Author Topic: GIRTHQUAKE's DSL Showcase  (Read 15835 times)

Offline KidDelta

• Treasure Sniper
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • "To Comfort the Disturbed, and Disturb the Comfort
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: X Æ A-12#8572
Re: GIRTHQUAKE's DSL Showcase
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2019, 07:22:32 AM »
These are some nice builds!
I shouldn't have come here

Offline GIRTHQUAKE

• Antweight
  • Awards HOW MANY SHRIMP DO YOU HAVE TO EAT BEFORE YOUR SKIN TURNS PINK Donated money for site hosting 2021
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: GIRTHQUAKE#8520
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2019, 03:53:23 AM »
Newest bot Pecker. This isn't supposed to be IRL or competitive.

I've been having a lot of issues with extenders not attaching right, which has kind of killed my motivation to make anything serious.

Pecker.jpg

Offline SagarisRA2

• Orc's Favourite Son
  • Middleweight
  • Rep: 4
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2019, 05:50:30 AM »

I've been having a lot of issues with extenders not attaching right, which has kind of killed my motivation to make anything serious.

[ Quoting of attachment images from other messages is not allowed ]

All I see is a penis with bicycle wheels. I mean it is a good looking penis with bicycle wheels tho. Never thought I would ever type out that sentence.

Offline kix

• RR2 dev
  • Rep: -3
  • H
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2019, 05:52:34 AM »

All I see is a penis with bicycle wheels. I mean it is a good looking penis with bicycle wheels tho. Never thought I would ever type out that sentence.

Yes this is a very nice looking cock, its big too :)

Offline Team Code Red Robotics

• Based
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -10
  • Based
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: Code#4035
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2019, 05:54:52 AM »

lY07jUv.jpg

Also sagaris likes penises with bicycle wheels confirmed
Based

Offline Billy5545

• Best Newcomer 2018
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Kendor#3191
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2019, 06:28:16 AM »

Cool artbot

Offline superbomb122

• toomuchweight
  • Heavyweight
  • Really nothing special
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: superbomb122 #3549
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2019, 08:32:53 AM »

Kix learn how to react to a quote please. Every time you quote someone it turns into an adventure novel dedicated to figuring out what the magic Croat said.

Also, nice cock.
Phantom- OW4 quarterfinalist and PWS6 runner-up
All Guts, No Glory- CUndisputed Champ obv
Everything else I've made- sh**

Delete your account smh

(Phantom is cool)

Offline kix

• RR2 dev
  • Rep: -3
  • H
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2019, 02:44:15 PM »

Kix learn how to react to a quote please. Every time you quote someone it turns into an adventure novel dedicated to figuring out what the magic Croat said.

No thank you

Also, nice cock.

Offline [cringey name goes here]

• Supah Kickah
  • Rep: -4
  • coolest monkey in the jungle 2021
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2019, 02:49:43 PM »

Send me pictures of your toes

No thank you

Also, nice cock.

please eat something that you're allergic to, in excessive ammounts
:sweat-smile: sadness anxiety insanity and chaos some people choose 1 or 2 me i choose all 4 :sweat-smile:
funniest user 2020

Offline GIRTHQUAKE

• Antweight
  • Awards HOW MANY SHRIMP DO YOU HAVE TO EAT BEFORE YOUR SKIN TURNS PINK Donated money for site hosting 2021
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2019, 07:17:13 PM »
Okay I'm spamming at this point. Last bot and then I won't post anymore until I have at least 5.

Merry Go Pound's shell was a generic shape, so I wanted to mix it up a bit and hopefully make everyone happy. But the shell is so different and the drive had to be changed for clipping I decided to give it it's own name. It looks like a Quarter Pounder box from Mcdonalds, so I introduce to you, Double Quarter Pound My Angus.

Double Quarter Pound My Angus.jpg

Offline Billy5545

• Best Newcomer 2018
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2019, 07:19:34 PM »
Okay I'm spamming at this point. Last bot and then I won't post anymore until I have at least 5.

Merry Go Pound's shell was a generic shape, so I wanted to mix it up a bit and hopefully make everyone happy. But the shell is so different and the drive had to be changed for clipping I decided to give it it's own name. It looks like a Quarter Pounder box from Mcdonalds, so I introduce to you, Double Quarter Pound My Angus.

