Author Topic: Condor's showcase  (Read 17444 times)

Offline Condor33

• Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
  • Alpha One
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Condor's showcase
« on: August 15, 2008, 06:51:13 PM »
I've had RA2 for about three weeks now, and I am hooked. I've tried both stock and DSL, and I quite frankly prefer the latter, so here is my showcase! :grin:

First up, ConunDrum:

This bot is pretty good, though I mainly made it because I wanted a RedruM clone to play around with. It's fairly powerful, though easy to flip :pissd: However, this one is much better

This is Switchblade. I don't quite know how I did this, but it will utterly slaughter almost every stock DSL bot, except Pon2n, which it can't get to. For proof, see this

I ripped his drum off and then stood him on his front end. I think that's pretty good. This is obvious, but criticism is appreciated.
Avoid the beam and you won't get hit!

Clash Cubes 2 Grand Champion--Xenophobik Resurrektion
Winner of the RAW favorite bot award--Humdrums

Offline infiniteinertia

• Rep: 6
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Condor's showcase
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 09:00:57 PM »
doesnt look too bad for a first hw...have any inside pictures and it's weight?
#MakeStockGreatAgain

#BANtheHS The Movement

Offline Somebody

• Rep: 13
  • CP: +2
    • SomebodyofGTM
    • View Profile
    • My site
    • Awards
Condor's showcase
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2008, 07:31:01 AM »
Good bots, but one freakish coincidence. Another person, who started a showcase 3 or 4 months ago named teammayhem's showcase, also had a first bot named Conundrum, that was a drum, but the other Conundrum used the drum pieces that come with the game

Good first bots Switchblade looks good, but I want to see the inside of both bots.
I built that big robot on that TV show that time

Offline Condor33

• Super Heavyweight
  • Alpha One
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Condor's showcase
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008, 08:54:27 AM »
Actually, they aren't my first. more like my 12th. Because I have so many, I'll just post screens of the team screens and put more detailed info up about one if anyone wants it.

BlendHead: THIS is my first robot. It's a dual-perm powered Hazard clone.I'll post pictures of it in a fight against Critical Emergency later.

Meat Grinder: A very very sucky shell spinner. I stopped using it a while ago.

Punt: An improved version of a bot of Clickbeetle's I really liked. I haven't thrown Sir Killalot a quarter mile with this, but I've OOTAd people on the Battlebox of all places.

Grasshopper: Mag-snapper powered semirupting flipper. Can flip ANYTHING in it's calss, even some lightweights.

EnterBotName: Yes, I called it that. Kinda an improved version of BlendHead, partially inspired by a real bot that I just forgot the name of. REALLY good on the Claw Top and Lumazone.

Bass Drum: What do you get when you put a ton of firepower into a chassis that an antweight can flip? This. Design failure.

Gravity Wave: A much better Meat Grinder, but it's still flipped to easily.

Wedgie:An experiment, can you fit a couple of really huge motors in a bw? Yes, apparently, and the result is ridiculously fast. I was going for Eteks, but instead decided on those brown L shaped ones that I forgot the name of.

One Man Gauntlet: This was inspired my Haunt. It does pretty well, but it's slow. NEVER use thinbodies for drive :roll:

Micro Mill: A very, very bad lightweight saw. Design failure.

Bot Eater: this one is pretty self explanatory. Can tear up anything and everything (besides Pon2n) that it touches. However, it takes like thirty seconds for it to turn 360 degrees, so it's pretty slow.

cheatbot2: This was NOT cheatbot2. This was originally "Vulcan's Hammer" but it could bearly beat UnDeadBeat, so I just experimented on it.

You've seen Conundrum and Switchblade. Thirty points to whoever gets the refrence in the name and slogan here.

Crash Test: Basic super-rammer. It has very complex controls, with only two wheels moving normally and a seperate key to charge.

Fire Mouse: A friend made this. It's a flamethrowing lw that runs out of fuel in about a minute.

Super Ripblade: Ripblade upgrade. I was trying to use Switchblade's disk to my advantage, because it was so all powerful, but this is actually not great. Can pwn Ripblade II though, so it must be better.

Slammenstien: First bot able to throw the car around. Basically a bulldozer, though the blow is on a piston so it can throw bots under hazards without endangering itself.

What a long list! Anyway, here are inside pix of Switchblade, Conundrum, and BlendHead.

[

Oh and if the pictures are showing up as links, not pictures, please tell me why.

Offline Somebody

• SomebodyofGTM
    • View Profile
    • My site
    • Awards
Condor's showcase
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2008, 09:17:13 AM »
TOO MANY BATTERIES!!!

For some reason, a spinner weapon does not need to be full powered to work for three minutes. Haunt 2 is lasting on abouit 78 amps and it lasts 3 minutes easily.

