Author Topic: LiNcK'z Botz  (Read 83201 times)

Offline Naryar

• Rep: 21
  • hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: LiNcK'z Botz
« Reply #880 on: January 29, 2012, 03:16:06 PM »
Oh, a TS/FS hybrid.

Too bad the torque of the center spinner must screw up your bot's trajectory and your wedge.

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
  • Rep: 3
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #881 on: January 29, 2012, 04:58:05 PM »
Beholder was awesome, it definitely needs a rebuild.

On the MW, I didn;t even think that was possible within the weight limit... 0_o Shows what I've missed in effective DSL building the past year

Also, if you want to make something try an IRL MW for BoF2... I could really use a few more entries :P

Offline LiNcK

• Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 1
    • 8linck8
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #882 on: January 30, 2012, 03:22:48 PM »
My first "IRL" bot... I wish I could make the extenders outside look a bit less weird, Might imporve on that later :P
Its invertible, You might say its retarded to have a wedge & Make it invertible but mehh, I had the weight left & Im pretty sure that the wedges would get chopped off once its inverted.

*Gets ready for being bashed coz the bot sucks*

This is the extender work: Im not skilled at all at making things look pretty O.o

Offline NFX

• Rep: 11
  • SliSliSliSliSliSliSliSli(0)
    • AwesomeFish921
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #883 on: January 30, 2012, 03:27:36 PM »
Metal Hinge wedges = Poor show. But don't worry, I say that to everyone who does it. =) You only see wedges like that on the side of bots, such as Panic Attack, for some protection. I think it should do fine without wedges, you could upgrade the armour instead. It reminds me of Disconstructor from Series 7 of the UK wars somewhat.
Co-creator of The RA2 Randomiser

Offline LiNcK

• Super Heavyweight
    • 8linck8
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #884 on: January 30, 2012, 03:32:26 PM »
Yeah, Been thinking about removing them more & More... IDK what I could add on its place though :\
Im not sure about the disc either, Seemed to be the best one available with 7500HP & 332DP but DSL is famous for having alot of useless components :P

Id add some razors orso but then it would deviate more from the realistic feel it should have...
IDK what to do with the extra weight besides improve armor ._.

Offline Squirrel_Monkey

• Squirrel_Monkeyweight
  • Rep: 7
  • [Insert clever and witty comment here]
    • 0SquirrelMonkey0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #885 on: January 30, 2012, 03:34:49 PM »
It might be cool to somehow angle the disc downwards (or just angle the chassis) then it can hit the lower bots. (Why am I saying this when my entry is BFE'd thin?)
Better than GK since 2009.
I think SM is a pretty cool guy, eh builds unicycle-bots and doesn't afraid of anything

Offline NFX

• Rep: 11
  • SliSliSliSliSliSliSliSli(0)
    • AwesomeFish921
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #886 on: January 30, 2012, 03:43:23 PM »
What you could do is add something like a Large DSL Disc, or 100cm Disc, and add a few Cutting Teeth, or Beater Bars onto that. Besides, it really doesn't matter if you use useless components, as long as it looks cool. Take a look at Cage Of Mirrors in my showcase, I entered it into B4ttlebots. Looks beautiful, but can't fight for <expletive>.
Co-creator of The RA2 Randomiser

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #887 on: January 30, 2012, 03:43:52 PM »
If this is for BoF2, then you can't use metal hinges on your bot. If not, it looks OK.

Offline Squirrel_Monkey

• Squirrel_Monkeyweight
  • Rep: 7
  • [Insert clever and witty comment here]
    • 0SquirrelMonkey0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #888 on: January 30, 2012, 03:46:42 PM »
If this is for BoF2, then you can't use metal hinges on your bot. If not, it looks OK.
You mean, no metal hing wedges, metal hinge components are allowed for things such as spike traps or springy spikes.
Better than GK since 2009.
I think SM is a pretty cool guy, eh builds unicycle-bots and doesn't afraid of anything

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #889 on: January 30, 2012, 04:18:34 PM »
yes I do, sorry bout that.

Offline cephalopod

« Reply #890 on: January 30, 2012, 04:45:52 PM »
Also, if we're being strictly IRL, does the axle have a support? It may do and I might just be blind but yeah - perm axles don't float in mid air IRL :P
bristol bot builders / two headed death flamingo / snappy robots
//
kindest and friendliest '13, '15, '16, '17 / favourite staff member '14, '15

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #891 on: January 30, 2012, 04:51:40 PM »
Looks like it does have support.