It's a pretty unique shape for a shell spinner. Great job

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
    • Badnik96GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • BattleBots Wiki
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2019, 02:22:53 PM »
really like the creativity in this thread. keep it up  :thumbup

Offline GIRTHQUAKE

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2019, 04:59:18 AM »
Definitely not coming back strong here. Not happy with a lot of these, but kind of stuck.

Nooseance

This is supposed to be a nuisance bot, it's not really supposed to be competitive or anything. I just wanted to create a robot that could kind of tangle, and break spinner teeth. The body on the "rope" doesn't get momentum from the robot moving, but rather by being dragged. So it's not a thwack bot, if I spin in place or even drive in narrow circles, the body wont move at all. It's about running away and trying not to get flung somewhere you didn't intend by the weight of the passive "weapon". Just a stupid idea I wanted to finish.

Nooseance.jpg

Boop and Scoot V2
I tried to make a better version of boop and scoot, I was hoping I could solve weight issues using a Chassis bot, but I still failed. Just don't know how to make this robot anything reasonable and make weight. Maybe a V3 someday?

Boop and scoot v2.jpg

Bogo

This started as just me wanting to practice making smaller, invertible robots so I could put more weight in to armor, as all of my robots have sh** armor. It was supposed to be a drum spinner, which became an undercutter, then a dual blade setup. For once the front plow is steel, so it can tank quite a few hits. The lower blade will do a number on opposing wedges as they work on breaking mine. Unintended consequence. I actually like this one a lot, and hopefully learned some things about building smaller bots.

BOGO.jpg

Ring Out

I wanted to make a  pixel chassis ring spinner, and discovered basically nothing I learned about compact builds was going to apply. This was technically attempt 2, as the first version was mostly deciding how to do the top and bottom wheel setup, V2 being making it as low profile as I could manage. After all that someone told me ring spinners could phase in to other components. So I basically spent all that time working on this for no reason.

Ring out v2.jpg

Retread

I tried to make another pixel chassis ring spinner knowing that I didn't need to leave a gap. Somehow I regressed and made it taller and sh**tier. I normally would scrap something like this, because it came out really bad. But I decided I wanted to post it and ask for advice. Can anyone give me tips/tricks to make a lower profile ring spinner while still using a pixel chassis? I feel like I made a lot of stupid mistakes, but I'm not competent enough to realize it. One of those is using hammers, but im tired of putting teeth on everything, I love hammers. I'll own it. This robot also looks like a used tire they would paint and use at a figure 8 race to show paths.

retread.jpg

Offline KidDelta

• Treasure Sniper
  • Heavyweight
  • "To Comfort the Disturbed, and Disturb the Comfort
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: X Æ A-12#8572
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2019, 05:36:59 AM »
Favorite ones are definitely Bogo and Boop and Scoot. Others are ok
Nooseance is more of a joke bot, so no real opinions/ advice here
Ringout is pretty tall, and good Ring spinnersare short for more weight to other things, also it just look unappealing
Retread is pretty much the same to Retread for me
I shouldn't have come here

Offline F1Krazy

• Put me on a pedestal and I'll only disappoint you
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Tell me I'm exceptional, I promise to exploit you
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2019, 07:02:58 AM »
Bogo is a great idea, although eight small Typhoons is verging on weapon spam. Try switching to two large Typhoons per disc, it should be just as damaging and durable and will give you slightly more reach.

For Boop & Scoot V2, try switching to only a single hammer head (you only really need one). That ought to save you plenty of weight for more armour.

I'm gonna be "that guy" here: if you learn how to do BFE (bot file editing), you can move components around after they've been placed, which can help with making robots more compact and optimising their extender setups (as you don't need as many attachment points for bolting things onto). BFE works wonders for ring spinners: instead of making the bodywork taller so that the ring is exactly in the middle, you can just make the bodywork as flat as possible and then BFE the ring into the middle. I don't think I've seen a pixel-chassis ring spinner before, though, so kudos for attempting that, even if it didn't quite work.
My DSL Showcase

Offline botbuster

• Razer
  • Middleweight
  • Rep: -19
  • welcome back to robot wars
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2019, 08:29:13 AM »
Your robots are good. Why not put them on the Bot Exchange so everyone can play around with them?
RA2 Awards Most Enthusiastic 2023
Tournament Records and Rewards

Offline Billy5545

• Best Newcomer 2018
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2019, 08:41:25 AM »
Those bots all look great. I like the first one's tail, as well as the use of Slap Happy wheel on it. For Bogo, cool idea, but yeah, 8 small typhoons are weaponspammy as F1 said. Also, just a note, but maybe try to add a hexplate on the undercutter, so it will deal more damage as the whole disc doesn't slow down from large contact with the floor while spinning.