Fire Mouse: If you hold the flame on with an analog control, and don't let it off, it will stay at full flame forever, even when you have no air power left

Punt::shock:

Blendhead: Very good first bot

All bots: You need to cut down on extra space in the chassis, because extra space=extra armor=extra weight

Offline Condor33

• Super Heavyweight
  • Alpha One
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Condor's showcase
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2008, 11:02:06 AM »
Quote from: Somebody;12813
TOO MANY BATTERIES!!!

For some reason, a spinner weapon does not need to be full powered to work for three minutes. Haunt 2 is lasting on abouit 78 amps and it lasts 3 minutes easily.
Oh. I'll tone down the batteries in the future.
Fire Mouse: If you hold the flame on with an analog control, and don't let it off, it will stay at full flame forever, even when you have no air power left
Another new discovery
TOO MANY BATTERIES!!!
Blendhead: Very good first bot

All bots: You need to cut down on extra space in the chassis, because extra space=extra armor=extra weight
Thanks! I'll try to cut down the weight too, but not using grid mode is such a pain:frown:
I built a quick experimental weapon earlier, called a rotary wedge.

It doesn't work all that well in combat, though I have gotten several construction techniques out of it, which you can expect to see in later bots.

Punt::shock:
Well then you'll like this. I upgraded it, with STACKED DUAL PERMS. It now takes a full minute to get to speed.

This is what the original did, on average

This is what the new one does.

Both it AND the target go airborne and often OOTA. This is no good, so I'm rebuilding it. Don't worry, I'll go back to normal bots soon, but I really want to have a robot capable of throwing people so hard they KO on impact. Actually, I'm starting to consider this: What about a trinity hammer?

Offline infiniteinertia

• Rep: 6
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Condor's showcase
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2008, 01:14:15 PM »
Trinity hammers are better for the Stock game.

Your pretty good for a beginner, and im not going to load up your showcase with a huge response. I actually like you, so if you have AIM or you joined RA2 UNITED on Hamachi you can talk to me there for advice.

PM's work too but they arent direct messaging so it gets annoying after a while.
#MakeStockGreatAgain

#BANtheHS The Movement

Offline Somebody

• SomebodyofGTM
    • View Profile
    • My site
    • Awards
Condor's showcase
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2008, 02:33:50 PM »
What does rotary wedge do?

Offline Somebody

• SomebodyofGTM
    • View Profile
    • My site
    • Awards
Condor's showcase
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2008, 02:36:45 PM »
Quote from: Condor33;12815
Thanks! I'll try to cut down the weight too, but not using grid mode is such a pain:frown:

I agree completely.

What does rotary hammer do.

You are very good at building, especially because when alot of people come here at first (System32) they are bad builders (and when they don't listen to our advice they stay like that).

Offline Condor33

• Super Heavyweight
  • Alpha One
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Condor's showcase
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2008, 04:52:41 PM »
Quote from: Somebody;12827

You are very good at building, especially because when alot of people come here at first (System32) they are bad builders (and when they don't listen to our advice they stay like that).

Thanks! I learn quick, I can pick up a game and be decent at it within three days. The downside of this is I could probably never be quite as good as say, infiniteinertia, ACAMS, or Apple.

That done, here is today's bot update:

Bot in Sheep's Clothing: I went through three different weapon setups here, before deciding on some large beater bar mechanisms.

I managed to get Wiideload on his front, pin him on a wall, and then destroy his drum by tearing off his motors with these. The other two were failures.

KILLough: This robot is a Killough omniderectional platform, hence the name. Basically, it can go any direction without turning, though it can do that as well. It's just a prototype, though it can kill middleweights fairly well.

Wallop: I know, I misspelled the name. This is actually pretty effective, I've taken pictures of where the computer ended up after a test hit as an example. It is especially good at de-wheeling other bots.

Jaws of Life: This started out as a Dead Metal clone, but I realized that that was impossible, so I just focused on the jaws and ended up with this. It's not great but it can tear up almost any bot without a flipper.

Offline Clickbeetle

• Rep: 21
  • In Soviet Russia, bugs stomp YOU!
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Beetle Bros site
    • Awards
Condor's showcase
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2008, 09:52:44 PM »
Surprisingly, I think that's the first DSL bot I've seen with caster armor.

You're getting the hang of DSL pretty fast.  I think it might be harder to get good at DSL if you're already good at stock, because DSL has a completely different building ethos.  This lends support to that theory.

I like KILLough.  Reminds me of Triton (probably the coolest real-life AW I've ever seen.)

Firebeetle made a horizontal spinner with stacked double Perms, and it went too fast for the game to handle and exploded before reaching top speed.  Can the VS actually reach top speed?

