29:28 AM »
Ok, Removed the mace & Upped the armor to Plastic x10. Total weight is 394.4KGs :P
Just sent it to Badnik96

All I wish for in BoF2 is for my bot to be flipped :3

Offline LiNcK

• Super Heavyweight
    • 8linck8
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #906 on: May 24, 2016, 08:58:10 PM »
Ayyy! Been a while. I decided to get back into RA2 for the time being so here's a couple of hours of work:

Most of the work was spent trying to make the chassis pixel perfect TBH - I was trying to stack 2 sets of batteries on top of the TWR3s in an L shape but I could only get the left side to actually work so I gave up after a while and just extended the chassis and plopped 2 ants on the front instead. Then I ran into the problem of trying to slant the front so it doesn't clip through the spinner while still getting the ants to fit. RA2 is terribly inefficient at those sorts of small tune-ups.

I figured I'd try the Heavy Spikes because they seemed to have great stats and didn't hit the ground. If they suck I can always change them to something that's useful like Heavy/Light Teeth or Beater Bars.

Talking about stuff maybe being useless, I noticed DSL 2.2 has a couple of new weapons and all around better descriptions for everything which is great! I had a hard time finding information about which of the new items are useful, which are not, what is glitched, what descriptions are wrong, etc. though. Any idea where I could see which items are good in DSL 2.2 and which are bad? I remember many items being practically useless unless you were trying to make a very novel bot back in 2.1 and IDK if that's the case for 2.2 or if everything works as advertised.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 09:27:55 PM by LiNcK »

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • I wish to be with my people
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2019
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #907 on: May 25, 2016, 06:33:46 AM »
That control board is slightly stacked into the ant, literally the worst bot ever.

Is that a singe skirt hinge? We've found out that only the centre attachment point on skirt hinges are really wedge-y. And in DSL2.2 having fewer, heavier batteries is more efficient I think, ants aren't very good anymore.

I would also look into downgrading the drive and upgrading the weaponry. I can't remember if DSL2.2 has square extenders but if it does you could use a single one of them instead of a disc to save a decent amount of weight.
also lol at most toxic guy around calling others out on this sh**
Google Drive with my newer bots

Offline Naryar

• Rep: 21
  • hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #908 on: May 25, 2016, 06:37:10 AM »
A drum would probably be lighter than a disc, yes, or even the omni extender.

And yes, better use a WP836E on that. Ant spamming is no longer a thing in DSL 2.2.

Offline LiNcK

• Super Heavyweight
    • 8linck8
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #909 on: May 26, 2016, 06:32:25 PM »
I updated Silver Beast, incorporating some of the tips.

I didn't really manage to get other batteries in there besides ants due to how small the body is and how there's a huge motor breaking it up in the middle but a little inefficiency on the batteries doesn't seem that bad.

With the extra weight from losing the disc and downgrading the drive I managed to get 2 heavy beater bars in the front. I was thinking it could turn into a rammer when the razor tips got taken out, even if its a bit slow. Its also good frontal armor for when the spinner gets taken out and the AI still decides to ram the enemy. Hopefully the enemy weapons would be so damaged by then that the bars manage to take them out, leaving me to be the only armed bot in the fight.

I put the Razor tip on the top of the "spinner as both armor (its 5 different block extenders so quite vulnerable) and to be able to hit taller bots more reliably or maybe get some hits in on top of other bots (Like when they ram me and their backs jump up a bit).

Lastly, I changed the skirt hinge for spring-loaded hinges (the free ones just went crazy), though IDK exactly how to make them as effective as possible. Right now they start a bit lower than the bot and end parallel with it. I also upgraded the actual wedge to curved ones rather than straight because I had the extra weight.

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • I wish to be with my people
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2019
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #910 on: May 26, 2016, 07:03:12 PM »
You can probably do with 1 wedge, your bot is way too narrow to benefit from 2. Maybe consider widening the bot?

Also I think razors were nerfed to oblivion in dsl2.2 (though I may be getting confused with IF). Maybe replace them with beaters or teeth or something?
also lol at most toxic guy around calling others out on this sh**
Google Drive with my newer bots

Offline LiNcK

• Super Heavyweight
    • 8linck8
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #911 on: May 26, 2016, 08:27:31 PM »
I used 2 big wedges mostly as a literal "catch all" - I figured even if someone fully misses me on the side, the fact that my wedge extends over my side could mean that I go under them instead of me going under theirs. So a bit of a defensive bubble of wedge around me so to speak. I could always change them for straight ones of better materials though or use the weight to add sidepieces to hold enemies in place. Does it even matter how long wedges are? I've always done 120cm but it has always been a habit thing.

Razor tips have 1000HP, 400DP, 50 Fracture, and no normals. Heavy Teeth have much better DP but they have normals and I didn't wanna run into "they hit the top of the spinner" situations in which I would deal no damage. I could sacrifice 100 DP for another 1000HP if I use Iron Spikes or sacrifice 160DP for another 1500HP if I use Heavy Beaters though... That's worth considering, specially since many fights are won simple due to more durable weaponry. There's probably other options out there that became useful with 2.2 too but I figured Razor Tips would be safe picks.

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #912 on: May 27, 2016, 04:20:02 AM »
i agree with badger. this bot has light drive and quite heavy wedges for a LW.

but maybe it actually works like that

Offline LiNcK

• Super Heavyweight
    • 8linck8
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #913 on: June 06, 2016, 01:40:00 AM »
Alright so I redid Silver Beast after downloading Serge's awesome component freedom patch and also took the time to make a new bot. Lack of collisions makes building a breeze and definitely satisfies my space efficiency obsession! I love it!

