Author Topic: Deadgenocide's DSL Showcase of FML  (Read 13890 times)

Offline cephalopod

Re: Deadgenocide's Showcase of FML
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2015, 03:27:58 AM »
I can't be asked to do Ironforge i'm sorry I can't be asked
What Ironforge is literally just rebalanced DSL

No it's not?
bristol bot builders / two headed death flamingo / snappy robots
//
kindest and friendliest '13, '15, '16, '17 / favourite staff member '14, '15

Offline Kossokei

• Mr. Kurtsokei
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
  • You better believe it.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: ...is more dangerous...
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2015, 03:57:46 AM »

No it's not?
Ironforge is its own thing. I see it as a rebalancing on how we do robot building on the whole, for example, how we choose and use weapons. In stock, there are clear cut good weapons like maces, razors !, bear claws, whatever, and there are obviously bad weapons like razor blades and lawnmower blades. It's a similar case for DSL, there are some weapons that can be used for just about anything, and some that will never ever be used. In ironforge, you've got different sizes of different weapons for different situations, and none of them are particularly better or worse, simply situational.

That's just me, though.

Offline DeadGenocide

• Yesweight
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -12
  • "Fast and Furious." - Stock Team SPARK
    • UCe_o8LyJBuavehO3pRU5ilg
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Deadgenocide's DSL Showcase of FML
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2015, 09:55:20 AM »
So this next bot wasn't meant for challenges or tournaments I was just messing around with Spin Bonker and made this:

It weighs 670.6 kg and has 5 mm thick Titanium.
There is 1 Z-tek (HP) motor spinning a Whyachi Tri-Bar, on the Whyachi Tri-Bar are 3 Piglet Brushless Motors that are spinning their own Whyachi Tri-Bar which each Tri-Bar has Meat Tenderizers on it.
There are 4 Reversible Angle Motors that have Ant Wheels (The small ones) on them 
There are 2 6-Battery DarkCell Batteries powering the bot
i'm only a finalist in BBEAMS 7 which was a meme tournament and I just stole a NAR AI bot and made it dense as ****.
and Not Bushido was a thing that happened, I beat the #1 seed despite being #bad seed.

Offline cephalopod

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2015, 11:09:18 AM »
I'd generally avoid showcasing bots like this that contain cheat and/or stock components (eg HP Z-Tek, RAD motors, DarkCells) as they just aren't balanced against any other bot (in fact, Stock components are generally weaker than DSL components).
And then the usual advice of unrealism and building to the weight limit applies here too :P
//

Offline DeadGenocide

• Yesweight
  • Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2015, 11:11:08 AM »
I'd generally avoid showcasing bots like this that contain cheat and/or stock components (eg HP Z-Tek, RAD motors, DarkCells) as they just aren't balanced against any other bot (in fact, Stock components are generally weaker than DSL components).
And then the usual advice of unrealism and building to the weight limit applies here too :P
Again this bot wasn't really meant for challenges or competitions :P
i'm only a finalist in BBEAMS 7 which was a meme tournament and I just stole a NAR AI bot and made it dense as ****.
and Not Bushido was a thing that happened, I beat the #1 seed despite being #bad seed.

Offline cephalopod

« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2015, 11:13:25 AM »
I'm aware, but then why post it? There's nothing anyone can say about it really, if you get my drift. Not trying to rain on yo' parade, post what you want, but youknow.
//

Offline Naryar

• Rep: 21
  • hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2015, 01:27:39 PM »
yeah, in general don't use cheat components unless a tournament allows them (see: most irl tournaments) or mix stock and dsl.

However, if the bot design is sufficiently cool, we don't really mind if you showcase bots with cheat components.

still i think bots that use cheatbot2 in DSL or bots that use both stock and DSL components should go in the custom components showcase. exception done for irl bots who regularly use custom components, but it's part of the irl metagame so we don't mind.

stock and dsl are very different metagames and you apparently installed DSL over stock and now you have BOTH components available in the same game. have a stock version of ra2 and a dsl version of ra2 installed for clarity and so it doesn't mix stuff (DSL chassis armor is different from stock armor, as an example)

Offline Kossokei

• Mr. Kurtsokei
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
  • You better believe it.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: ...is more dangerous...
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2015, 04:52:55 PM »
Actually, you could create a showcase for experimental/silly custom components in the custom components section.

On my previous statement- if you decide to abandon the idea of building for competition and just do whatever you want (which is perfectly okay), it should be understood that you won't get much traffic, unless you're building replicas or doing whatever Domanating or Classicus does.

Offline DeadGenocide

• Yesweight
  • Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2015, 11:07:17 PM »
Here's another bot

It weighs 718.4 kg with 5mm thick Titanium.

2 Piglet Brushless Motors spinning drums with medium beater bars on them.
2 NPC-T64 (fast) motors with Hypno Wheels on them to drive with 1 BSG Motor for the srimech
and a few ant batteries powering it.

Offline Gauche Suede

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2015, 11:34:09 PM »
Here's another bot
(Image removed from quote.)

