Author Topic: dootIRL  (Read 55254 times)

Offline doot

Re: DemonOfTomorrow's Devastating DSL IRL Showcase
« Reply #220 on: August 02, 2017, 03:54:22 PM »
We interrupt the airing of RoboGames to bring you a beetleweight robot the host has made for no real reason other than to enter GTM Live.

Meet, Ricochet. Named after some game that is almost as old as I myself am and weighing in at 174.7 KGs, Ricochet's main weapon is a heavy spinning bar powered by a flatmotor. This gives Ricochet a heavy kick that causes robots to bounce around the arena, hence its name. This robot was mainly based off of Hazard, with a few cues to ICE-Wave.

The wheels also like to go through the chassis' top into the bar, but there isn't much I can do seeing as the wheels are as small as I can get them. Just pretend they're concealed, okay? X3

Offline jdg37

• Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
  • I got kids
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #221 on: August 02, 2017, 06:35:47 PM »
Doot your BW game is on point like all your bots. Makes me realize how much I need to up my skinning game. Bravo

Offline NeonCalypso

• PMD Comics are my fetish
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 6
  • Objective: Survive
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #222 on: August 02, 2017, 07:57:45 PM »
Is it me or is that bar clipping through the wheels, That BW looks cool though.
>not letting me ai my own robot

unironically kill yourself
Stuff I won at

Offline courthousedoc

• Derpasaurus Rex
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -2
  • AKA Okamifan1
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • A Taste of Deco
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: Okamifan1 #2120
« Reply #223 on: August 04, 2017, 08:03:47 PM »
We interrupt the airing of RoboGames to bring you a beetleweight robot the host has made for no real reason other than to enter GTM Live.
(Image removed from quote.)

Meet, Ricochet. Named after some game that is almost as old as I myself am and weighing in at 174.7 KGs, Ricochet's main weapon is a heavy spinning bar powered by a flatmotor. This gives Ricochet a heavy kick that causes robots to bounce around the arena, hence its name. This robot was mainly based off of Hazard, with a few cues to ICE-Wave.

The wheels also like to go through the chassis' top into the bar, but there isn't much I can do seeing as the wheels are as small as I can get them. Just pretend they're concealed, okay? X3
A new robot? Come on, Demon, you can't be serious!

This is Gangrenous Leech, or: "How I learned to make Swamp Thing: The Robot". Its main weapons are a front spinner-killer wedge with 2 flamers that fire out sort of similar to that of a snake tongue while its other weapon is a large toothed thwacking tail. Its small compared to other heavyweights, but it can still hold its own quite well.

A long, long time ago... in a really sh** star wars-esque flashback... I made this 'bot called Necrosis.
Initially a robot constructed for a challenge match against Robbo, Necrosis had an angled spinning bar that hit extremely low compared to other spinners. This gave it an edge over some robots, but I never used it after that. :c

And now... the MK.II is complete.
Necrosis MK.II is a more streamlined version of the same robot with an entirely new design process. A larger base than the previous model gives its weapon, an even larger overhead spinning bar, some great utility. Its also actually skinned. This can self-right, unlike the first version, but it is rather finicky when doing so.

Now to actually try and make GTM Live robots or something...

All three look completely sick... I actually have fond memories of playing Ricochet: Lost Worlds on RealArcade (until GameHouse bought em out and deleted their entire back catalog of titles available on the service. Thankfully the entire ricochet series is now available for purchase on Amazon).

For Necrosis Mk.II did you take inspiration from Apex, because it looks awfully similar?

(edited for grammar)
Let me tell you something I learned through life... The weakest link in the chain isn't always the failure point.
Steam:
Tournament History:
My Showcases:

Offline doot

« Reply #224 on: August 31, 2017, 03:58:21 PM »
What's this? A new robot? A ****ing new IRL robot?????

Enter the Mastodon. A monster truck of a robot with a massive ground clearance, heavy drive and to compliment all of this, a destructive ripper drum that can shred everything apart no matter where it happens to be on the opposing robot. Its also got reasonably durable armour, with 5mm Titanium.

To put it bluntly, its Yeti with more drum and no forks.

Also, it can beat Paladin. Hence the stupid hashtag thing on the bottom of it. :dumb)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 04:21:38 PM by DemonOfTomorrow »

Offline Avalanche

• Retired.
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: -34
  • Yeah, I don't know why I'm still here either.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: ThePootisPower#8377
« Reply #225 on: August 31, 2017, 04:14:40 PM »
>it can beat Paladin

NEW META BOYS
Former DSL HW champion.
Runner-Up in The Cybernetic Colosseum HW division.
Semi-finalist in RNP: Sword of Glory.
Robogames 1 BW Runner-up.
Professional cunt.
Man of a thousand alt accounts.

Offline MassimoV

• I Move Weight
  • Rep: 24
  • I make rap for people of Serbia
    • MassimoVTV
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Mourning Glory
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #226 on: August 31, 2017, 04:42:07 PM »
This looks siiiiick.

Offline doot

« Reply #227 on: October 05, 2017, 02:59:37 PM »
topot jej.png

Omegalodon_1.png

Omegalodon-2.png

Omegalodon_4.png

Omegalodon BotM.png

My answer to the bullsh** theme of October 2017. Although Bone Dragon beat it out, I was still extremely happy with this project I made. Its also my very first GHW, which is always something to be proud of. :3

Offline Dark-Al

• That guy who makes long posts.
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: 2
  • That's not how you build a Hydraulic crusher mate
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #228 on: October 05, 2017, 03:04:06 PM »
It's still impressive, even if you didn't win BOTM. I do like how you overall designed the bot to look not only good with the armor plates and the extender work, but also added a little bit of a combat ability within the bot overall. 

