Author Topic: Hoppin's Robots that are DSL  (Read 80269 times)

Offline TheRoboteer

• Mr Big Blue Flipper
  • Rep: 9
  • "I HATE SEBASTIAN COE!"
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2021
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: TheRoboteer#8784
Re: Hoppin's DSL Bot Showcase
« Reply #80 on: March 27, 2017, 03:56:32 AM »
That looks really nice actually. Could benefit from DSCs IRL extender packs, and BFEing the axe to swing 180 degrees, but the core design is solid.

How wiuld i bfe the axe though, i cant find anything that tells me how to do it
https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=16471.msg646794#msg646794
Notable Tournament Performances:
The Beginner's Guide to IRL:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/tutorials-and-tips/irl-a-beginner's-guide

Offline Hoppin

• I save GTM
  • Rep: 10
  • -rep TheRoboteer. "queermint"
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Hoppin#0013
« Reply #81 on: April 06, 2017, 12:00:54 PM »
Tri-Terra is a LW flipper, can self right. Any suggestions?

Tri-Terra Outer:

Tri-Terra Inner:
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 02:23:43 PM by Hoppin »
Things I did & done

Offline jdg37

• Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
  • I got kids
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: April 06, 2017, 02:05:06 PM »
Solid, tight little build. What's the armor?

Suggestions would be to try skinning it (could be a fantastic bot w/ a good skin), otherwise you might consider downgrading drive motors for astros and try to fit in another ant (that flipper will drain your batteries fast), though that suggestion is made w/o knowledge of armor.

Update: what extenders are you using, since I see 2 colors?

Offline Hoppin

• I save GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: April 06, 2017, 04:16:33 PM »
Solid, tight little build. What's the armor?

Suggestions would be to try skinning it (could be a fantastic bot w/ a good skin), otherwise you might consider downgrading drive motors for astros and try to fit in another ant (that flipper will drain your batteries fast), though that suggestion is made w/o knowledge of armor.

Update: what extenders are you using, since I see 2 colors?

It's Pl10 and the extenders are Ti whilst the top ones are Al with self righting. As for skinning, working on it  :dumb)

Updated:

Outer

Inner

« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 02:24:08 PM by Hoppin »
Things I did & done

Offline Philippa

• The Queen of GTM
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • ✊ Viva la Standard! ✊
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: April 06, 2017, 04:37:13 PM »
Pretty ugly, not gonna lie. The older version had a sloped back which wasn't as bad.

Offline Hoppin

• I save GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: April 17, 2017, 02:25:22 PM »
Ok so... Hows it going?

I made a recreation of the robot, bigger brother (S5 Onward), feedback appreciated.

Outer 1:

Outer 2:

Inner:
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 02:25:02 PM by Hoppin »
Things I did & done

Offline Avalanche

• Retired.
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: -34
  • Yeah, I don't know why I'm still here either.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: ThePootisPower#8377
« Reply #86 on: April 17, 2017, 03:46:41 PM »
Pretty damn neat. Maybe a little small for MW but it does the job well and it looks neat.
Former DSL HW champion.
Runner-Up in The Cybernetic Colosseum HW division.
Semi-finalist in RNP: Sword of Glory.
Robogames 1 BW Runner-up.
Professional cunt.
Man of a thousand alt accounts.

Offline Philippa

• The Queen of GTM
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • ✊ Viva la Standard! ✊
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: April 17, 2017, 04:02:11 PM »
Coolio. :thumbup

Offline Hoppin

• I save GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: April 18, 2017, 01:34:50 PM »
Finally a front hinged flipper, this is Inferno IV. Very Firestorm like I know. Would also like to change the flipper shape a bit or make it look cleaner. Any suggestions let me know.

Outer 1:

Outer 2:

Inner:

« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 02:25:34 PM by Hoppin »
Things I did & done

Offline TheRoboteer

• Mr Big Blue Flipper
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: April 18, 2017, 01:46:51 PM »
I like it. Flipper DOES look a little messy though, and is probably pretty underpowered too. Most lightweight front hingers I've seen use more than a VDMA front hinge burst, so on a middleweight it probably won't be enough. You should probably get DSCs IRL extender packs and make the flipper yellow at the very least, but making the transition from one plate to the other less obvious/jarring would probably help with the appearance too.

Offline Hoppin

• I save GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #90 on: April 18, 2017, 03:03:45 PM »
I like it. Flipper DOES look a little messy though, and is probably pretty underpowered too. Most lightweight front hingers I've seen use more than a VDMA front hinge burst, so on a middleweight it probably won't be enough. You should probably get DSCs IRL extender packs and make the flipper yellow at the very least, but making the transition from one plate to the other less obvious/jarring would probably help with the appearance too.

Ok, so I've made the flipper cleaner and am working on making another version of Inferno with with storm burst motor and a thinner panel, just have issues fitting in the batteries.

And where can I download the IRL extenders pack?