Here's both bots

As you can see I replaced the Razor Tips with Iron Spikes. This is because I feel the 1000 extra HP is worth the 100 DP sacrifice. I also took Badger's advise and toned the wedges down a little.

Using the same principle of Iron Spikes > Razor Tips this one uses Iron spikes as weaponry. I might actually put Razor Tips back in though since I feel popups are more about DPS than sustain damage, if that makes any sense. I also tried to fit other battery types in there but there simply isn't space. I can get a WP836E in between the snappers but it would make the anchors go through the battery. It wouldn't be possible without Serge's patch so IDK where doing that stands in terms of realism so I figured I'd play it safe. I thinks anchors in Ironforge have no collision so maybe its considered realistic in DSL too?

I really want to push the wedges further in so the hinges are hidden behind the plates and the bot looks a lot better but IDK whether that would affect their performance so I went for the normal design to avoid risks. Does anyone know if not having the hinges at the absolute furthest have any effect on their performance?

Lastly, I put the start position of the spikes all the way in the back for it to function as a rammer when the snappers lose power. My first thought to make it work with AI is to calculate after how many firings the snappers lose effectiveness and set that as a hard limit for how many times the AI is allowed to fire the weapons, then have it switch to the rammer part of the AI. IDK if such a thing is possible to do though. I'm planning on learning how to AI so I can do it myself since I've decided all bots in this Team will have dual roles (becoming rammers once their main role is taken out). I feel having to AI these would be extra annoying for people that end up having to AI them for tournaments or an AI pack.

Looking forward to your thoughts!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 02:04:54 AM by LiNcK »

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #914 on: June 06, 2016, 05:32:36 AM »
i'm gotta have to try building DSL standard with the no collision serge patch. see if we can actually make this type of building legal, as long as we respect visual meshes.

This looks DSL standard legal to me.

That's a lot of weapons on a popup though. But maybe the magsnapper isn't bad like in DSL 2.1.

Offline LiNcK

• Super Heavyweight
    • 8linck8
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #915 on: June 06, 2016, 12:15:17 PM »
I did find that it seemed to fire a bit slower than I remember, even with Razor tips. I figured it was better due to the stats on the descriptions but I gotta admit IDK what they mean since its just numbers. The Magsnapper just had bigger numbers (11/75 vs. 2/60 I think) and used more power (60 vs. 40) compared to the green snapper so I figured it was better. JXs seeem to follow the same trend.

Offline LiNcK

• Super Heavyweight
    • 8linck8
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #916 on: July 16, 2018, 12:06:30 AM »
Been a while! I just downloaded 2.3, messed around for a bit, and made this:

I call it Shinobi and it's a MW at 398.8Kg. It's pretty straightforward, here's the insides:

Because the antenna is at a slight angle and the spinner spins super fast the antenna looks like it wiggles cutely while it attacks, it's the greatest thing ever lol

Offline Billy5545

• Best Newcomer 2018
  • Rep: 4
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Kendor#3191
« Reply #917 on: July 16, 2018, 12:11:36 AM »
Been a while! I just downloaded 2.3, messed around for a bit, and made this:
(Image removed from quote.)

I call it Shinobi and it's a MW at 398.8Kg. It's pretty straightforward, here's the insides:
(Image removed from quote.)

Because the antenna is at a slight angle and the spinner spins super fast the antenna looks like it wiggles cutely while it attacks, it's the greatest thing ever lol
It's that DSL-S? Just to remind you, but DSL-IRL has grown a lot while you were absent, while DSL-S is dying (the most recent DSL-S tournament was Master of Disasters 2)

Also,hello and welcome back by the way. I'm a newbie player who joined two months ago, and there are a lot of other new players, like moziet, Bildschirm, FlamesOfIce, Nightraven Shade, Olister92, etc

Offline Philippa

• The Queen of GTM
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
  • ✊ Viva la Standard! ✊
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #918 on: July 16, 2018, 03:16:30 AM »
Simple but effective. If you wanna free up some weight then you can delete one of the batteries, since the other one will be able to take you around 2:40 into a three minute match at full usage.

Offline LiNcK

• Super Heavyweight
    • 8linck8
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #919 on: July 18, 2018, 10:33:29 PM »
It's that DSL-S? Just to remind you, but DSL-IRL has grown a lot while you were absent, while DSL-S is dying (the most recent DSL-S tournament was Master of Disasters 2)

Also,hello and welcome back by the way. I'm a newbie player who joined two months ago, and there are a lot of other new players, like moziet, Bildschirm, FlamesOfIce, Nightraven Shade, Olister92, etc

Hello, thanks for the welcome and welcome yourself as well :)

Does IRL building have more set rules nowadays? I remember from back when I was active it was mostly a matter of the person that could make the most effective bot while also convincing everyone else that it's still IRL winning, so building IRL always seemed like this awkward "try to skirt the fuzzy rules" thing to me. Plus, even when I was active my bots mostly sucked so I'm not sure I'll be entering many tournaments soon lol

We'll see how it goes in terms of me staying active, playing RA2, and building IRL. I do have a lot of free time for the coming month so hopefully I do get back into RA2.

Simple but effective. If you wanna free up some weight then you can delete one of the batteries, since the other one will be able to take you around 2:40 into a three minute match at full usage.

Oh that's great! I'll definitely be doing it and upgrading my armor then since I was 2KG overweight with the upgrade. Thanks!