Offline Mr. AS

• TheGloriousCarbideArstotzkanIronsideChaosProtocol
  • Rep: 19
    • robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #892 on: January 30, 2012, 05:41:48 PM »
question: do IRL MWs use Ant Batteries (Presumably packs of D batteries)?
How you make Alarm Clock Pizza is:
Step 1: You buy an alarm clock from the store, and then you have to break it and put it in the sauce.
Step 2: Fold the sauce in 5 slices and put it in the dough.
Step 3: Paint the eggs with a pitcher of a clock showing what time you want to wake up and eat pizza for breakfast.
Step 4: Put the eggs in the dough.
Step 5: Make it flat into a round shape and draw the time you want on it.
Step 6: Put some old steel to prevent other peple from stealing it.
Step 7: Make it flat and cut into 60 slices 1 for each minute in 1 our.
Step 8: Put in the oven set the timer to 30048813.2884 seconds and put the temperature on 'Volcano' setting.
Step 9: If you think it is take to long, then get yor alarm clock and set it to now so that it will ring and you can take it out.
Step 10: Take it out uv the uvin wen it is redy and go to bed. In the morning eat pizza and also eat yor hands bi mistake.

Offline LiNcK

• Super Heavyweight
    • 8linck8
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #893 on: January 30, 2012, 05:50:11 PM »

Realised that right after posting it :P
This will be for BoF if I cant make anything better tomorrow, I have 2 exams tomorrow so I kinda rushed this one ^^"
Planning on doing something like a scorpion that hits you from the side & Above...

Well, I have no idea of the rules of IRL, People told me to some things but nothing really specific so yeah... I dont exactly know whats allowed & Whats not O.o
We should come to agreements about IRL building & Write up an official thread for newbz to it, Like me :P

Also, if we're being strictly IRL, does the axle have a support? It may do and I might just be blind but yeah - perm axles don't float in mid air IRL :P

Cant you see the extender work that attaches to the disc? :P
I couldent really make it go INTO the disc but I put it as close as possible (Almost touches it)

Offline SKBT

« Reply #894 on: January 30, 2012, 10:10:39 PM »

Yes and no. For example a Battlepack battery is made up of "C" sized cells and provides 5 amp hours and in this case 24v and is commonly used in MW's. But most MW's and other weight classes are switching to a 'LiPo' battery.

Offline Mr. AS

• TheGloriousCarbideArstotzkanIronsideChaosProtocol
  • Rep: 19
    • robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
LiNcK'z O_O'z
« Reply #895 on: January 31, 2012, 02:06:06 PM »

Yes and no. For example a Battlepack battery is made up of "C" sized cells and provides 5 amp hours and in this case 24v and is commonly used in MW's. But most MW's and other weight classes are switching to a 'LiPo' battery.
so does that mean having 1-2 ant batt per spin motor isn't irl realistic in anything above lw or mw?
How you make Alarm Clock Pizza is:
Step 1: You buy an alarm clock from the store, and then you have to break it and put it in the sauce.
Step 2: Fold the sauce in 5 slices and put it in the dough.
Step 3: Paint the eggs with a pitcher of a clock showing what time you want to wake up and eat pizza for breakfast.
Step 4: Put the eggs in the dough.
Step 5: Make it flat into a round shape and draw the time you want on it.
Step 6: Put some old steel to prevent other peple from stealing it.
Step 7: Make it flat and cut into 60 slices 1 for each minute in 1 our.
Step 8: Put in the oven set the timer to 30048813.2884 seconds and put the temperature on 'Volcano' setting.
Step 9: If you think it is take to long, then get yor alarm clock and set it to now so that it will ring and you can take it out.
Step 10: Take it out uv the uvin wen it is redy and go to bed. In the morning eat pizza and also eat yor hands bi mistake.

Offline LiNcK

• Super Heavyweight
    • 8linck8
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #896 on: January 31, 2012, 04:31:07 PM »
We should really write down these rules... Theres a difference between being IRL realistic from the outside, But the inside is a whole other thing :P
Everything could have an IRL realistic deviation & Different people can have different opinions on this.

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #897 on: January 31, 2012, 04:39:17 PM »
Neh, you can use 1 ant per spin motor for BoF2, I don't really care as long as it looks IRL.

Also someone tried a scorpion for the original BoF. It didn't turn out very well. :P

Offline LiNcK

• Super Heavyweight
    • 8linck8
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #898 on: January 31, 2012, 04:46:00 PM »
Neh, you can use 1 ant per spin motor for BoF2, I don't really care as long as it looks IRL.

Also someone tried a scorpion for the original BoF. It didn't turn out very well. :P

Proves my point there, You dont care about the ants thing but someone else might :P

Anyways, Didnt have time to build anything today (The whole day teaching a girl how to use VB) so I might tomorrow...

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #899 on: January 31, 2012, 04:46:43 PM »
OK. I'll be waiting for your entry :D