Author Topic: Joelcool51 Showcase  (Read 4689 times)

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • I wish to be with my people
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2019
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Joelcool51 Showcase
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2019, 05:10:47 AM »
also lol at most toxic guy around calling others out on this sh**
Google Drive with my newer bots

Offline F1Krazy

• Put me on a pedestal and I'll only disappoint you
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 4
  • Tell me I'm exceptional, I promise to exploit you
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2019, 07:05:38 AM »
Small looks weird with all those boxes sticking out of the chassis. I get that they're to cover up components that are otherwise sticking out of the chassis, but couldn't you make a larger chassis? Or at the very least, try to make the boxes blend in more with the rest of the robot.

Abomination II, to be perfectly blunt, just looks ugly and messy. It looks like something cobbled together from bits of LEGO, rather than an actual robot. You should use a Perm to power the bar: it'd be much simpler and easier, and would make your bot more powerful and better-looking, since it wouldn't have that giant box sticking out of the front.

It seems like you're trying to make your chassis as small as possible, which is admirable, but you're making them too small and running out of space, hence all the ugly boxes sticking out all over the place. It's better to start with a chassis that's too large, and gradually shrink it down, than to start with a chassis that's too small and haphazardly try to cram as much as possible into it.
My DSL Showcase

Offline Billy5545

• Best Newcomer 2018
  • Rep: 4
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: Kendor#3191
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2019, 07:11:54 AM »
Small looks weird with all those boxes sticking out of the chassis. I get that they're to cover up components that are otherwise sticking out of the chassis, but couldn't you make a larger chassis? Or at the very least, try to make the boxes blend in more with the rest of the robot.

Abomination II, to be perfectly blunt, just looks ugly and messy. It looks like something cobbled together from bits of LEGO, rather than an actual robot. You should use a Perm to power the bar: it'd be much simpler and easier, and would make your bot more powerful and better-looking, since it wouldn't have that giant box sticking out of the front.

It seems like you're trying to make your chassis as small as possible, which is admirable, but you're making them too small and running out of space, hence all the ugly boxes sticking out all over the place. It's better to start with a chassis that's too large, and gradually shrink it down, than to start with a chassis that's too small and haphazardly try to cram as much as possible into it.
For what F1 said, agreed. Both bots initially have exposed motor and for SMALL also batteries too before I said that they should be fixed, hence the motor box

Offline joelcool51

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2019, 07:16:44 AM »
I modify SMALL for the gladiator's row the first version have uncovered motor and look like better in my opinion but not really realistic for the event thats why i cover them

Im agreed with all of you