Author Topic: KingofKings696 Showcase  (Read 10839 times)

Offline KingofKings696

• Antweight
  • Rep: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
KingofKings696 Showcase
« on: July 23, 2015, 08:12:00 AM »
Heres my first to the fray. Its a VS with 12 ants 2 npcf and perm 132 weapon motor.  The last image I removed the wings so you could see that there are no collisions or parts intersecting. Only thing that maybe considered bad Id think is the motors sticking through on the rear? Even after going overboard with adding stuff as originally bot was too heavy to stuff down into MW and way too light as it was to fit into true HW I had to get creative to get it to fit in its weight class better. The dustpan front actually works well against HS and Shell spinners as it has a high chance of them getting stuck between those sheets and slows their blade long enough that I can render it useless. Also I realize 12 ants are overkill for this design I had small gaps of unused space where I really couldnt find a use so I filled her up she needed the weight behind the blade anyways.

Offline Jakewilliamson

• Founder of Yugioh Robotics
  • Middleweight
  • Rep: 0
  • Fully Charged!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: KingofKings696 Showcase
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 08:29:46 AM »

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
  • Rep: 3
    • Badnik96GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • BattleBots Wiki
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 08:34:10 AM »
The tornado spikes are unneeded and eating up a lot of weight. You also don't have many weapons for a heavyweight VS. Take a look at Craaig's showcase, he's pretty much got the art of DSL VS down. Just scroll back a few pages because most of his new stuff is IRL and not standard.

Offline KingofKings696

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 09:34:24 AM »
Here is my attempt at a support... I think it looks horrible. I tried to look at craigs for the supports and I dont know if Im fully grasping the concept on how to make aesthetically pleasing supports.

Offline KingofKings696

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2015, 09:41:46 AM »
I also made this little guy but I need your guys help trying to make a way to keep the blade up as I cant even place another base plate connector on it. I have tried a caster or even bringing the flipper segment down but then itll lean at a funky angle. Ive even tried to base plate castors and they just cause the wheels to lift off the ground while driving. I have ti5 armour(only cause I was going for a BW but couldnt remember weight limits and needed to push it to LW for now. It is slightly underpowered with only 2 ants but thats all that would fit in my chassis and the control board does not touch the beater bars.

Offline Avalanche

• Retired.
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: -34
  • Yeah, I don't know why I'm still here either.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: ThePootisPower#8377
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2015, 09:57:14 AM »
I dont really have a recommendation for that, but I think the best solution would be to rebuild the bot in such a way to raise the drum slightly upwards.
Former DSL HW champion.
Runner-Up in The Cybernetic Colosseum HW division.
Semi-finalist in RNP: Sword of Glory.
Robogames 1 BW Runner-up.
Professional cunt.
Man of a thousand alt accounts.

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
    • Badnik96GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • BattleBots Wiki
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2015, 10:01:27 AM »
Lower the drive on your lightweight. Mags are overkill. Then use the extra weight to keep the drum from hitting the ground. I'd recommend using multi-extenders and not baseplate anchors, that should free up some more space.

You've gotten chassis space down though, that's good. Most newbies don't know how to do that.

Offline Shield

• The question isn't who will let me.
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 8
  • It's who will stop me.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2015, 10:01:50 AM »
Use Multi extenders. (the black and red small one)

for keeping the drum up youll need to free up quite a lot of weight. your options are a robot X caster on the top and bottom, or using a teeth or weapon. but, if you can find a different way from these two, it's prob more preferable
beep beep

Offline KingofKings696

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2015, 10:17:33 AM »
Reason I have them at that height was I wanted it to be invertible.  Also for motors what would you suggest? I liked the speed it had. Also as far as the VS is that what yall meant by support? Also if it is what can I do to make it look better?

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
    • Badnik96GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • BattleBots Wiki
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2015, 10:56:05 AM »
Using slimbody motors and some similarly sized, grippier wheels (like Vlad wheels for example) will give you some empty space to play around with. As will using multi-extenders to mount your support on. Clear out the empty space once you do that and you should have weight for the standoffs you need.

