Author Topic: Clickbeetle's DSL bots  (Read 85803 times)

Offline WeN

• #1 Malaysian Idiot
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 8
  • totsugeki!!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: thatwenguy
Re: Clickbeetle's DSL bots
« Reply #500 on: August 06, 2018, 01:53:14 AM »
Edit: Still not used to the new image-uploading system; not sure what's going on with the thumbnails at the bottom.
maybe use imgur or something than a attachment image system.
also DON'T TELL ME YOU HAD READ MY ATTACHMENT SYSTEM TUTORIAL

Ephialtes and Supercell (and also thunderclap) look cool, wait hold on, extender wedge count as a weapon?

Offline Billy5545

• Best Newcomer 2018
  • Rep: 4
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: Kendor#3191
« Reply #501 on: August 06, 2018, 03:09:40 AM »
Edit: Still not used to the new image-uploading system; not sure what's going on with the thumbnails at the bottom.
maybe use imgur or something than a attachment image system.
also DON'T TELL ME YOU HAD READ MY ATTACHMENT SYSTEM TUTORIAL

Ephialtes and Supercell (and also thunderclap) look cool, wait hold on, extender wedge count as a weapon?
You mean those lexan/polycarbonate, alu, ti, steel, and colored wedgelets? Yes, they have DP, so they can deal damage, and the description said that they can be used as a spike too aside from a wedge. And for weapon use, some people used the wedgelet as tooth for custom extender made disc

Offline RedAce

• Host of The Award Winning Deathmatch Series
  • Rep: 21
  • Yep, I'm that RedAce guy.
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: ThatRedAceGuy#3618
« Reply #502 on: August 06, 2018, 12:18:00 PM »
The new Ephialtes looks much better for the motors, and I guess now the back support isn't as distracting now, but eh, I'll never be happy with anything.

Supercell and Thunderclap look way better, and I kinda like the lightning bolt looks functional and cool, if not a bit goofy on Thunderclap.

Also, you mention my AI pack, and I don't mean to get far off-topic, but how often do you get crashes with that pack, cause I hear more crashes are coming from that.  Still, good to know lots of people are still getting a fair amount of use out of that pack, even I need to really update that thing to modern standards.

Offline Clickbeetle

• Rep: 21
  • In Soviet Russia, bugs stomp YOU!
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Beetle Bros site
    • Awards
« Reply #503 on: August 07, 2018, 01:05:32 AM »
Also, you mention my AI pack, and I don't mean to get far off-topic, but how often do you get crashes with that pack, cause I hear more crashes are coming from that.  Still, good to know lots of people are still getting a fair amount of use out of that pack, even I need to really update that thing to modern standards.

I was getting random mid-battle crashes a lot, but I wasn't sure what the reason was.  I *think* it's something to do with Supercell 2, but I'm not sure what.  It (surprisingly) doesn't break the 7-component chain "limit".  Other bots I've tried in RedAce AI have not crashed as often.  Supercell 2 also crashes sometimes in standard DSL AI, though *perhaps* not as often.  It's hard to test for this, not knowing what actually causes the crashes.

To lack feeling is to be dead, but to act on every feeling is to be a child.
-Brandon Sanderson, The Way of Kings

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
  • Rep: 3
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #504 on: August 07, 2018, 09:34:50 PM »
supercell kicks ass