Author Topic: Billy's DSL Showcase Build and Try  (Read 10719 times)

Offline Wambo

• Beetleweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Billy's DSL Showcase Build and Try
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2019, 10:15:01 AM »
Finally something better as I got a bit of time when doing it. The HW version of Darwinian Predator Gen II. No internal shot or good pic because no time for that. 799.1 for main clamp config and 791.1 for flipper. 20kg counterweight on clamp, and 40 on flipper. Parts are alu for front plate and side parts, as well as top plate and rear part of bottom plate. Steel for front part of bottom plate and head. Features a srimech powered by a very small VDMA.
  [ Quoting of attachment images from other messages is not allowed ]  
Awesome robot!  :mrgreen: I just noticed, that clamping blade has to fight Darwinian Predator in OW3. I think this will just depend on, who can get in underneath, but I'm sure it will be a good fight :popcorn

Offline Billy5545

• Best Newcomer 2018
  • Rep: 4
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: Kendor#3191
« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2019, 05:03:08 PM »
Finally something better as I got a bit of time when doing it. The HW version of Darwinian Predator Gen II. No internal shot or good pic because no time for that. 799.1 for main clamp config and 791.1 for flipper. 20kg counterweight on clamp, and 40 on flipper. Parts are alu for front plate and side parts, as well as top plate and rear part of bottom plate. Steel for front part of bottom plate and head. Features a srimech powered by a very small VDMA.
Awesome robot!  :mrgreen: I just noticed, that clamping blade has to fight Darwinian Predator in OW3. I think this will just depend on, who can get in underneath, but I'm sure it will be a good fight :popcorn
Well, the first DP is bad tbh. Panels BFE'ed to extenders to give it cleaner look, but also a using the extenders to be vulnerable as they take damage the same time, smartzone far behind so the bot can't attack most of the time, and static wedge

Offline Naryar

• Rep: 21
  • hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2019, 09:16:23 PM »
can the tail flail around ? it would be nice if it could be used as a flail weapon

Offline Billy5545

• Best Newcomer 2018
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2019, 09:35:19 PM »
can the tail flail around ? it would be nice if it could be used as a flail weapon
I put the tail on axle. But unlike the first version's tail, I don't use a weapon component at all. The black bits are 45 degree angle extenders

Offline Billy5545

• Best Newcomer 2018
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2019, 04:48:04 AM »
Made an AW as a part of a LW cluster. It's named Antbar Gen II, and meant to be an upgrade to my Orc's Wars Overclocked entry, Antbar. The main change is swapping from an angled overhead bar to a vertical bar. The extender are all alu, drive are two astroflights, weapon motor is one flatmotor, and battery is one intercooled. Armor is Pl3, while the weight is 124.0kg

Offline Billy5545

• Best Newcomer 2018
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2019, 08:36:09 AM »
Made a new CW named Nature's Defender. OBJ chassis with Alu5 armor. Flipping arm is powered by two regular VDMA's and made of aluminium entirely. Drive is two TWM3R2 drives with Buster wheels. Three longs and two ants for power. Titanium front plate. 599.9 in weight. Only gripe is the chassis not being centered, but way forward, the front plate not fitting perfectly, and the bot being unable to self right due to the flipping arc from fake pistons

Natures_Defender-01.png

screenshot_148.png

Offline Billy5545

• Best Newcomer 2018
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2019, 05:22:03 AM »
Made two new bots. First, the other part of my LW cluster, as an AW called SawnDisc Gen II. It has a saw powered by a flatmotor, two copals, an intercooled batt, and alu3 armor. It also has two static aluminium wedgelets in the front, with a longer wedgelets and shorter wedgelets.

SawnDisc Gen II.png

Second, an upgrade to a CW called V1, named V2. It is a VS which has four smalls, and powered by a Perm 132. It has two ant bats and an intercooled. It also has two TW3R2 drives with treads, steel wedge and steel hinged wedgelets, alu5 armor, aluminium support, etc.

V2.png

Offline KidDelta

• Treasure Sniper
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • "To Comfort the Disturbed, and Disturb the Comfort
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: X Æ A-12#8572
« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2019, 05:31:03 AM »
V2 looks Awesome!
I shouldn't have come here

Offline 09090901

• competitive irl
  • Rep: 22
  • anti-boomer super soldier
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2019, 06:47:39 AM »
bretty cool BOSSman
DSL-IRL is the libtard’s meta. Go drink more soylent, retard! #BLUELIVESMATTER

Offline superbomb122

• toomuchweight
  • Heavyweight
  • Really nothing special
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: superbomb122 #3549
« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2019, 09:19:11 AM »
V2 is badass my dude! Though the disc is a little weird right now. See if you can change it to a more solid looking weapon, like a drisc or something
Phantom- OW4 quarterfinalist and PWS6 runner-up
All Guts, No Glory- CUndisputed Champ obv
Everything else I've made- sh**

Delete your account smh

(Phantom is cool)

Offline Hoppin

• I save GTM
  • Rep: 10
  • -rep TheRoboteer. "queermint"
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Hoppin#0013
« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2019, 09:28:14 AM »
V2 is badass my dude! Though the disc is a little weird right now. See if you can change it to a more solid looking weapon, like a drisc or something