Offline Reier

• Rieir
  • Rep: 8
  • I GOT 3RD IN RAW1
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
  • Awards old BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2015, 12:21:23 PM »
are you going for IRL or efficiency on these? the advice will differ depending on your goals.
ALERT- Another WS coming up...
voted best bot builder two times and counting babayy. the best ra2 builder who has never won an actual tournament match
ReiAI pack for Ironforge
My drawings, and my webcomics
Why online PVP will save RA2
The problem with competitive IRL in RA2
I'm fine with hugging reier

Offline Naryar

• Rep: 21
  • hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2015, 12:30:58 PM »
he going for dsl-s apparently

Offline KingofKings696

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2015, 04:59:59 PM »
Im trying to get as close to IRL as I can without having to BFE and with being horrible and making supports...

Offline KingofKings696

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2015, 06:16:07 PM »
Rework of my drumbot failed so I came up with a MW flipper Meet B52 and all his unoriginalness. I am debating on making him into a multibot. He has NPCF drive beta burst weapon and 5 battlepacls amd a black batt. Flipper will get HW bots OOTA but he wears down and flipper gets weak after 2 and a half minute mark.

Offline cephalopod

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2015, 06:27:24 PM »
Hi there I am Craaig.
One thing I will say is you really gotta make clear on what kinda building style you're going for (check out this guide) as if you fancy going the IRL route it's basically necessary to build axle supports on perm motors (IRL bots don't have floating axles like my middleweight DSL-S/Standard VSs do).

To see what Badnik means by my standard/DSL-S VS, check out this one. My personal favourite and a good example of the balance supports I choose to use rather than the skirts under your weapon which may hinder your ability to hit stuff.

Also remember any spin motor (spin motors only) can be powered by a single ant battery in DSL, although it's good practice to throw an extra in too, so for your flipper, throw 2 ant batteries in and make sure the rest of the batteries make up the amps required to run the burst.
bristol bot builders / two headed death flamingo / snappy robots
//
kindest and friendliest '13, '15, '16, '17 / favourite staff member '14, '15

Offline KingofKings696

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2015, 07:11:14 AM »
I used the largest batteries I could fit to attempt to get the amps I needed for that power hungry flipper. Also as far as the support I see the dual perm and the mount coming up but I do not see the opposite side where I could see this axle support you are speaking of? Could you please explain a little bit more are you simply saying just put an free spin axle thingy up to the side away from the motor?

Offline Avalanche

• Retired.
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: -34
  • Yeah, I don't know why I'm still here either.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: ThePootisPower#8377
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2015, 08:28:49 AM »
Basically, place some extenders or whatever you wish to use to look like a support for the axle, instead of it just floating in the air. Rather than surrounding it, place it right up next to the actual axle, close as possible.
I recommend reading through other members showcases to get a good example, because I know I dont do it well.
Former DSL HW champion.
Runner-Up in The Cybernetic Colosseum HW division.
Semi-finalist in RNP: Sword of Glory.
Robogames 1 BW Runner-up.
Professional cunt.
Man of a thousand alt accounts.

Offline KingofKings696

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2015, 09:41:55 AM »
Ah see now that makes sense.

Offline cephalopod

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2015, 02:49:12 PM »
I used the largest batteries I could fit to attempt to get the amps I needed for that power hungry flipper. Also as far as the support I see the dual perm and the mount coming up but I do not see the opposite side where I could see this axle support you are speaking of? Could you please explain a little bit more are you simply saying just put an free spin axle thingy up to the side away from the motor?

On that bot, I'm not - it's a DSL-S or Standard bot, not IRL, which means the realism rules are relaxed slightly (again, check the building style guide I linked.) The reason I posted that bot is to show you how I balance my Standard Vertical Spinners.
The bot I posted would never be considered IRL due to the weak/thinness of many external components and the lack of motor/axle support.
bristol bot builders / two headed death flamingo / snappy robots
//
kindest and friendliest '13, '15, '16, '17 / favourite staff member '14, '15

Offline KingofKings696

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2015, 10:48:59 AM »
Big Bang Theory has 6 ants 4 twm drive dual perm with a tribar setup with 70kg hammers for the most concussion I could achieve.  Also has ti3 armour. Very strong bot throws bots far enough that it can get back up to speed and with the hammers self rights consistently so no need for a srimech. Corners of bot are designed so tribar clears chassis all the way round.