As for that hammer and poker bot, looks definitely better than it's predecessor. As for the ringspinners, I think most builders here do chassisbot ring spinner rather than extenderbot ones. It will allow you to do a good skin on it, as well as make it flatter

Offline Team Code Red Robotics

• Based
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -10
  • Based
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Code#4035
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2019, 08:44:19 AM »
Those bots all look great. I like the first one's tail, as well as the use of Slap Happy wheel on it. For Bogo, cool idea, but yeah, 8 small typhoons are weaponspammy as F1 said. Also, just a note, but maybe try to add a hexplate on the undercutter, so it will deal more damage as the whole disc doesn't slow down from large contact with the floor while spinning.

As for that hammer and poker bot, looks definitely better than it's predecessor. As for the ringspinners, I think most builders here do chassisbot ring spinner rather than extenderbot ones. It will allow you to do a good skin on it, as well as make it flatter
Tbh I think he could place a ball caster on the motor, then the disc with component freedom to fix that undercutter issue
Based

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
    • Badnik96GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • BattleBots Wiki
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2019, 12:40:14 PM »
retread has that early 2000s aesthetic that i really love

i just hope the top and bottom discs arent spinning with the weapon bc if they are its unrealistic

Offline GIRTHQUAKE

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2019, 12:40:48 PM »
Favorite ones are definitely Bogo and Boop and Scoot. Others are ok
Nooseance is more of a joke bot, so no real opinions/ advice here
Ringout is pretty tall, and good Ring spinnersare short for more weight to other things, also it just look unappealing
Retread is pretty much the same to Retread for me

I called it retread because it was the same old sh** on a wore out Idea

Tbh I think he could place a ball caster on the motor, then the disc with component freedom to fix that undercutter issue

The undercutter doesnt touch the ground, it's higher than the bottom of the wedge, but I also added little nubs on the top and bottom (the brown nipples) to keep the blades off the ground if the wedge gets ripped off, or if it gets flipped.

Your robots are good. Why not put them on the Bot Exchange so everyone can play around with them?

I didn't think I should, it seemed like there weren't a lot of pages on BE for how old the forum is and assumed I shouldn't unless asked to. I wouldn't want to spam it. Is there a particular bot or bots you would want me to upload? I'm more than willing to send anyone any of my bots if they'd want one.

Bogo is a great idea, although eight small Typhoons is verging on weapon spam. Try switching to two large Typhoons per disc, it should be just as damaging and durable and will give you slightly more reach.

For Boop & Scoot V2, try switching to only a single hammer head (you only really need one). That ought to save you plenty of weight for more armour.

I'm gonna be "that guy" here: if you learn how to do BFE (bot file editing), you can move components around after they've been placed, which can help with making robots more compact and optimising their extender setups (as you don't need as many attachment points for bolting things onto). BFE works wonders for ring spinners: instead of making the bodywork taller so that the ring is exactly in the middle, you can just make the bodywork as flat as possible and then BFE the ring into the middle. I don't think I've seen a pixel-chassis ring spinner before, though, so kudos for attempting that, even if it didn't quite work.

I started playing with BFE for boop and scoot, wasn't quite getting the hammer where I wanted it without ass eating sh** the floor sending my bot to Uranus. But i'll maybe try a V2 of Retread where i lower the blade with BFE and cut the top of the frame off and make it wider instead. Thank you for the suggestion. Is that kind of modification IRL accepted?

The reason i have 8 small teeth instead of 4 big ones is they hit my wheels, but if i make the disc smaller it doesnt quite look right to me, Ill make the changes and post it to show what im talking about, it just ruins the look/lines of the bot to me personally. I would make the change if a tournament host asked me too though. I think if i do more IRLs, BOGO and Angle Grinder will be my submissions. I like both of them a lot.

Thank you guys a lot for the feedback, I appreciate it.