Author Topic: Herpaderp's RA2 DSL Showcase  (Read 16254 times)

Offline FightingBotInformal

• wait, i'm still here?
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -12
  • how tf did i even remember my password lol
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: meet me at RA2 central ig
Re: Updated Brute
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2017, 02:04:25 AM »

should i go through my showcase and get rid of the spoiler tags? i mean the whole point of me not posting them all in one post was so it wouldn't lag the showcase to oblivion.
Hey, bot looks pretty solid! I suggest you should, you can use the image resizer link I gave to resize your previous pics.
my weeb headass with my anime avatar is gone

hmu on discord for anime or music recommendations or to talk ab some sports sh** idk

Offline Herpaderp64

• AOD Replica's FTW
  • Beetleweight
  • Rep: 0
  • *insert dank memes here*
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
Re: Updated Brute
« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2017, 02:48:32 AM »

should i go through my showcase and get rid of the spoiler tags? i mean the whole point of me not posting them all in one post was so it wouldn't lag the showcase to oblivion.
Hey, bot looks pretty solid! I suggest you should, you can use the image resizer link I gave to resize your previous pics.

right got it will go through and delete the spoiler tags however doesn't the forum already automatically resize to 700 max pixel size?
That guy that listens to your opinion about how to improve his bot but half the time doesn't change anything anyway.

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • I wish to be with my people
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2019
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Herpaderp's RA2 DSL Showcase
« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2017, 03:37:58 AM »

right got it will go through and delete the spoiler tags however doesn't the forum already automatically resize to 700 max pixel size?
It makes the pic smaller on your screen, it doesn't remove pixels from the image. It doesn't make large images load faster.
also lol at most toxic guy around calling others out on this sh**
Google Drive with my newer bots

Offline Herpaderp64

• AOD Replica's FTW
  • Beetleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2017, 03:56:46 AM »

It makes the pic smaller on your screen, it doesn't remove pixels from the image. It doesn't make large images load faster.

oh ok i'll redo all my bot images then when i have the time
That guy that listens to your opinion about how to improve his bot but half the time doesn't change anything anyway.

Offline Herpaderp64

• AOD Replica's FTW
  • Beetleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Malicious wrath 4
« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2017, 07:20:03 AM »
Another bot i originally made on the robot wars mod if you couldn't tell from the name it is related to malicious intent as in its supposed to be like its big brother, it was originally a sloped full body spinner on the robot wars mod however it was unnecessarily large and obstructed weapons.

I rebuilt it as more of a flat sided spinner however a problem with malicous wrath 2 was it tended to mauler itself when it was flipped which normally ended with it either immobilized or oota.

Malicious wrath 3 was more or less the same as 2 but with a pole on the top so it could self right (wasn't very reliable but it was the only thing i could do)

Then i built MR4 on dsl and i think i got it right as it rarely does a mauler now and even when it does its invertable so it really does not affect it

Armor: 10mm plasitc
weapon:Spinning ring (i guess?) with interchangeable teeth
Drive: 4 TWMR motors powering 4 pussycat wheels
Power: 2 sealed lead acid batteries plus battery pack
Cost: 36 minutes
Notes: does not like axe bots

• wait, i'm still here?
  • Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: August 08, 2017, 07:23:27 AM »
A 4WD shell spinner? No. Just, no. 2WD is the better option as you can attach more weapons or a more powerful weapon motor. Sorry for n00b advice, if it offended anyone.

hmu on discord for anime or music recommendations or to talk ab some sports sh** idk

Offline Herpaderp64

• AOD Replica's FTW
  • Beetleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: August 08, 2017, 07:27:27 AM »
A 4WD shell spinner? No. Just, no. 2WD is the better option as you can attach more weapons or a more powerful weapon motor. Sorry for n00b advice, if it offended anyone.

yeah....the problem there is i have another bot which is a full body spinner and it has 2 wheels and it can only drive in circles constantly even though the motors are perfectly lined up and centered so sorry if im put off using 2wd for these bots, i am not going through that again i hope you understand.

ps: the weapon motor is a 6 mag gearbox so it has enough power as it is without taking off and becoming a ufo and about the weapons i find having more than 4 large teeth tends to make it so they just graze off the opposing robot instead of hitting them directly.

• wait, i'm still here?
  • Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: August 08, 2017, 07:31:08 AM »

yeah....the problem there is i have another bot which is a full body spinner and it has 2 wheels and it can only drive in circles constanty even though the motors are perfectly lined up and centered so sorry if im put off using 2wd for these bots, i am not going through that again i hope you understand
If it would be 2WD, I would suggest not attaching them parallel to each other, I'd suggest instead attaching it like this (to at least make it more controllable):
https://wiki.gametechmods.com/index.php?title=Blah

Offline Herpaderp64

• AOD Replica's FTW
  • Beetleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: August 08, 2017, 07:35:19 AM »

yeah....the problem there is i have another bot which is a full body spinner and it has 2 wheels and it can only drive in circles constanty even though the motors are perfectly lined up and centered so sorry if im put off using 2wd for these bots, i am not going through that again i hope you understand

If it would be 2WD, I would suggest not attaching them parallel to each other, I'd suggest instead attaching it like this (to at least make it more controllable):

so basically like typhoon 2? i always wondered why their wheels were not centered with eachother  :baffled:

• wait, i'm still here?
  • Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: August 08, 2017, 07:39:11 AM »

so basically like typhoon 2? i always wondered why their wheels were not centered with eachother  :baffled:
Yes, Typhoon 2 had the same 4WD setup as yours, but that doesn't mean your bot's necessarily that good. Also, is it HW or MW? I cannot even see the bot's weight.

