Author Topic: Jonzu's DSL Projects  (Read 120681 times)

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
  • Rep: 3
    • Badnik96GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • BattleBots Wiki
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
Re: Jonzu's DSL Projects
« Reply #920 on: March 19, 2016, 09:29:09 AM »
eh it's just a really generic circle with a spinner. doesnt really pop out at all.

Offline Jonzu95

• Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: -27
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #921 on: August 06, 2016, 11:58:04 AM »
how do i dsl 2.2 standard

Speed Queen, 796.7kg (10mm Titanium)

do i still have the building skills? yeah i think i still have the skills. we'll see how i'll do against badger.

Offline FOTEPX

• Your dad
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 5
  • Thank you, meow.
    • Bamzookiman130
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Shima33 #9110
« Reply #922 on: August 06, 2016, 12:11:39 PM »
Welcome back, broseph.

Razors/Irons are incredibly nerfed by the fact that weapons with normals have DP through the roof. I recommend replacing all the razors with axe heads, and because you (should) have a copy of RA2CF, it should be pretty easy.

Currently listening to: Marblehead Johnson - The Bluetones

Offline 090901

• alcoholic in denial
  • Rep: 22
  • :mrgreen:
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 GTMCS2 Divison Winner GTMCS Division Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #923 on: August 06, 2016, 12:31:02 PM »
what the christ are you doing wasting that much weight on steel extenders around the bot that do nothing and having no top/bottom armour

Offline FOTEPX

• Your dad
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Thank you, meow.
    • Bamzookiman130
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #924 on: August 06, 2016, 12:47:23 PM »
what the christ are you doing wasting that much weight on steel extenders around the bot that do nothing and having no top/bottom armour

Oh yeah, that's another thing - half-plates covering the bottom of your robot don't work any more. You need to use the new, thicc DSL 2.2 armour plates

Offline R01

• Heavyweight
  • Rep: 1
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #925 on: August 06, 2016, 03:03:48 PM »
Welcome back, broseph.

Razors/Irons are incredibly nerfed by the fact that weapons with normals have DP through the roof. I recommend replacing all the razors with axe heads, and because you (should) have a copy of RA2CF, it should be pretty easy.
Were they really nerfed that bad in DSl 2.2? And why do half plates no longer work?

As for the bot, it looks surprisingly small for a HW but that's just like the stock bots, all those fancy weapons taking the weight.
Was going to mention this before, but other users did. Looks like it's food for plow hammers and popups, having extra protection on the top and bottom sure would help(and not just a small plate, most likely titanium since polycarb doesn't seem to last too long, unless you want to increase it's DPS.)

I disagree with @090901 however, having side armor can help when getting thrown around by spinners/slow turning(which your bot seems to have, guessing how the wheels are very close to eachother) back armor can be good if your bot gets flipped, so that's definitely not useless but might need a little downgrade to titanium.
Tournament History:
Showcases:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=18882.0
https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=19197.0

Offline 090901

• alcoholic in denial
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 GTMCS2 Divison Winner GTMCS Division Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #926 on: August 06, 2016, 03:10:34 PM »
I disagree with @090901 however, having side armor can help when getting thrown around by spinners/slow turning(which your bot seems to have, guessing how the wheels are very close to eachother) back armor can be good if your bot gets flipped, so that's definitely not useless but might need a little downgrade to titanium.
No, extenders are terrible for armour as they have a poor HP per KG. There is a reason why armour plates, skirts, and etc exist. He's probably used more in weight for the extenders than he has for weapons.

Offline Jonzu95

• Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #927 on: August 06, 2016, 03:19:46 PM »
No, extenders are terrible for armour as they have a poor HP per KG. There is a reason why armour plates, skirts, and etc exist. He's probably used more in weight for the extenders than he has for weapons.
Well it's too late for that. I haven't played RA2 much lately anyway so you can't expect a miracle from me

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • I wish to be with my people
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2019
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #928 on: August 06, 2016, 03:27:27 PM »
Pretty sure he just showcased this to get me to show him my challenge bot, so he could counter it. He told me this was his challenge bot but he submitted a hammer :P

Anyway, what the others said. Not much you can do with rammers tho, they get raped 99/100 times by anything with a wedge. You wasted an ungodly amount of weight on extenders too
also lol at most toxic guy around calling others out on this sh**
Google Drive with my newer bots

Offline R01

• Heavyweight
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #929 on: August 06, 2016, 04:26:22 PM »
Guess that's true, best would still be to put on armor but idk if there's height for that with that design. Also I'm not 100% sure if using the super light carbon fiber extenders or aluminium would be good, other components still seem to get shock damage so having your armor fall off because of weak extenders isn't what you want.

Pretty sure he just showcased this to get me to show him my challenge bot, so he could counter it. He told me this was his challenge bot but he submitted a hammer :P

Anyway, what the others said. Not much you can do with rammers tho, they get raped 99/100 times by anything with a wedge. You wasted an ungodly amount of weight on extenders too
He did say that was his challenge bot? :P
Tournament History:
Showcases:

Offline FOTEPX

• Your dad
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Thank you, meow.
    • Bamzookiman130
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #930 on: August 06, 2016, 04:43:13 PM »
Welcome back, broseph.

Were they really nerfed that bad in DSl 2.2? And why do half plates no longer work?

Yep, much better to use weapons with normals now, except in certain circumstances.

Half plates no longer work because... something something collision meshes.

Offline 090901

• alcoholic in denial
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #931 on: August 06, 2016, 05:29:37 PM »
Half plates haven't changed at all from DSL 2.1. They are still the same where you can't use them with a minimum height chassis

Offline FOTEPX

• Your dad
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Thank you, meow.
    • Bamzookiman130
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #932 on: August 06, 2016, 05:52:36 PM »
Half plates haven't changed at all from DSL 2.1. They are still the same where you can't use them with a minimum height chassis

I know, I'm on about the protection they offer - from what I've experienced, using them as bottom protection is no longer viable, for whatever reason - armour plating is the only thing that seems to work. Test it for yourself, and let me know the results.

Offline R01

• Heavyweight
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #933 on: August 06, 2016, 07:32:15 PM »
Haven't really used them but why can't you use them on minimum height? unless you mean BFE minimum height.
Tournament History:
Showcases:

Offline Jonzu95

• Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #934 on: August 20, 2016, 08:36:35 PM »
I have revived the classic. <3 (171.4kg & 3mm Titanium)

Baron was the Robot Rampage Series 5-8 Beetleweight champion.
https://gametechmods.com/uploads/images/33929RobotRampage2.png

Offline R01

• Heavyweight
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #935 on: August 21, 2016, 06:31:41 AM »
Nice, without the info I would've thought it's a BW Backyard Ripper.
Tournament History:
Showcases:

Offline Jonzu95

• Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #936 on: August 21, 2016, 06:34:37 AM »
Forgot to add the insides.