Author Topic: MyLifeIsIn8Bit - Showcase  (Read 2484 times)

Offline TheRoboteer

• Mr Big Blue Flipper
  • Rep: 9
  • "I HATE SEBASTIAN COE!"
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2021
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: TheRoboteer#8784
Re: MyLifeIsIn8Bit - Showcase
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2020, 09:11:18 AM »
Reiterating what I said in my previous comment. Really impressive work for a newcomer here. If I saw these in a tournament I'd assume they were built by someone who's been active on the forums for some time. Fuse would definitely benefit from a bump in skin resolution up to 1024x1024 or something like that but other than that it's a slick looking bot.

The extenderbot tombclone is really nicely executed too. I tend not to be a fan of tombclones but you've done a good job of making this one look sturdy and also relatively unique for such a common design. Your usage of polycarb is particularly nice as that's something that people so often mess up IMO. In terms of combat effectiveness it probably won't be particularly effective as you've noted, but for a second extenderbot it's really impressive in terms of looking like a well-thought-out design executed by someone who actually knows what they were doing.

Keep up the good work!
Notable Tournament Performances:
The Beginner's Guide to IRL:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/tutorials-and-tips/irl-a-beginner's-guide

Offline F1Krazy

• Put me on a pedestal and I'll only disappoint you
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 4
  • Tell me I'm exceptional, I promise to exploit you
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2020, 09:31:18 AM »
and hope to see you entering tournaments soon!
Ok, so this might be a stupid question, but how do I? Do I just message the tournament host on Discord?

Most tournament hosts will state in the signups thread how they want entries to be sent to them. Discord is a safe bet, but you can usually also message them here on GTM and send the bot file as an attachment.

Fuse and Bramall are looking pretty good, btw. Bramall's design may be simple, but it's nice and clean, and I like the multicoloured bar.
My DSL Showcase

Offline MyLifeIsIn8

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2020, 05:59:59 AM »
Fuse would definitely benefit from a bump in skin resolution up to 1024x1024 or something like that but other than that it's a slick looking bot.

What a numpty I am, said I would start doing it then forget to do it on the very next bot. I went back and fixed it.

Offline Virus Bomb

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2020, 01:48:54 AM »
really like bramall :thumbup

Offline Wambo

• Beetleweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2020, 07:47:10 AM »
Robots, that are yellow and red make me always think of McDonald's.