Author Topic: GIRTHQUAKE's DSL Showcase  (Read 15819 times)

Offline GIRTHQUAKE

• Antweight
  • Rep: 3
  • Awards HOW MANY SHRIMP DO YOU HAVE TO EAT BEFORE YOUR SKIN TURNS PINK Donated money for site hosting 2021
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: GIRTHQUAKE#8520
Re: GIRTHQUAKE's DSL Showcase
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2019, 04:34:18 AM »
I wanted to make a front hinge flipper. But im not a britbong, so this happened.

The Green Mile High Club

The Green Mile High Club.jpg

Offline Team Code Red Robotics

• Based
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -10
  • Based
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: Code#4035
« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2019, 10:35:13 AM »
I wanted to make a front hinge flipper. But im not a britbong, so this happened.

The Green Mile High Club

[ Quoting of attachment images from other messages is not allowed ]
You are getting good at this :thumbup
Based

Offline GIRTHQUAKE

• Antweight
  • Awards HOW MANY SHRIMP DO YOU HAVE TO EAT BEFORE YOUR SKIN TURNS PINK Donated money for site hosting 2021
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: April 25, 2019, 03:58:02 AM »

The Green Mile High Club

You are getting good at this :thumbup

I feel like im stagnating lol

There’s something I really love about your build style, but I can’t quite put my finger on it

GMHC looks great, but the rest is a bit too boxy for me

Is it because all of my bots are the same with different weapons? 2 npc, armor plate wedges, pointy bits for no reason

Offline GIRTHQUAKE

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2019, 10:30:15 PM »
This isn't my best work. I wanted to make a grinding drum spinner. The weight got out of hand, and so did the shape.

Wonder Wymins

wonderwymins.jpg

Update: The game crashed and I lost some progress. I forgot that I had moved some extenders around to add more mounting points for the weapon supports to the frame. I didn't notice until after I posted, Oops.

winimshelp.jpg

« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 10:55:05 PM by GIRTHQUAKE »

Offline TheRoboteer

• Mr Big Blue Flipper
  • Rep: 9
  • "I HATE SEBASTIAN COE!"
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2021
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: TheRoboteer#8784
« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2019, 10:34:44 PM »
This isn't my best work. I wanted to make a grinding drum spinner. The weight got out of hand, and so did the shape.

Wonder Wymins

Your panel work is really excellent for someone who's been on the forums as little time as you have
Notable Tournament Performances:
The Beginner's Guide to IRL:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/tutorials-and-tips/irl-a-beginner's-guide

Offline GIRTHQUAKE

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2019, 06:04:09 AM »
Since they aren't popular and I guess I'm a hipster or something, here is another attempt at a ring spinner. I know it could be shorter, but I wasn't going for short really. I also actually BFE this time.

Deep Blue Wreee

deep blue wreee.jpg

Update: My myspace angles were bad. Bonus round:

context.jpg

Offline Team Code Red Robotics

• Based
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -10
  • Based
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Code#4035
« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2019, 06:24:42 AM »
Since they aren't popular and I guess I'm a hipster or something, here is another attempt at a ring spinner. I know it could be shorter, but I wasn't going for short really. I also actually BFE this time.

Deep Blue Wreee

Is that a mech disc ring Spinner? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Based

Offline GIRTHQUAKE

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2019, 06:27:15 AM »

Deep Blue Wreee

Is that a mech disc ring Spinner? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It might as well be tbh

Offline Redalert

• The inventor of Wandering Spinners and invincirammers
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: -48
  • Yes, I’m an outsider.
    • View Profile
    • RedStorm's RA2 website
    • Awards
  • Discord: RedStorm
« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2019, 08:37:21 AM »

Deep Blue Wreee

I'll never be as good as you when it comes to IRL. You got looks down. I love it.

Offline GIRTHQUAKE

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2019, 02:00:47 PM »

Deep Blue Wreee

I'll never be as good as you when it comes to IRL. You got looks down. I love it.

