Author Topic: dootIRL  (Read 55314 times)

Offline doot

dootIRL (Protostar)
« Reply #360 on: June 17, 2019, 12:33:43 PM »
This is the reason why I stick to Cruiserweights and Heavyweights. Just saying. :V

Protostar.png

This is called Protostar. A simple Lightweight undercutter fashioned akin to that of Neon/Remora. Not happy with this, but this was more to try and make a 'bot in a smaller weightclass.

I've also got another 'bot in the works, but that'll have to wait for now...

Offline doot

dootIRL (Pangolin 3)
« Reply #361 on: June 18, 2019, 10:46:11 AM »
Figured no-one really liked that Lightweight 'bot I made. Eh, no big deal, remember how I said I was making an upgrade to an old 'bot? Here it is!

Pangolin3.png

Yes, here's Pangolin 3! An all-new upgrade to a lineage almost 3-years old at this point, Pangolin 3 comes packing a larger flipper and a better shell to look a lot cleaner, I think.

As a bonus, as well, here's a pic of all 3 Pangolins!

PangoLineage.png

--doot

Offline Hoppin

• I save GTM
  • Rep: 10
  • -rep TheRoboteer. "queermint"
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Hoppin#0013
Re: dootIRL
« Reply #362 on: June 18, 2019, 12:02:41 PM »
It keeps getting cleaner and cleaner
Things I did & done

Offline Danangoo

• Beetleweight
  • Rep: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: dootIRL (Pangolin 3)
« Reply #363 on: June 18, 2019, 01:24:23 PM »
Absolutely gorgeous!

Offline RedAce

• Host of The Award Winning Deathmatch Series
  • Rep: 21
  • Yep, I'm that RedAce guy.
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: ThatRedAceGuy#3618
« Reply #364 on: June 18, 2019, 02:41:48 PM »
I mean Protostar was neat, but I just didn't say much.

But Pangolin 3?  Woah.  That is just beautiful man.  Does it run out of power often?  I can't see much in the power supply with only two battlepacks unless there's other batteries hidden.

Offline TheRoboteer

• Mr Big Blue Flipper
  • Rep: 9
  • "I HATE SEBASTIAN COE!"
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2021
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: TheRoboteer#8784
« Reply #365 on: June 18, 2019, 04:42:43 PM »
It's fantastic. I still think I prefer the overall shape of Version 1, but the polish on this one is undeniably streets ahead. The way you've got the extenders and panels interacting together makes for a super cohesive bot that looks like something someone would actually make, which is something I feel is missing from a lot of bots these days. Other than that, not much more I can say that hasn't already been said. Great work
Notable Tournament Performances:
The Beginner's Guide to IRL:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/tutorials-and-tips/irl-a-beginner's-guide

Offline Merrick

• Rep: 3
  • Half-decent IRL designs and terrible antweights.
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #366 on: June 19, 2019, 01:17:58 PM »
**** yes it's back.

Loving the new bulkier flipper and more streamlined armour. Perfect little trilogy of flippers.

Offline doot

dootIRL (The Defiler)
« Reply #367 on: June 30, 2019, 04:06:18 PM »
Ummmmm... Wow, that's probably my most well received 'bot in a while.

So to follow this up, why not something beyond substandard? Eh, same old. :V

Defiler.png

Here is The Defiler. This is a 'bot that features an eggbeater drum, the first time I've done this. It also has large wedgelets to get under 'bots easily. Maybe another version of Defiler will feature a minibot as this was meant to be a cruiserweight but I got carried away. Ah, well.

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
  • Rep: 3
    • Badnik96GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • BattleBots Wiki
    • Awards
« Reply #368 on: July 03, 2019, 10:38:49 PM »
youre so good at ra2 man

Offline doot

dootIRL (Gyro)
« Reply #369 on: July 08, 2019, 02:10:09 PM »
I always have some ideas for 'bots. Few tend to go well, most end up trashed. And some... really shouldn't have been brought into this world at all. This is one of those instances.

Gyro.png

This is Gyro. A Wrecks-esque walker that's meant exclusively for PWS6 (hence the increased weight) and moves using both the main leg and its dual flywheels. Shockingly, it actually moves forward, but it does so incredibly slowly. Still, that's a success, right?

...now that I think about it, probably not. Ah, well.

Offline doot

dootIRL (Megalodon)
« Reply #370 on: December 03, 2019, 04:13:34 PM »
Aaaand I'm still alive somehow. Hey, everyone. Haven't really kept up with GTM at all for a while. That being said, I decided to try and make a new 'bot for the hell of it. The results... yeah, they're still sh**, probably. I don't know. Here's a 'bot.

Megalodon.png

Here's Megalodon. This 'bot is more of a visual overhaul of my past 'bot, Mastodon, except A: It has lifting forks that are useless and B: the drum got changed so that it has more of a distinct look to it. You might also notice the "Chaotic Evil Engineering" thing... yeah, I'm changing my team name fully to that from here on in.

I haven't built a 'bot since about 5 months ago, so I'm probably not as good as I should be. Ah, well.