Offline Philippa

• The Queen of GTM
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • ✊ Viva la Standard! ✊
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #229 on: October 05, 2017, 03:48:19 PM »
Wasn't this your house robot for GTM Robot Wars?

Offline TheIronsideProtocol

• Gearbox Screech Enthusiast
  • Antweight
  • "
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #230 on: October 05, 2017, 04:14:41 PM »
Wasn't this your house robot for GTM Robot Wars?
similar, but not the same: https://wiki.gametechmods.com/index.php?title=Megalodon

Offline doot

« Reply #231 on: October 09, 2017, 02:32:59 PM »
doot

wat r u doin

doot

stop build

Avenger.png

This is Avenger. The middleweight version of Vindicator, Avenger is basically what happens if Vindi was halved. 2WD, invertible, but still as effective as ever in a smaller weightclass. Only problem is that Avenger tends to pull a Subterfuge if its disc hits a wall.

Offline doot

« Reply #232 on: October 23, 2017, 10:10:27 AM »
See Doot think.

See Doot build a LW.

See Doot have a mental breakdown because it doesn't work well.

See Doot post the thing anyway.

Marauder.png

Here's LW, Marauder. Remember Vindicator? This is that but an attempt in the LW Division. Its not the best VS around especially as a lot of weight is in the weapon but its a valiant attempt and one I think I'm quite proud about.

Its not invertible unlike Avenger and Vindicator, but it can knock itself onto its wheels easily should it get flipped.

Offline Philippa

• The Queen of GTM
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • ✊ Viva la Standard! ✊
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #233 on: October 23, 2017, 10:57:03 AM »
Is that a regular or small Minion Disc?

Offline doot

« Reply #234 on: November 02, 2017, 05:59:44 PM »
Is that a regular or small Minion Disc?
Mini-Minion. I don't know how I can cram a Mega Minion into a LW without it looking wank.

Speaking of wank, a CW Vindicator. Because talent.
Crusader.png

Meet Crusader. Evolving on from Avenger, it gains 4WD and a Perm 132 motor. Aside from that, the front mask begins to split out like Vindi. Fights pretty similarly to Avenger with more speed - I think this is the fastest of the lot. Only problem is that it hates to run inverted due to the Perm 132 sticking out awkwardly from the 'bot.

Now to wait for WDKYMYS 2, I guess. Though it has already been placed into TheRoboteer's Scrimmage so :dumb)

Offline Hoppin

• I save GTM
  • Rep: 10
  • -rep TheRoboteer. "queermint"
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Hoppin#0013
« Reply #235 on: November 02, 2017, 06:19:18 PM »
I'll be quite frank, it's nice. But, it's the same thing that DSC had done previously with Carbonize. It's just the same. Tbh without the names I'd have some difficult telling most of them apart, maybe except the LW.
Things I did & done

Offline Mr. AS

• TheGloriousCarbideArstotzkanIronsideChaosProtocol
  • Rep: 19
    • robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #236 on: November 02, 2017, 11:41:41 PM »
It's realistic, I guess. Not much else to say about it.
How you make Alarm Clock Pizza is:
Step 1: You buy an alarm clock from the store, and then you have to break it and put it in the sauce.
Step 2: Fold the sauce in 5 slices and put it in the dough.
Step 3: Paint the eggs with a pitcher of a clock showing what time you want to wake up and eat pizza for breakfast.
Step 4: Put the eggs in the dough.
Step 5: Make it flat into a round shape and draw the time you want on it.
Step 6: Put some old steel to prevent other peple from stealing it.
Step 7: Make it flat and cut into 60 slices 1 for each minute in 1 our.
Step 8: Put in the oven set the timer to 30048813.2884 seconds and put the temperature on 'Volcano' setting.
Step 9: If you think it is take to long, then get yor alarm clock and set it to now so that it will ring and you can take it out.
Step 10: Take it out uv the uvin wen it is redy and go to bed. In the morning eat pizza and also eat yor hands bi mistake.

Offline Dreamcast

• Rep: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #237 on: November 02, 2017, 11:44:21 PM »
Needs to have 8wd.

Offline doot

« Reply #238 on: November 24, 2017, 06:06:35 PM »
Hey, remember when I used to build stuff? Yeah, me neither.

Cocytus.png

This is Cocytus. With most of my sh** being named after various gaming stuff you can figure out where this comes from. Its not the most interesting, but it was more to try and get back into making stoofs. Its a MW entering Battle Arcade 2.

Implosion.png

And this is Implosion. This is what happens wen you try to make Expulsion, really. Its good, but the reason why there's a jutty-outty wheely bar...ry? is because RA2's physics are a bit borked and won't allow Implosion to turn if its rotated to the other point of invertability without the rear wheely bar. Other than that, pretty happy with it. Just hits the CW scales at 600KGs as well.

Offline Dreamcast

• Rep: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #239 on: November 24, 2017, 06:33:28 PM »
Cocytus is a box, but it has a good skin. Perhaps by version four, she'll change into a stock HW, be wedgier, and armed with ramplates, 10 Irons, 16 Razors, and a snowplow. Implosion is cute. I wish I was able to build stuff like that without going, "Hurrr! Why don't you like me, game?"