Inferno V:
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 02:25:55 PM by Hoppin »
Things I did & done

Offline Dark-Al

• That guy who makes long posts.
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: 2
  • That's not how you build a Hydraulic crusher mate
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #91 on: April 18, 2017, 03:23:17 PM »
Here's the IRL extenders download Hoppin: https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=286.
Yes, I do like the chassis paint job but the flipper could use a little beauty treatment like using the extender pack combined with the armor pack if do please, or just use the extenders. Sometimes I find it best to connect the chisels to a single skin hinge so you can adjust the ground clearance to get under other Robots easier. Just don't make it too low otherwise your Bot will be hanging off the floor. Also try using TWM3R for the drive. It may give lower drive power than the ones you're currently using, but this will give you enough weight spare to add better armor or a storm (VDMA) front hinge burst piston if your intention is to make a middle weight. But do keep up the good work. Also what Armour are you using?

Offline TheRoboteer

• Mr Big Blue Flipper
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: April 18, 2017, 03:28:06 PM »

Ok, so I've made the flipper cleaner and am working on making another version of Inferno with with storm burst motor and a thinner panel, just have issues fitting in the batteries.

And where can I download the IRL extenders pack?

Inferno V:
That looks a lot better. Switch those armour panels to yellow and you'll be set.

Offline Hoppin

• I save GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: April 18, 2017, 04:40:01 PM »
Here's the IRL extenders download Hoppin: https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=286.
Yes, I do like the chassis paint job but the flipper could use a little beauty treatment like using the extender pack combined with the armor pack if do please, or just use the extenders. Sometimes I find it best to connect the chisels to a single skin hinge so you can adjust the ground clearance to get under other Robots easier. Just don't make it too low otherwise your Bot will be hanging off the floor. Also try using TWM3R for the drive. It may give lower drive power than the ones you're currently using, but this will give you enough weight spare to add better armor or a storm (VDMA) front hinge burst piston if your intention is to make a middle weight. But do keep up the good work. Also what Armour are you using?

Thanks Dark-Al, ok so new flipper slightly thinner but still works well. Was able to keep the drive and increase the weapon (But I have made two other versions with each of these separate features, low drive & high power weapon then vice versa. The flippers now red. Finally it's Pl10. Batteries might be lack luster though no too sure.

Inferno VI:
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 02:26:11 PM by Hoppin »
Things I did & done

Offline Dark-Al

• That guy who makes long posts.
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: 2
  • That's not how you build a Hydraulic crusher mate
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: April 19, 2017, 07:19:01 AM »

Thanks Dark-Al, ok so new flipper slightly thinner but still works well. Was able to keep the drive and increase the weapon (But I have made two other versions with each of these separate features, low drive & high power weapon then vice versa. The flippers now red. Finally it's Pl10. Batteries might be lack luster though no too sure.

Inferno VI:
Well with some of those extenders, you make much nicer connecters to any Robots. Good choice for the Armour and switching the basic VDMA with a Storm VDMA, it much better in terms of power and with the battery power look fine. For the Armour, Plastic 10 can with stand a beating but still handy to use. But it's up to you if you ever want to enter either version to a tournament, I'm just giving advice. 

Offline Hoppin

• I save GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: April 20, 2017, 02:04:41 PM »
Hi, so I've made a horizontal clamp bot thought it'd be fun. It's pl10 and now weights 395.5 due to adding steel hookings on the top bit to the arms, and removing the front ones on the chassis and the Al extenders they were connected to. The main issue with it atm is there's nothing I can really do to deal with spinners. Oh and it's called Big Meaty Claws...

Outer:

Inner:
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 02:26:29 PM by Hoppin »
Things I did & done

Offline Gulden

• Am I still considered active?
  • Rep: 7
  • Currently trying to make a Riff in Time and Space.
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Gulden#1901
« Reply #96 on: April 20, 2017, 02:06:55 PM »
Love the claw setup.  I feel like it could have better drive.  Then it could perhaps boxrush spinners.  Sadly, then you'll have to pretty much remake the entire thing...
I have several opinions.

Offline Hoppin

• I save GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: April 20, 2017, 05:56:27 PM »
Love the claw setup.  I feel like it could have better drive.  Then it could perhaps boxrush spinners.  Sadly, then you'll have to pretty much remake the entire thing...

Honestly i dont mind, another idea i had was that i could increase the chassis height a bit to add some armour plates.
Things I did & done

Offline TheRoboteer

• Mr Big Blue Flipper
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: April 20, 2017, 06:20:45 PM »

Honestly i dont mind, another idea i had was that i could increase the chassis height a bit to add some armour plates.

You might be able to fit 4 wheel drive slimbodies in there. I used them on a CW and it was pretty nippy, so on a MW it should be nice and quick.

Offline Hoppin

• I save GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: April 22, 2017, 03:12:16 PM »
Ok so I've made a clamp bot, but this one is vertical.

It's pl10

Problems ive identified: Lack of batteries, fixing it now.

Cobros Outer:

Corbros Inner:
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 02:27:21 PM by Hoppin »
Things I did & done