To lack feeling is to be dead, but to act on every feeling is to be a child.
-Brandon Sanderson, The Way of Kings

Offline Condor33

• Super Heavyweight
  • Alpha One
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Condor's showcase
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2008, 07:07:28 AM »
It can, but you have to be careful not to crash the bot or turn to violently because then it will explode. An explosion like this usually causes unusual things to happen, most often this::vista:

EDIT: Did his horizontal spinner use the 100 CM, 150 CM, 200 CM, 250 CM discs? They are actually all slightly off balance.

Offline Somebody

• SomebodyofGTM
    • View Profile
    • My site
    • Awards
Condor's showcase
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2008, 08:32:26 AM »
What does rotary wedge do?

Offline Condor33

• Super Heavyweight
  • Alpha One
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Condor's showcase
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2008, 08:52:36 AM »
Scoop people and then throw them. I'll rebuild it soon, the current one is really weak.

Offline Condor33

• Super Heavyweight
  • Alpha One
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Condor's showcase
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2008, 07:53:02 PM »
Ker-bump!

Hoard of new bots, same routine as last time.

Nova: Think SHW trinity-hammered Pinball. Speaks for itself.
Industrial Stump Grinder: It's a Nightmare ripoff! Actually, it sucks pretty badly compared with my usual bots.
Hammer of Justice: ROFL I AR MADE TEH HAMMAR OF JUSTIDE LOLZORS. Next!
Switchblade 2: Crap. Moving on.
Epic Flailure 2: A haymaker clone. Epic Flailure 1 was a stock SnS, but it didn't work VS Starcore 3. Epic Flailure 2 Mk. 2 had the Whyachi hammers on it.
MURDozER: Actually, I only built this to see how good a Dual Perm drive would be. It's INSANE!

Ignore Knightro.

Epic Flailure 3: This was the bot I was going to enter into RAW, before I switched to the Humdrums. It spins faster that almost anything, but the weapons break too easily.
Humdrums: No need to mention these.
Meltdown: Insanely powerful flipper, it can get the car on top of the desk in the garage. Also good for launching UnDeadBeat over the walls in the BBEANS arena so he gets stuck on the spinning bar.
GigaBite: Imagine if Phere wasn't so awful, this would be it. Unfortunately, I learned to never use a six-mag on a shell spinner from this bot, it spins was too slow.
Terror Tortoise: It actually does look like a turtle from behind. It's a pretty good flamethrower bot, but it needs a method of KOing people.

Ignore 2Fast4You and Distro-ction

Industrial Arc Pounder: Yep, it's Arc Pounder on steroids. Not that good.
Damn the Ground Clearance: Take all the good parts of Shebeast and improve them, you get something similar to this. I call it Damn the Ground Clearance becuse you can hardly get under it at all, even with a wedge.
Dienosaur: I LOVE Duh102's insanely large behemoths, so I made this as a tribute. It's also good for stress relief. There's nothing better than chucking Grog around like a paper plate after a hard day.
Wheel Troubling: This is why I have Distro-ction in there. It can kill pretty well, but is slower than heck.

You know how much the Hum-Drums drove like drunks? Well I fixed it, stepped up the armor a notch, AND powered up the drum a bit! Motors are now normal NPCs though.

Offline Sage

• Rep: 11
  • RA2 Wizard & GTM's Favorite Stock Builder 2015
  • Awards Sage's Favorite BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Condor's showcase
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2008, 08:39:30 PM »
nice, very nice new humdrum. would have done loads better in RAW. I'm so sad :(
You got my vote for RA2 Wizard. Always and forever.

Offline R0B0SH4RK

• Rep: 8
  • There is epic to my madness.
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Condor's showcase
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2008, 02:05:28 AM »
I'm sorry for ruining all of the fun, sage :'(

Could you post some more pics of Meltdown and Murdozer? They both look kinda cool.

Offline Naryar

• Rep: 21
  • hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Condor's showcase
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2008, 04:09:20 AM »
Tornado wheels are better. Looks nice, that said.

Offline Somebody

• SomebodyofGTM
    • View Profile
    • My site
    • Awards
Condor's showcase
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2008, 08:20:04 AM »
Looks good. Epic Flailure is alot harder than it looks (I played it online) that thing spins FAST.

Offline Condor33

• Super Heavyweight
  • Alpha One
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Condor's showcase
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2008, 03:20:26 PM »
New bots, haven't gotten pix of Meltdown yet.

This is Radical Flipperectimy. It does what it says on the box, and can remove any flipper from any robot, PLUS it owns against wedges. Unfortunately, it isn't very easy to drive. Here's the aftermath of my fight vs Smashbox 2

Also, HELLicopter

I was going to make a new Pon2n, to be called "Pwn2n," but I went for saws instead of hammers, and got this. It works fairly well, and carries an altitude control device I invented, allowing it to do dropping attacks on opponents.