Thank you, it's pretty subjective though, I find my bots to be fairly clunky. There's also a huge gap between chassis and extender bots as far as cosmetics go in my opinion

Offline GIRTHQUAKE

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2019, 05:46:19 AM »
This bot is very similar to other bots I've made, but it wasn't intentional, it was supposed to have an overhead srimech. For whatever reason, it didn't work at all. It had enough power to throw the robot in the air if I fired it right side up, but upside down it didn't do anything. I tried every burst up to medium wide, and the front hinges, and nothing worked. I liked to the robot and didn't feel like scrapping it, so I just gave up and made it an invertible regular angled spinner. So it's not very practical, but it's also not what it was intended to be.

Mistake

mistake.jpg

Mistake's original design

fsdfsadfasfdssfsdfdsfs.jpg

Offline GIRTHQUAKE

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: May 03, 2019, 09:43:23 PM »
I wanted to try and make a few non HW bots specifically for Billy's tournament and this was my first attempt. A MW version of Boogs, since I didn't enter HW Flickin Boogs, but it's probably my best bot, performance wise.

mini boogs.jpg

Offline Hoppin

• I save GTM
  • Rep: 10
  • -rep TheRoboteer. "queermint"
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Hoppin#0013
« Reply #72 on: May 05, 2019, 05:53:29 AM »
I wanted to try and make a few non HW bots specifically for Billy's tournament and this was my first attempt. A MW version of Boogs, since I didn't enter HW Flickin Boogs, but it's probably my best bot, performance wise.

Mini Boogs looks really solid.
Things I did & done

Offline GIRTHQUAKE

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: May 06, 2019, 02:39:24 AM »

Mini Boogs looks really solid.

I hope it preforms Solid lol.

Probably solidly drive straight in to a pit.

Offline F1Krazy

• Put me on a pedestal and I'll only disappoint you
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 4
  • Tell me I'm exceptional, I promise to exploit you
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2019, 04:08:36 AM »
Mistake looks pretty good. I've noticed something similar when building rear-hinged flippers - typically they end up powerful enough to throw themselves onto their backs, but not powerful enough to self-right once they've done so. For a srimech, you'll want to use a Slow Mag Snapper.
My DSL Showcase

Offline GIRTHQUAKE

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #75 on: May 06, 2019, 02:15:17 PM »
Mistake looks pretty good. I've noticed something similar when building rear-hinged flippers - typically they end up powerful enough to throw themselves onto their backs, but not powerful enough to self-right once they've done so. For a srimech, you'll want to use a Slow Mag Snapper.

I actually tried that, and even 2 of them, and 2 fasts. I tried everything besides the big round one that's name I cant think of, JX or something? and all the regular ones besides Large because they wouldn't fit. The bot is just like a fat guy laying on his chest until he suffocates because it just doesn't have the energy to lift itself up.

Offline GIRTHQUAKE

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: May 18, 2019, 06:47:51 AM »
Made a cruiserweight because I don't have any. Probably won't preform to well, but it was a fun build, and about as short as I could make a hammer. The out of place wedgelets on the back are actually how it self rights.

sad slapper.jpg

Offline GIRTHQUAKE

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: May 21, 2019, 02:08:54 PM »
Here's something incredibly stupid. Just an Idea I wanted to get built before I forgot about it, so it's not refined at all. But I don't know when I'll go back to it, so I decided I will go ahead and post it here.

If anyone has made an actual good version of something like this, I'd love to see it.

Cancer the bot.

cancer the bot.jpg

Offline Dreamcast

• Rep: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: May 21, 2019, 06:46:05 PM »
Neat.

I'd make it a HW/SHW with a double-sided flipper. Right now your 360° weapon range is hard to utilize.

Offline GIRTHQUAKE

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: May 22, 2019, 06:31:34 PM »
Neat.

I'd make it a HW/SHW with a double-sided flipper. Right now your 360° weapon range is hard to utilize.

Like a flipper turret on both sides?  or just a mirrored version on the other side? I dont know if the servo could handle much more weight honestly