This, also shuffle the right tread forward
Things I did & done

Offline Billy5545

• Best Newcomer 2018
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: May 03, 2019, 09:59:04 AM »
It's meant to be a disc where the typhoons are sandwiched between two discs for a disc, as inspired from TR. Though I suppose it's because of how the teeth are arranged

May try a drum between the discs with the drisc idea for it. Just hope that the typhoon won't look messy on it as i can't be bothered to BFE them down, or put them on the discs itself rather than on the drum or extender, after Sweet Drum and Dardanera respectively

This, also shuffle the right tread forward
Tbh for that tread, didn't notice it was asymmetrical until Pwnator pointed it out. Will fix it

Offline Redalert

• The inventor of Wandering Spinners and invincirammers
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: -48
  • Yes, I’m an outsider.
    • View Profile
    • RedStorm's RA2 website
    • Awards
  • Discord: RedStorm
« Reply #72 on: May 03, 2019, 10:07:15 AM »
The LW looks great.
The Treaded VS has made Bots on treads cool again for me.

Offline Billy5545

• Best Newcomer 2018
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: May 03, 2019, 10:19:10 AM »
The LW looks great.
Just to clarify, but it's actually an AW. It's paired with the green bar VS AW on this page above as a LW cluster

Offline Redalert

• The inventor of Wandering Spinners and invincirammers
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: -48
  • Yes, I’m an outsider.
    • View Profile
    • RedStorm's RA2 website
    • Awards
  • Discord: RedStorm
« Reply #74 on: May 03, 2019, 10:20:14 AM »
The LW looks great.
Just to clarify, but it's actually an AW. It's paired with the green bar VS AW on this page above as a LW cluster

Ah.

Offline Billy5545

• Best Newcomer 2018
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #75 on: May 03, 2019, 11:22:00 PM »
Decided to do a bit of cleanup on V2, by adding a drum on the disc, as well as making the treads symmetrical. I also added a 12cm round extender on one side of the disc so it will be connected with the support. Have to reduce the side decoration on the tread and remove an ant batt though, so it only have one intercooled and one ant. It also now weighs 600.0kg

screenshot_160.png

screenshot_161.png

Offline 090901

• alcoholic in denial
  • Rep: 22
  • :mrgreen:
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 GTMCS2 Divison Winner GTMCS Division Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2019, 12:45:39 AM »
sick

Offline GIRTHQUAKE

• Antweight
  • Awards HOW MANY SHRIMP DO YOU HAVE TO EAT BEFORE YOUR SKIN TURNS PINK Donated money for site hosting 2021
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: GIRTHQUAKE#8520
« Reply #77 on: May 04, 2019, 02:23:58 AM »
Decided to do a bit of cleanup on V2, by adding a drum on the disc, as well as making the treads symmetrical. I also added a 12cm round extender on one side of the disc so it will be connected with the support. Have to reduce the side decoration on the tread and remove an ant batt though, so it only have one intercooled and one ant. It also now weighs 600.0kg

The weapon supports look so good, I'm jealous.

Offline Billy5545

• Best Newcomer 2018
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: May 08, 2019, 04:02:37 AM »

The weapon supports look so good, I'm jealous.
Late answer, but tbh, it's not that hard. First off, about the envy part, honestly I'm not that good or creative at extenderwork unlike Neon or Superbomb, or even you, and envy their ability and creativity to make great extenderwork. I usually spend my weight on armor or other stuffs.

For how I made the support itself, I just used a 12cm extender on the main part of the motor, put a 10cm extender and two 10 degree extenders on opposite sides, and put two different extenders. I then put a 120cm extender on the disc axle. The rest is just smaller extenders and 45 or 40 degree angle extenders.

Anyway, moving on to showcasing bots, made three new bots first is Flipping Beetle Gen II, and upgrade to Flipping Beetle. It is now a Britflipper rear hinged, with alu3 IIRC, short VDMA, alu panel, two slim bodies, and two intercooleds. It's also 174.0kg. Not satisfied with it though tbh when comparing it to other Britflipper BW's.

Flipping Beetle Gen II.png

Next is my LW, OverCutter. I made it today, before even doing OverChopper Gen III, after trying to do Stab Runner Gen II, but losing it from the file being corrupted both times. The whole design is meant to be the new Gen III design. Anyway, it has Ti3 armor, flatmotor for the bar, which is 37.5 x 150 I think, aluminum extenderwork, titanium panels at the front, two astroflights, and a long and ant batts. The bar is also mounted 30 degrees. Weight is 247.0kg. It will also go on LDAI 3 if I can make all my bots for it

OverCutter.png

Finally, my MW, Di-Trouble Gen II. Decided to update it up to my current building standard from when I first competed almost a year ago. It is now HUGE inspired. Alu5 armor IIRC, two TWM3R drives, two flat motors, eight medium beaters made using Pokebro's setup for four teeth in total, and a long and ant batts. The pushing arms are aluminium entirely. It also has two control boards to replicate the inspiration of separate control for each sides. Forgot the exact weight however.

Di-Trouble Gen II.png

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • I wish to be with my people
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2019
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: May 08, 2019, 04:14:50 AM »
Overcutter is pretty cool. Have you considered moving the drive motors up 1/2 ticks and/or using wide ant wheels in order to reduce the ground clearance?
also lol at most toxic guy around calling others out on this sh**
Google Drive with my newer bots