Offline doot

dootIRL (Christmas Dump)
« Reply #371 on: December 25, 2019, 06:40:29 AM »
Merry Christmas, everyone. To celebrate, I have been on a colossal building kick recently and have made quite a number of 'bots during the lead-up to Christmas.

VengefulDragoon.png

First, Vengeful Dragoon. A re-update of an axebot over 3 years old, now with 4WD, a much lower ground clearance all around and a set of wedges to catch other opponents while its axe slashes away at its opponents. Better design, better drive, better everything.

LockdownProtocol.png
Next up is Lockdown Protocol. The idea behind this 'bot was a clamp that used an actual crusher arm to hold down its opponents rather than using the typical 2-burst system. Unfortunately, RA2 hates crushers so it isn't that effective, but its fun to clamp down and throw 'bots around.

Emperor.png
The next 'bot is Emperor. This penguin-based machine has an obvious inspiration, that being of DUCK! The plow alone is well over 350KGs and is purely steel, so its very hard to break it off entirely. Aside from that, its fast, it can lift and its angry.

honk.png
Last, but not least, is Untitled Antweight Axebot, one of my very few excursions into non-Heavyweight 'bots. The antweight axebot is not effective at all in combat, but I'm actually happy that I was able to make it work. It has 2 Ant Batteries inside of its raised sections for its power.

Offline The Skeptic

• I doubt everything
  • Antweight
  • Rep: -1
  • How did you find out I was here?
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #372 on: December 25, 2019, 01:09:28 PM »
The veteran has come back.

And what a f***ing comeback you’ve made, be proud.
Notable Tournament Achievements:

Offline Sircreepalot2

• Lightweight
  • Rep: 4
  • So how about that airline food?
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #373 on: January 16, 2020, 09:46:41 PM »
didn't even think it was ra2 for a hot minute there. woah.
"You've heard the hymns, whispered throughout the lands. 
ooo macho madness oo o macho madness
OOO MACHO MADNESS OO O MACHO MADNESS"
                      -Macho Man Randy Savage

2nd place in Plan B- mcfreakinloseit

Offline doot

« Reply #374 on: February 16, 2020, 01:39:47 PM »
In typical doot fashion, I'm incredibly late to making a new 'bot for the new decade. Still, I've made one, and probably lost my ****ing sanity in the process. Ah, well.

Nadmenny Bratchny.png

Here's Nadmenny Bratchny, Nadsat for "Arrogant Bastard". This is a fast 'bot that uses a 4-bar flipper to overpower its opponents and throw them over. Quite a nimble machine and is armoured with 5mm Aluminium.

Offline Jaydee99

• Waltuhweight
  • Rep: -23
  • :/
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #375 on: February 16, 2020, 02:49:34 PM »
Eeee yesss I like it

Offline 8bean

• Professional Tourney Rigger
  • Rep: 10
  • I'm on discord probably
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: 8bean#4514
« Reply #376 on: May 01, 2020, 01:55:40 PM »
The new npcs would make it so that those rings dont poke out the top of the chassis. Also, pirelli wheels are a cleaner version of the hypno wheels i'd highly recommend checking out. Other than that looks pretty solid.
Stuff I didn't suck at (from oldest to newest)

Offline Meganerdbomb

• Rep: 6
  • Are you not entertained?
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #377 on: May 01, 2020, 04:58:41 PM »
A bit late, but I really like the antweight.
im just waiting for meganerdbomb to come along and kick things into gear.

Offline RedAce

• Host of The Award Winning Deathmatch Series
  • Rep: 21
  • Yep, I'm that RedAce guy.
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: ThatRedAceGuy#3618
« Reply #378 on: May 02, 2020, 12:53:06 PM »
Haven't been commenting a lot lately, but these builds lately have just been clean and solid.  The only thing I would change with Augmented Chaos is maybe make the name logo on the chassis more outlined?  Just slightly to make it pop a tad more?  Not much else I can say unfortunately.

Offline doot

dootIRL (Kill Switch and Aug Chaos [again])
« Reply #379 on: May 23, 2020, 09:36:13 AM »
...so, anyways, with rampant depression and other stuff aggressively acting up on me, why not make a new 'bot for the hell of it?

Kill Switch.png

This is Kill Switch. A 'bot which took most of its main inspiration from Mega Melvin, though with more of an industrial twist that I applied to it, mainly on the axe and wheelguards. This 'bot is most likely never gonna appear in tournaments, mainly due to my fleeting interest and because it uses a Judge Gavel and Burst Motor, so those plans went out the window. Still, I'm happy with this machine...

...oh, yeah, here's Augmented Chaos again, but this time I'm actually gonna act like I'm enthusiastic or something.

AugmentedChaos.png

So, yeah, Augmented Chaos. In a way, its a spiritual successor to Annihilatrix, though I've changed how it works, mainly in the drive. Now upgraded from 2WD TWM3R's to 4WD NPC's, Augmented Chaos is far quicker and deadlier than ever before. This comes at a cost to its armour, which is quite weak compared to Annihilatrix, but sometimes sacrifices must be made.