Author Topic: Billy's DSL Showcase Build and Try  (Read 10721 times)

Offline Billy5545

• Best Newcomer 2018
  • Rep: 4
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: Kendor#3191
Re: Billy's DSL Showcase Build and Try
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2018, 08:55:55 AM »
Too lazy to make not simple, and descriptive BOTM style splashes now, so here's a bot dump of a new bot and unshowcased IRL and DSL-S stuffs. Starting from DSL-S

Duangle
It is a LW dual bar VS, with two TWM3R drives and two TWM3R weapon motors. Alu 5 and weight can be seen on BOTM splash. Btw, this was entered on last month's challenge belt.

screenshot_58.png

screenshot_59.png

HoriVert
A weirdly and inefficiently designed VS plus HS for some reason. NPC Fasts and Ti5, with 397kg of weight I think. Two Perm 45's drive a Mech disc and a 50x100 bar (I think). Alu skirt. Entered to my challenge with Nightraven Shade.

screenshot_65.png

screenshot_66.png

Antbar
Moving to IRL stuff, AW angled bar spinner. Pl3 and around 124kg in weight. Other infos in the internals. Entered to OWO, where it lost it's only battle.

screenshot_68.png

screenshot_67.png

Flipping Beetle
BW for OWO, that managed to reach the finals. Alu3 and weights around 172kg. Flipping arm is all alu. Flipper motor is fast magsnapper. Also, low res and wrong aligned skin

screenshot_70.png

screenshot_69.png

Seed Killer
My new bot. Extenderbot, with reskinned panels, all alu construct except top plate, which is poly, and front wedge, which is steel. Two NPC fasts and two TWM3, as well as geared beta and 50kg worth of counterweight. It's supposed to be themed on birds. Weight is 799.6kg

screenshot_61.png

screenshot_62.png

screenshot_63.png

screenshot_64.png

Edit: Just realized that I forgot to showcase my IRL LW, Stab Runner
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 09:16:20 AM by Billy5545 »

Offline Billy5545

• Best Newcomer 2018
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2018, 08:17:09 AM »
Still too lazy to do BOTM style splashes, but well, here are the new stuffs plus updates

First, Stab Runner, which I forgot to showcase.

screenshot_73.png

screenshot_72.png

Don't know armor, but maybe it's Ti3 or Alu5 IIRC. And I think the wedge is titanium.

Next, update to Angry Bird: Seed Killer.

screenshot_79.png

screenshot_80.png

It now has sturdier poly top plate and alu wedgelets, as well as the wheels being changed, among other minor changes

Update to OverChopper Gen II

screenshot_74.png

screenshot_75.png

Basically, stripped the typhoons in favor of the wheelguard, which is a mix of alu and ti, as well as looking sturdier now. I also changed the wheels to smaller ones, though too lazy to BFE them inward. Also removed an ant batt

And finally, a new bot, and it will get long, so prepare yourself

screenshot_76.png

screenshot_77.png

screenshot_78.png

It's named Sweet Drum, a pun on Sweet Dream. It originated because I originally had an idea to make a Nightmare clone, but without a giant vertical disc. A drum soon came to mind, and then I thought of straightening the part holding the drive to make the bot invertible.

As for the build process, it's honestly real hectic. The bot simply doesn't come as I hope, especially with the wheels. The drum keeps AGOD'ing as well as being too low that it hits the ground, so I'm forced to use large wheels rather than smaller ones I'm hoping for. The other reason for larger wheels is also because the Perm sticking out from the bottom too caused the wheels to not touch the ground. That change in turn forced me to use typhoons just because of the range, though I still have to BFE them in, and god, it's pretty difficult. In the end, I gave up, making the typhoons messy. I also think the drive part is a bit too long

Anyway, for the bot itself, two Perm 132's for drum, and two decorative flatmotors. You read that right, decorative flatmotors. It serves no purpose, not even to scummily boost the drum, because it will be stupid, but only as some kind of a belt. I was inspired by Thyrus' drumbot, SCORN, for that, when he said for people to pretend the flats on it are belts. Pics for proof I didn't wire the flat

screenshot_81.png

screenshot_82.png

Back to the bot again, Alu5 for armor, and two NPC Fasts. The extension, on the other hand, is made up of some alu panels and a lot of small alu extenders.

