Author Topic: dootIRL  (Read 55311 times)

Offline doot

dootIRL (Seraphim Reborn)
« Reply #400 on: January 06, 2022, 01:56:40 PM »

shite.png

...I've got a lot of explaining to do, huh?

I've been inactive throughout most of 2021 for reasons mostly pertaining to my own self, to be honest. The spark in RA2 I had seemed to fade massively, especially with my hard drive killing itself, but I've still been around in some minimal sense trying to better myself. And now, almost like some corpse, I return to life out of nowhere to make some 'bots. Why? Who knows. But I'm making stuff, damnit, and I'm about to show off for a bit!

Seraphim REBORN.png

Here's Seraphim Reborn. A total upgrade to an old machine, being Seraphim, this reborn model has been heavily updated with most of the stuff I've learnt over the past years, from OBJRA2 to all manner of skinning and stuff, its an upgrade that stays faithful to the original while being just that bit better in every way.

Offline doot

dootIRL (Acceptable Overkill)
« Reply #401 on: January 09, 2022, 12:19:49 PM »
Wait, so not only have I managed to make more 'bots in 2021, I've managed to do so in a matter of days? What the hell happened to the old doot and what is going on?

Acceptable Overkill.png

This is Acceptable Overkill. A machine built similarly to Deep Six, Acceptable Overkill's weapon is a large vertical flywheel that is powered by the most powerful motor that can be fitted in a 'bot, a 72V 4-Mag. This basically means it hits like a freight train, though stability and explosive tendencies tend to be a bit of a massive problem in RA2. Still, Acceptable Overkill can self-right well enough and has enough force to punt even Super Heavyweights off into the distance.

Offline kill343gs

Re: dootIRL
« Reply #402 on: January 14, 2022, 05:16:48 PM »
the lil stabilizers are cute af

For once the mods did something right
#MakeGTMGreatAgain

Offline doot

dootIRL (Tsunami)
« Reply #403 on: July 12, 2023, 12:45:30 PM »
shite.png

...oops.

Yeah, I thought I'd be more active in 2022, but unsurprisingly I ended up getting blindsided by work commitments. Sadly, I ended up forgetting about RA2 and nearly just disappeared. Fortunately, after a parsec session messing around, I got my spark back and made a new 'bot to shake the rust off.

Tsunami.png

So anyways, here's Tsunami. The newest iteration of a machine that's nearing 7 years old at this point, it's still the same old world viciousness merged with new world sensibilties, still keeping its lethal angled flywheel while now being updated for the current year, with a new chassis and enhanced skinwork. Here's hoping that's not the only thing I make this year... or in the next year.

Offline Gulden

• Am I still considered active?
  • Rep: 7
  • Currently trying to make a Riff in Time and Space.
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Gulden#1901
« Reply #404 on: July 12, 2023, 01:52:30 PM »
Loving the texture-work.
I hope it does a good.
I have several opinions.

Offline kill343gs

« Reply #405 on: July 24, 2023, 09:31:13 PM »
yo doot thats tight bro

For once the mods did something right
#MakeGTMGreatAgain

Offline helloface

• Rep: -11
  • 090901's cumslave
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: Helloface#2112
« Reply #406 on: August 23, 2023, 03:08:45 AM »
SEND CUT SEND
Oh I'll be doing some banging.......

Offline doot

dootIRL (Voltaic Wraith)
« Reply #407 on: January 22, 2024, 05:59:40 PM »
Surprise! Yes, I'm still alive and kicking, and shockingly I've come back before the forums have had the chance to bitch at me for posting in my own thread. Though I've been catapulted into full-time apprenticeship work and job stuff, I still had some time to mess about with some ideas in my head. And fortunately for y'all, I've managed to cook something in my head and get it to fruition! Aaaaanyways, here you go.

Voltaic Wraith.png

This is Voltaic Wraith. A 'bot made through inspiration from a new machine the ORBY team made alongside notes of REALITY in there, Voltaic Wraith's a 4WD hubmotor VS with a negative wedge and ground game, basically like what Beta tried to do but actually somewhat effective this time around. I know not being a weg can hurt in RA2, but I'm just here to cook stuff up and hope for the best. And hey, it looks like it went pretty damn well, all things considered.

Now to scurry into the shadows for 8 more months...

Offline botbuster

• Razer
  • Middleweight
  • Rep: -19
  • welcome back to robot wars
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #408 on: January 23, 2024, 06:14:30 AM »
very nice as always
RA2 Awards Most Enthusiastic 2023
Tournament Records and Rewards