Offline Herpaderp64

• AOD Replica's FTW
  • Beetleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: August 08, 2017, 07:42:36 AM »

Yes, Typhoon 2 had the same 4WD setup as yours, but that doesn't mean your bot's necessarily that good. Also, is it HW or MW? I cannot even see the bot's weight.

no i meant typhoon 2 having a 2 wheel setup at least on the robot wars mod it did last time i checked my mistake if it didn't and MR4 is a heavyweight

Offline cephalopod

« Reply #71 on: August 08, 2017, 07:52:57 AM »
If it's an irl bot there is 0 wrong with 4wd. In fact it can often look way cooler, plus much more weaponry on that ring would look off if irl.
bristol bot builders / two headed death flamingo / snappy robots
//
kindest and friendliest '13, '15, '16, '17 / favourite staff member '14, '15

Offline Herpaderp64

• AOD Replica's FTW
  • Beetleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: August 08, 2017, 07:57:34 AM »
If it's an irl bot there is 0 wrong with 4wd. In fact it can often look way cooler, plus much more weaponry on that ring would look off if irl.

is it irl though? because i wanted an invertable spinner like this since i was watching the adot irl tournament crusierweight eliminators and saw an invertable shell bot but had no idea how he did it...do they just overlook the fact the ring through the wheels or is it because its on the inside so it doesn't really matter?

Offline cephalopod

« Reply #73 on: August 08, 2017, 07:59:52 AM »
So basically as we all know ring spinners like speed squared, that one with the flipper on top from years ago etc are impossible in ra2 so we've sort of adopted a rule where ring spinners like that are allowed to have the disc clip through the wheels for irl
bristol bot builders / two headed death flamingo / snappy robots
//
kindest and friendliest '13, '15, '16, '17 / favourite staff member '14, '15

Offline Herpaderp64

• AOD Replica's FTW
  • Beetleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: August 08, 2017, 08:16:09 AM »
So basically as we all know ring spinners like speed squared, that one with the flipper on top from years ago etc are impossible in ra2 so we've sort of adopted a rule where ring spinners like that are allowed to have the disc clip through the wheels for irl

thanks for that nice to know  ;)

Offline Herpaderp64

• AOD Replica's FTW
  • Beetleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Do A Barrel Roll
« Reply #75 on: August 08, 2017, 10:34:02 AM »
ok so this next post is my first clusterbot Do A and Barrel Roll.

so i was watching some of mystrsycko's live review video's on series 4 of robot wars (if you don't know who he is he basically reviews and ends up roasting the hell out of half the competitors in his video's and i haven't laughed so hard watching anything to do with robot wars and battlebots in so long anyway back on topic) and i saw gemini and thought i need to make something like that on dsl because it might do well but more importantly it would be fun to build a clusterbot as i have never until now attempted it.

Do a

Armor: 5mm aluminum
Weapon: Rear hinged storm flipper
Drive: 2x piglet brushless motors (changed to slim bodies because im an idiot)
Power: 2x sealed lead acid batteries
Cost: 20 minutes
Notes: i hate batteries

Barrel Roll

Armor: 5mm titanium
Weapon:Rear hinged storm flipper
Drive: 2x piglet brushless motors (changed to slim bodies because im an idiot)
Power: 4x battery packs
Cost: 25 minutes
Notes: again i hate batteries

Edit: ok so Barrel roll more or less ran out of power just before the match ended without spamming the flipper and if i know anything about the ai they love spamming weapons so i somehow managed to find an area where i was able to fin a lead acid battery in where it would fit irl rules

« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 11:08:15 AM by Herpaderp64 »

Offline Hoppin

• I save GTM
  • Rep: 10
  • -rep TheRoboteer. "queermint"
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Hoppin#0013
« Reply #76 on: August 08, 2017, 10:42:42 AM »
Pretty good, but couple of notes.

Piglet drive is a no, as they are weapon motors and don't have torque etc. Recommend changing them to slimbodys. Also I think maybe a front hinged flipper would be better as they are a fair few rear hinged flipper cluster bots but hey that's just me. But still great bar piglet drives :)
Things I did & done

Offline Herpaderp64

• AOD Replica's FTW
  • Beetleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: August 08, 2017, 10:54:23 AM »
Pretty good, but couple of notes.

Piglet drive is a no, as they are weapon motors and don't have torque etc. Recommend changing them to slimbodys. Also I think maybe a front hinged flipper would be better as they are a fair few rear hinged flipper cluster bots but hey that's just me. But still great bar piglet drives :)

lol i thought piglet drives were drive motors  :facepalm:

Offline TheRoboteer

• Mr Big Blue Flipper
  • Rep: 9
  • "I HATE SEBASTIAN COE!"
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2021
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: TheRoboteer#8784
« Reply #78 on: August 08, 2017, 11:01:43 AM »
I like it. The way you've angled the backs of them so they mesh together is super neat. Like Hoppin says though, piglet motors for drive is a big no-no. Try to switch to Slimbodies or TWMR Drives.
Notable Tournament Performances:
The Beginner's Guide to IRL:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/tutorials-and-tips/irl-a-beginner's-guide

Offline Herpaderp64

• AOD Replica's FTW
  • Beetleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: August 08, 2017, 11:11:01 AM »
I like it. The way you've angled the backs of them so they mesh together is super neat. Like Hoppin says though, piglet motors for drive is a big no-no. Try to switch to Slimbodies or TWMR Drives.

already fixed my idiotic mistake they are much faster now so thanks for helping me with that both of you or i would have had the slowest clusterbot ever created  :facepalm:

Hopefully when i enter them into the next irl tournament they do well and by well i mean harass the living hell out of whatever they are drawn against and at the same time put on a great show