Author Topic: Domanating's Showcase of nonsense  (Read 113794 times)

Offline Kossokei

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
  • 「ろくでなし」
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
Re: Domanating's Showcase of nonsense
« Reply #180 on: July 13, 2012, 07:38:31 AM »
I don't think he has enough robot height for NPC fasts though unless you get left/right ones, but even then you'll have limited space because they're large and their hitbox gets annoying when you're placing things above them.

tl;dr: He might not be able to put NPC's

Anyway, how fast is it with the TW3M3R's, Dom?

Offline ty4er

« Reply #181 on: July 13, 2012, 09:14:40 AM »
he is able to get left/right npc's and would have more space so he wouldn't have to stack the ant batteries. and i'd recommend regular npc's because they have a ton more hp.
DSL Showcase
is this bot don't lost all razors in a fight before do a damage thought

Offline Gauche Suede

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #182 on: July 13, 2012, 09:23:27 AM »
he is able to get left/right npc's and would have more space so he wouldn't have to stack the ant batteries. and i'd recommend regular npc's because they have a ton more hp.
eh? he'll be obviously putting the npcs on the baseplate, so get the left-right npc fasts cause they make the bot faster.

Offline ty4er

« Reply #183 on: July 13, 2012, 09:27:06 AM »
i remember that npc normals are a lot faster than fasts that are damaged. 400hp isnt a lot at heavyweight level
DSL Showcase
is this bot don't lost all razors in a fight before do a damage thought

Offline martymidget

• Rep: 7
  • Mr Flibble is very cross.
    • http://tts.imtranslator.n
    • View Profile
    • :)
    • Awards
« Reply #184 on: July 13, 2012, 09:59:33 AM »
i remember that npc normals are a lot faster than fasts that are damaged. 400hp isnt a lot at heavyweight level

He be right.

Offline Gauche Suede

• Ultra Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #185 on: July 13, 2012, 10:03:45 AM »
what do you mean? if you put stuff on the baseplate their HP becomes infinite.

Offline Mr. AS

• TheGloriousCarbideArstotzkanIronsideChaosProtocol
  • Rep: 19
    • robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #186 on: July 13, 2012, 10:05:05 AM »
they can still be damaged and lose effectiveness even if theyre on the baseplate

seriously have you even used npc fasts in battle ever they become damaged really damn easily
How you make Alarm Clock Pizza is:
Step 1: You buy an alarm clock from the store, and then you have to break it and put it in the sauce.
Step 2: Fold the sauce in 5 slices and put it in the dough.
Step 3: Paint the eggs with a pitcher of a clock showing what time you want to wake up and eat pizza for breakfast.
Step 4: Put the eggs in the dough.
Step 5: Make it flat into a round shape and draw the time you want on it.
Step 6: Put some old steel to prevent other peple from stealing it.
Step 7: Make it flat and cut into 60 slices 1 for each minute in 1 our.
Step 8: Put in the oven set the timer to 30048813.2884 seconds and put the temperature on 'Volcano' setting.
Step 9: If you think it is take to long, then get yor alarm clock and set it to now so that it will ring and you can take it out.
Step 10: Take it out uv the uvin wen it is redy and go to bed. In the morning eat pizza and also eat yor hands bi mistake.

Offline martymidget

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #187 on: July 13, 2012, 10:06:56 AM »

Personally I don't think its the HP that becomes infinite- due to motors losing effectiveness as they are damaged even on the baseplate. I think mounting components onto the baseplate gives them infinite fracture, not HP.

Offline Gauche Suede

• Ultra Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #188 on: July 13, 2012, 10:21:13 AM »

Personally I don't think its the HP that becomes infinite- due to motors losing effectiveness as they are damaged even on the baseplate. I think mounting components onto the baseplate gives them infinite fracture, not HP.
so, when something smokes, it means that it's HP is gone(like if you smoke a Beta it became useless) and the items usefulness is reduced?

Offline martymidget

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #189 on: July 13, 2012, 10:26:15 AM »
I assume so. I wonder if you could mount a razor onto the baseplate directly, if it would still do damage or not.

Offline Domanating

• Rep: 18
  • It's Personal
    • Domanating2008
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #190 on: July 13, 2012, 11:17:45 AM »
The whole reason behind the design of that armored bot was to give that ultra tough black wedge a perfect fit on the bot. Its wedginess is good but not great and it doesn't need much speed since it can withstand  high amounts of damage. it ain't perfect but it's rather effective in general.

Adding the NPC might add some speed but that would mean stretching the chassis, which in turn means that it needs more areas to put armor on. Of course i could remove the wedge like Suede suggested. I could then put in its place hex plates to compensate like my previous armored bots. I would save weight but then it wouldn't have the same resistance as the bot with the wedge and obviously its wedginess would drop also.

Offline martymidget

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #191 on: July 13, 2012, 11:21:07 AM »
The whole reason behind the design of that armored bot was to give that ultra tough black wedge a perfect fit on the bot. Its wedginess is good but not great and it doesn't need much speed since it can withstand  high amounts of damage. it ain't perfect but it's rather effective in general.

