Author Topic: Hazardpuss going to school  (Read 1158 times)

Offline hazardpuss

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Hazardpuss going to school
« on: September 01, 2016, 06:16:00 PM »

my lw carbide rip-off
plastic 1 armor
2x heavy double sided teeth
1 dsl bar 20x120
2x twm3r drive
1x perm 80l

originally this was a mw with a wedge at the back with a ramming plate for armor and hypnodisc teeth on the bar, but it was `300kg so I stripped it down to make it light weight
now that I look at it I see that I could stack the batteries and make it not as wide so that I could have stronger armor, but this bot usually has its spinner break before the chassis as it is.

Offline hazardpuss

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Hazardpuss going to school
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 06:31:21 PM »

This is my heavyweight flipper that I use to get ring-outs

the beta bust motors are the spring loaded kind, the teeth are cutting teeth to stop bots that try to drive over me. (maybe I should mount one ripping tooth to the base-plate mount instead of the spike strip)

Offline Gulden

• Am I still considered active?
  • Rep: 7
  • Currently trying to make a Riff in Time and Space.
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Gulden#1901
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2016, 12:31:14 AM »
They're pretty good bots.

The spinner Looks very powerful, but I'd recommend different teeth.

The flipper is great, but I feal like the extra 2 flippers on the front might be a bit excessive, and the weight could be used in better armor.
However, I don't know how big of a boost they truly give, so this particular advice could be ignored.
I have several opinions.

Offline 090901

• alcoholic in denial
  • Rep: 22
  • :mrgreen:
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 GTMCS2 Divison Winner GTMCS Division Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2016, 01:22:03 AM »
lw's unrealistic as the spinner cuts into the perm
hw is way underpowered

Offline hazardpuss

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2016, 09:09:45 AM »
The heavyweight has slow drive so that I can drive it with my keyboard and be able to actually line up with the bots I am trying to launch.
If you mean that the flippers are not powerful enough I would welcome advice as to how to fix it
The small wedges are there to lower the ground clearance so that I go under just about everything. This includes the flipper in the practice area.

For the spinner I couldn't find a perm long enough for 120 long dsl bars. I will however take your advice in the sense that I will make space for where I would put the perm.
As for the teeth I am not sure what to say, the numbers looked the best but I will look at the dsl guide and change them

edit: If there was a Perm long enough I would be able to put the batteries under the chain. currently there isn't a whole lot that I can do about it.

According to Naryar, the teeth I am using are pretty good.

with the weight change from changing motors, I was able to upgrade to titanium 1

« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 09:54:32 AM by hazardpuss »

Offline 090901

• alcoholic in denial
  • Rep: 22
  • :mrgreen:
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 GTMCS2 Divison Winner GTMCS Division Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2016, 09:55:20 AM »
no, i meant you need more batteries

Offline hazardpuss

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2016, 01:25:53 PM »
How many batteries do I need for 2 betas and 2 npcs? I can try switching the front snappers with a skirt hinge, but the other things are kind of necessary

I found something interesting

I was working on something similar to the top rig and I found that it wasn't lifting nearly as much as it ought to, so I made the bottom rig and I found that the bottom rig with 1 vdma burst or 3 or 1 beta would not lift the lifter bar in the testing area. I then tried with a 144 titanium extender with a short titanium skirt on the end instead of the t-minus arm and found that it worked.

in conclusion t- minus arm is completely useless

Offline hazardpuss

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2016, 11:59:09 AM »
here is a functional version of mercury

obviously the part where the flipper intersects the piston is unrealistic, but I am still too salty about the T-minus arm not working that I don't feel like finding a realistic layout. It is lightweight which is nice, but unfortunately it gets rekt by scout. my suspicion is that the ai just wont let you get a good flip in so I don't know what I aught to do from here, I was hoping to be able to get ring-outs on lightweight bots, but this setup doesn't seem to work for that.