It weighs 718.4 kg with 5mm thick Titanium.

2 Piglet Brushless Motors spinning drums with medium beater bars on them.
2 NPC-T64 (fast) motors with Hypno Wheels on them to drive with 1 BSG Motor for the srimech
and a few ant batteries powering it.

NEVER PUT MORE THAN 1 WEDGE ON A SINGLE SKIRT WEDGE IT MAKES BOTH OF THE WEDGES SUCK

Also,the weight you used for those ballasts could've been used to get :
  • Armor for your wedge
    2 more NPC fasts with hypno wheels (put the hind motors like this to get invincible butt armor:

A better trapper with wayyyy more HP (like a med/heavy plow)

That srimech setup is pretty interesting though, maybe you can use weapons as a srimech so that it turns into a drum/popup hybrid ?

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2015, 07:21:22 AM »
Too much ballasts in general.

how many ants do you have ? 4 should be the minimum, you can push it up to 6 or even 7 if you want your bot to not be out of power in the last minute of a standard 3 min match.

NEVER PUT MORE THAN 1 WEDGE ON A SINGLE SKIRT WEDGE IT MAKES BOTH OF THE WEDGES SUCK

no need to capslock...

put the hind motors like this to get invincible butt armor:
(Image removed from quote.)

what would that accomplish ? due to very low NPC fast drive hp he'll lose half his drivedrain's power if he is hit on the back. Or worse, one motor will start to smoke (and the other will not be hit) and the drive will be unbalanced. which is very, very bad for a gut ripper.

if you want to use npcs as back armor use standard npc's. even then back armor is pointless because 5mm titanium is more than enough already.

That srimech setup is pretty interesting though, maybe you can use weapons as a srimech so that it turns into a drum/popup hybrid ?

that's just poor design. a side popup won't work with a drum setup like that, he'll need to rebuild the design completely. and it may just move the enemy bot off the top which is exactly what you not want.

hybrids being cool is a thing, a proper hybrid setup is another. nothing worse than a hybrid which weapons do not synergize well with each other.

Offline DeadGenocide

• Yesweight
  • Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2015, 09:14:28 AM »
Alright here's Danger Zone 2 (Danger Zone was the bot above I posted) :

(In the image I fired the srimech so no that's not the srimech's starting point)
784.0 kg still 5mm thick armor. 2 10kg Ballasts, only 1 wedge on the skirt hinge, and 7 Ant batteries
4 NPC-T64 (2 Fast and 2 Normal after figuring out that the bot has gyroscopic issues and when I move forward the front goes up)  motors with 4 Hypno Wheels, and still a Medium sized drum with Piglet Motors spinning them.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 10:41:35 AM by DeadGenocide »

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2015, 10:52:12 AM »
change one set of npc's to npc fasts. you have the weight.

Offline Gauche Suede

• Ultra Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2015, 11:07:09 AM »
sorry actually both sets are fast
Can i have the bot file ? I wanna see why you could only have 2npc fasts even though it looks lt could have 4 judging from the screenshot.

Offline Gauche Suede

• Ultra Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2016, 08:39:23 AM »
sorry actually both sets are fast
Can i have the bot file ? I wanna see why you could only have 2npc fasts even though it looks lt could have 4 judging from the screenshot.
On Danger Zone MK2 there are 4 NPC Fasts
Alright i've looked at your bot, and here's the biggest problem :

When you're planning your bot, you first need to draw the bot's general shape, and then once you've put everything down you need to look back on the bot and see if you can make the chassis smaller while still having the components you want, if you can then keep resizing the bot (tweaking the shape if necessary) until you everything fits like a glove.

Offline Avalanche

• Retired.
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: -34
  • Yeah, I don't know why I'm still here either.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: ThePootisPower#8377
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2016, 10:51:21 AM »
No, it is a total conversion mod which takes new components and sort of simplifies the choices.
Also, if you completely ignore Ironforge for a trivial reason, you end up missing out on a chance to improve in it, SO GO AND PLAY IT AND MAKE A SHOWCASE. DO IT.
Former DSL HW champion.
Runner-Up in The Cybernetic Colosseum HW division.
Semi-finalist in RNP: Sword of Glory.
Robogames 1 BW Runner-up.
Professional cunt.
Man of a thousand alt accounts.

Offline Reier

• Rieir
  • Rep: 8
  • I GOT 3RD IN RAW1
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
  • Awards old BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2016, 07:06:48 PM »
just to clarify you obviously don't have to do it, but we are curious why you seem so opposed to trying it out? Who knows, you may like it more than stock or DSL. many people play all 3.
ALERT- Another WS coming up...
voted best bot builder two times and counting babayy. the best ra2 builder who has never won an actual tournament match
ReiAI pack for Ironforge
My drawings, and my webcomics
Why online PVP will save RA2
The problem with competitive IRL in RA2
I'm fine with hugging reier

Offline DeadGenocide

• Yesweight
  • Heavyweight
    • View Profile