Author Topic: Billy's DSL Showcase Build and Try  (Read 10719 times)

Offline Billy5545

• Best Newcomer 2018
  • Rep: 4
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: Kendor#3191
Re: Billy's DSL Showcase Build and Try
« Reply #80 on: May 08, 2019, 04:20:22 AM »
Overcutter is pretty cool. Have you considered moving the drive motors up 1/2 ticks and/or using wide ant wheels in order to reduce the ground clearance?
Don't think of it yet. Will try to BFE it up as you said that you mentioned it. Idk if I have the weight for wide ants though

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • I wish to be with my people
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2019
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: May 08, 2019, 04:25:32 AM »
IIRC wide ants are .5kg lighter than large ants but don't quote me on that edit: nvm thought you were using large ants not smalls
also lol at most toxic guy around calling others out on this sh**
Google Drive with my newer bots

Offline Billy5545

• Best Newcomer 2018
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: May 09, 2019, 08:29:55 AM »
Made another new bot, this time upgrading OverChopper Gen II into OverChopper Gen III. This time, it features a new, more unique chassis. It also have two NPC Fasts with small Colsons, a long and ant batts, 6mag for the weapon, all aluminium extenders and panels, and a bar mpunted at 22.5 degree angle with 50x150 DSL bar plus some aluminium extenders, two large typhoons, and two large beaters. The armor is also Alu5. Weight is 799.6

OverChopper Gen III.png

Offline Billy5545

• Best Newcomer 2018
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: May 09, 2019, 10:38:10 AM »
Double post, but also upgraded my SHW, OverCleaver, into OverCleaver Gen II. It has 4 TWMR2 drives, two longs and maybe two ants IIRC, Ti5 armor, all aluminium extenderwork, and Dual Perm motor. The bar is also mpunted at 30 degrees and doubled, with two 50x150 bars, four large typhoons, and four large beaters. Weight is 1199.2

OverCleaver Gen II.png

Offline moziet

• rat
  • Antweight
  • Rep: 0
  • why does code get a pink name and not me :o(
    • https://www.youtube.com/u
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: moziet#6338
« Reply #84 on: May 24, 2019, 08:22:47 AM »
holy sh** BILLY YOUVE IMPROVED SO MUCH
I LOVE THESE!!!

(no homo)
jump jump jump jump

Showcase: https://gametechmods.com/forums/dsl-tc-showcases/moz-fails-at-dsl/
Tournaments:

Offline Billy5545

• Best Newcomer 2018
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: May 24, 2019, 10:09:00 AM »
Decided to beef up Nature's Defender by making a HW version, for BSRaven's tourney. It weighs 797.0. It now has a whole steel plate rather than titanium, extra ant batts and intercooled batt, additions to flipping arm, hinged wedgelets, Ti5 armor, etc.

screenshot_187.png

screenshot_185.png

screenshot_186.png

So, the wedgelet is like that in the internal pic because of pause break. It's actually normal

Offline Olister92

• Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
  • Trust no one, suspect everyone
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Olister92#9751
« Reply #86 on: May 24, 2019, 10:14:42 AM »
looks alright from what I can see, ant batts are pretty useless so you can always ditch a few of them to make other upgrades

Offline Billy5545

• Best Newcomer 2018
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: May 24, 2019, 10:25:51 AM »
looks alright from what I can see, ant batts are pretty useless so you can always ditch a few of them to make other upgrades
Tbh, idk what to do, and I don't want to panel my chassis either. It's also meant to be beefed up from the CW version, so. Also, just want to say, but it has a piston too. Don't have pic of it though, but not sure if a piston that runs almost parallely with the the flipping arm, only slightly angled away from it, is legal or not. May make a diagram if I can

Offline Billy5545

• Best Newcomer 2018
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: May 24, 2019, 10:16:03 PM »
Made a HW version of V2. 795.2 in weight. Made the forks a bit longer, made the wedge longer, added wheelguard and extenderwork, replaced batt with one long and one ant, armor replaced with St5 IIRC, and added steel shark teeth to the disc

V2_HW.png

Offline GIRTHQUAKE

• Antweight
  • Awards HOW MANY SHRIMP DO YOU HAVE TO EAT BEFORE YOUR SKIN TURNS PINK Donated money for site hosting 2021
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: GIRTHQUAKE#8520
« Reply #89 on: May 28, 2019, 11:17:00 PM »
Made a HW version of V2. 795.2 in weight. Made the forks a bit longer, made the wedge longer, added wheelguard and extenderwork, replaced batt with one long and one ant, armor replaced with St5 IIRC, and added steel shark teeth to the disc

[ Quoting of attachment images from other messages is not allowed ]

This honestly to me is one of the most "This could be a real robot" robots I've seen here. Not throwing a bunch of colors at it really sells that look too.

Offline Billy5545

• Best Newcomer 2018
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #90 on: July 04, 2019, 07:11:27 AM »
Using this showcase now. Sorry for the tourney being delayed because I spent time building and also have other stuffs IRL taking my time. Anyway, made Mecha Shapeshifter. It's an extenderbot designed to have every weapon type. However, I decided to make four first. They are axe, top front hinge flipper, flamer wedge, and VS. Splash pic:

Mecha_Shapeshifter.png

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • I wish to be with my people
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2019
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #91 on: July 04, 2019, 08:22:31 AM »
VS is kinda :puke:. Axe looks nice except the bottom of the axe shaft looks a bit empty, some more filling in around the motor would be nice IMO. I like the idea of the flamer, but you're 50kg underweight and 1 medium tank is nowhere near enough for 2 flamethrowers.
also lol at most toxic guy around calling others out on this sh**
Google Drive with my newer bots

Offline Billy5545

• Best Newcomer 2018
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: July 04, 2019, 09:10:19 AM »
VS is kinda :puke:. Axe looks nice except the bottom of the axe shaft looks a bit empty, some more filling in around the motor would be nice IMO. I like the idea of the flamer, but you're 50kg underweight and 1 medium tank is nowhere near enough for 2 flamethrowers.
Oof at the VS statement. As for the axe, so you mean like motor cover or fake axle. Honestly, the weight is 798.5, and Idk if I want to compromise the tail. And the flamer is meant more as a pusher tbh, and the flame is secondary actually. And it's one tank because I don't have enough space and too lazy to BFE too for more tanks by moving positions for compact internal

Also, extra pics

screenshot_218.png

screenshot_214.png

screenshot_209.png

screenshot_210.png

screenshot_212.png

Offline Billy5545

• Best Newcomer 2018
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: August 05, 2019, 03:49:23 AM »
Made another new bot, called Eagle's Hawk. It's for OW4 and maybe MM3 too. 796.1 in weight. Steel5 armor. 2 NPC Fasts on the front and 2 Regular NPCs on the back. It also has two flatmotors, and four small typhoons. Two long and two ant batteries. OBJ chassis, which doesn't break the face limit. Wedgelets are steel for the extender, and ti and alu for the wedgelets itself. It won't do damage though of course for OW4, so it will just be durability against real weapon

Edit: Forgot the pic

Eagles_Hawk.png