Edit: Just noticed an extender for SD pokes out. May try fixing it, because it seems to sometimes poke when I open the bot, and sometimes not. I don't even change the position of it

And here is my showcase for now
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 09:04:56 AM by Billy5545 »

Offline Philippa

• The Queen of GTM
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
  • ✊ Viva la Standard! ✊
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2018, 08:24:43 AM »
New Overchopper looks a bit nicer now that you've made things flow into each other better, compared to the "weapon on box" it was before.

Offline Billy5545

• Best Newcomer 2018
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2018, 04:31:01 PM »
Posting more bots. No BOTM style splashes too as too lazy and haven't made one yet

First is HexaVortex Gen II. Changes made from old versipn include shortening the chassis with BFE, redesigning the shell to be shorter and used armor panels, added a new pole made of steel, and use a 6mag for weapon. It's also more stable. Alu5

screenshot_38-1.png

screenshot_37-1.png

Next is Darwinian Predator HW. I used the extra weight from the CW version to strengthen armor, turning the bottom plate into all steel from the all alu of CW. I also made the top plate ti, and the front plate steel. In addition, I added a tail, few decorations, a new battery, and a new srimech powered by a extra short VDMA. Though it doesn't function as it's light and the game glitch when firing a srimech that goes too fast for some reason

screenshot_49.png

screenshot_47.png

screenshot_44-1.png

Offline Hoppin

• I save GTM
  • Rep: 10
  • -rep TheRoboteer. "queermint"
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Hoppin#0013
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2018, 07:17:46 PM »
Unit. Unut.

Things I did & done

Offline Billy5545

• Best Newcomer 2018
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2018, 03:40:23 AM »
Made a SHW named OverGasher. Initially made it for an ARC tourney. It is meant to be a part of the OverChopper line. Drive is four NPC fasts. The weapon motor is a Dual Perm. It is powered by four intercooled batts. Wedge is steel, except for edge part. Armor is Ti10. It's weight is 1200kg.

screenshot_86.png

screenshot_87.png

screenshot_88.png

Offline Billy5545

• Best Newcomer 2018
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2018, 05:46:32 AM »
Posting more bots here. First is my new MW for HW PvP cluster, Blowtorch. It is flame themed. It has two NPC Fasts with two doubled Hypno wheels. In addition, it also has a steel wedge on the front with hinged titanium wedgelets. There are two flamethrowers. The bot's powered by two red batts and a large air tank. Ti5. Weight's around 397kg

screenshot_90.png

screenshot_89.png

Second bot is a HW I have an idea of for several weeks, Dardanera. My idea is to basically make a spinner that is slow and large, but tough, powerful, and well armored. Weight is 793.7kg. The weapon is a drisc powered by two Perm 132 with four small typhoons. It has a steel wedge in the front. Drive is merely two TWM3R drives. It also features recolored teeth, drum, and hinged small wedge. It's powered by two longs. Also alu5 armor because weight and figuring out that the chassis may have the same, if not a bit more health than a low and compact Ti5 chassis. Name is randomly thought out. Only gripe is the weapon slot.

screenshot_92.png

screenshot_93.png

screenshot_91.png

Offline KidDelta

• Treasure Sniper
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • "To Comfort the Disturbed, and Disturb the Comfort
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: X Æ A-12#8572
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2018, 06:51:45 AM »
Blowtorch has A LOT of space between the inner components and the wedge. Reduce the space, and also change the chassis shape so it is rectangular-ish. What I'm saying is, just Crash-and-Burn it.
I shouldn't have come here

Offline Billy5545

• Best Newcomer 2018
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2018, 08:29:27 AM »
More bots. First is Ring of Destruction Gen II. This first DSL-IRL bot entered to a tourney by me is now upgraded to be more aesthetic and faster. The ring now consists of a solid 200cm disc, two large typhoons, and extenderwork around the teeth as bearings. As for the bot itself, it's powered by a long and intercooled batt. Four NPC Fasts. Alu3, and 794.8 in weight.

RoD.png

Second is V1. A CW that was unfinished before I decided to finish it today for Pathfinder, it is a VS inspired by bits of Nazi war machine, hence the color and name. It featured two NPC Fasts and two Slimbodies. It is also powered by a long, intercooled, and ant batt. The extenderwork for support is all alu, while the wedge (including wedgelets, which are hinged) is steel. 594.8 in weight, and Ti3

V1.png

Finally, Angry Bird: Seed Killer Gen II. It is an upgrade to Seed Killer. I decided to make the shape not boxy and more closer to it's inspiration, beta and TerrorHurtz. Two intercooled for power. Two TWMR2 Drives for drive and geared beta for weapon. The weapon also uses 40kg of counterweight. The front and side are steel, the top is polycarbonate, and the bottom plate is titanium. The side panels are also reskinned. My only gripe is the messy angled side and top. 792.7 in weight

SK.png

Offline WhatAmI

• help
  • Antweight
  • Rep: -9
  • nope
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2018, 07:37:02 AM »
Ring of Destruction Gen II: Noice.
V1: I thought it was a Free Shipping ripoff, but then I saw the disc.
Angry Bird: Seed Killer Gen II: MAN, THAT IS  X T R A T H I C C AND SMEXY.