Adding the NPC might add some speed but that would mean stretching the chassis, which in turn means that it needs more areas to put armor on. Of course i could remove the wedge like Suede suggested. I could then put in its place hex plates to compensate like my previous armored bots. I would save weight but then it wouldn't have the same resistance as the bot with the wedge and obviously its wedginess would drop also.

Hex plates are really weak by armour standards. a titanium sheet, or steel skirts are a lot better on HP, and Heavy ploughs are almost invincible.

Offline Domanating

• It's Personal
    • Domanating2008
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #192 on: July 13, 2012, 11:45:52 AM »

Hex plates are really weak by armour standards. a titanium sheet, or steel skirts are a lot better on HP, and Heavy ploughs are almost invincible.

you're right but those don't look very good options for such a small bot

Offline martymidget

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #193 on: July 13, 2012, 12:43:08 PM »
It all depends on where you put them and how you attach them- for example (forgive the terrible splash)

Wider bots are generally better than skinnier bots for the type you've built, but feel free to prove me wrong :P

Offline Naryar

• Rep: 21
  • hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #194 on: July 13, 2012, 03:32:07 PM »
and then widen the chassis so that it can fit 2 npc fasts, when placed correctly they can act as invincible armor....

Until you realize you just screwed up your popup's mobility, and therefore most of your chances of winning.

But then again that "popup" is really a bot built for the rule of cool.

Nope nope nope. The fact that they can't break off doesn't mean that their HP becomes infinite. It's a limitation of the engine.

so, when something smokes, it means that it's HP is gone(like if you smoke a Beta it became useless) and the items usefulness is reduced?

I'm pretty sure than the smoke stage is when half the component's HPs are gone, and the component's power is reduced by half.

Exactly why NPC fasts should not be used as caster armor on mobility-dependant bots, aka most bots that use them.

Offline Domanating

• It's Personal
    • Domanating2008
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #195 on: July 13, 2012, 05:17:00 PM »
It all depends on where you put them and how you attach them- for example (forgive the terrible splash)

(Image removed from quote.)

Wider bots are generally better than skinnier bots for the type you've built, but feel free to prove me wrong :P

Cool splash m8  :mrgreen:
You bot is awesome! It must be super fast and agile also.
I think i can't consider which is better. Yours searches for superior agility and speed but it's vulnerable. Mine is a lumbering tank made not for speed but to survive and damage opponents just by ramming them in any direction.

Both have opposite weaknesses and advantages. I'm not sure if i can consider which one is best at its job.

Very nice looking can you upload it onto the botexchange please?

I'm very sorry m8. I kept forgetting your request. It's now in the Exchange, have fun  :smile:

Offline Domanating

• It's Personal
    • Domanating2008
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #196 on: July 13, 2012, 07:29:54 PM »
New bot designed to be insane.

This bot had a previous version, which i soon upgraded to the current one

The biggest motor of the game powers the entire structure. 4 TWM3 weapon motors turn independently 4 simple bars while other 4 spin bars with dsl hammers 2 on each end. These all spin in an apparently mad way but to avoid unbalancing the bot, 4 spin in 1 direction and the other 4 in the opposite. To make matters worse, besides the hex plate protection and razor tips it has 16 flamethrowers. I was not able to reduce the weight to 1200kg because then it wouldn't be a mad bot as i planned it to be.

Btw, armor is titanium 5mm and that weird pole in the center of the structure is not ornamental but it helps the bot to upright itself if it gets flipped.

>Hard hitter
>Lots and lots of weapons for multiple targets
>fast and very agile
>tough armor
>repels opponents weapons with ease

>If wedgy bots successfully pass the inferno, they can easily flip and damage the chassis if they have the right weapon for it.
>Too much torque spins the chassis as well and disables its ability to move decently.
>Sometimes it tends to be a bit jumpy at higher speeds compromising the chassis for wedgy bots.

Offline MassimoV

• I Move Weight
  • Rep: 24
  • I make rap for people of Serbia
    • MassimoVTV
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Mourning Glory
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #197 on: July 13, 2012, 07:48:21 PM »
That's one of the craziest things I've ever seen!

Offline Somebody

• Rep: 13
  • CP: +2
    • SomebodyofGTM
    • View Profile
    • My site
    • Awards
« Reply #198 on: July 13, 2012, 08:19:44 PM »
There are AIs that can control a wildly spinning Sheck Spinner. They are called Melty Brain AIs and I have no clue how to use them, but others do.

Also, 2 Tribe is a tournament that is running right now.
I built that big robot on that TV show that time

Offline Gauche Suede

• Ultra Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #199 on: July 13, 2012, 08:41:04 PM »
Wider bots are  better than skinnier bots to fight Sit n Spinners(Blade Runner) because it reduces you're chances of getting punted across the arena and increase the SnS chances to stop spinning and either land on your wedge(in which you can kill it afterwards) or get hung up by the hazards in some arenas(Containment Cube, BattleBox), but feel free to prove me wrong :P