Offline Billy5545

• Best Newcomer 2018
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2018, 08:58:29 AM »
Finally upgraded Darwinian Predator Gen II for NW2 and Alloftheman's tourney, which is on signup in Discord now. Less compact than first version and more fragile too, being all alu. The side is also extenderspammy. On the other hand, the bot retains the same drive power, but improved with hinged mouth wedge, plus better aesthetics and panel skin. The bit also have a flipper config, with 30kg of counterweight. All in all, satisfied of how the bot now looks tbh

screenshot_116.png

screenshot_115.png

screenshot_114.png

screenshot_113.png

screenshot_117.png

Offline 8bean

• Professional Tourney Rigger
  • Rep: 10
  • I'm on discord probably
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: 8bean#4514
Stuff I didn't suck at (from oldest to newest)

Offline Billy5545

• Best Newcomer 2018
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2018, 08:02:43 AM »
Made a new HW. This time it's an upgrade to my Orc's Wars Overclocked entry, Terminating Cutter II. It's called Terminating Cutter Gen III. It has a bar that is supposed to be reused from the second version, with the bar being same. All aluminium construct, because I think a lot of the weight went because of the bot's size, as well as using a lot of extenders for connection point. Tried to go for a unique chassis design though. Two NPC Fasts for drive, and a Perm 132 for weapon. Three ant batts. Two reskinned panels. It also has an alternate VS config. Weight is around 797 for the main config and 799.1 for the VS config.

TCIII.png

Offline Dreamcast

• Rep: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: December 25, 2018, 08:48:48 PM »
It's funky looking in a good way. I like the vert configuration the most.

Offline Reier

• Rieir
  • Rep: 8
  • I GOT 3RD IN RAW1
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
  • Awards old BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: December 26, 2018, 02:15:20 AM »
you should come up with a setup that you can rotate mid-battle
ALERT- Another WS coming up...
voted best bot builder two times and counting babayy. the best ra2 builder who has never won an actual tournament match
ReiAI pack for Ironforge
My drawings, and my webcomics
Why online PVP will save RA2
The problem with competitive IRL in RA2
I'm fine with hugging reier

Offline Billy5545

• Best Newcomer 2018
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2019, 04:54:10 PM »
Decided to showcase this bad gimmick bot, a cannonbot, because want to show all bots I ever made, rather than left them unshown in my game, and also because I won't have anything to showcase for the next few months due to RL stuff.

billy_custom.png

It's made three months ago by the way. And no, as I said before, this will be a gimmick bot for fun, and not for competitive stuff anymore whatsoever.

In addition, just to add to the name, but the Black Flag name actually came from me remembering Assassin's Creeds IV: Black Flag when someone mentioned about pirates

Offline Billy5545

• Best Newcomer 2018
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2019, 07:51:09 AM »
Finally something better as I got a bit of time when doing it. The HW version of Darwinian Predator Gen II. No internal shot or good pic because no time for that. 799.1 for main clamp config and 791.1 for flipper. 20kg counterweight on clamp, and 40 on flipper. Parts are alu for front plate and side parts, as well as top plate and rear part of bottom plate. Steel for front part of bottom plate and head. Features a srimech powered by a very small VDMA.

screenshot_130.png

screenshot_129.png

Offline SagarisRA2

• Orc's Favourite Son
  • Middleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2019, 07:58:53 AM »
What a unit

Offline Team Code Red Robotics

• Based
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -10
  • Based
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Code#4035
« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2019, 08:09:43 AM »
Finally something better as I got a bit of time when doing it. The HW version of Darwinian Predator Gen II. No internal shot or good pic because no time for that. 799.1 for main clamp config and 791.1 for flipper. 20kg counterweight on clamp, and 40 on flipper. Parts are alu for front plate and side parts, as well as top plate and rear part of bottom plate. Steel for front part of bottom plate and head. Features a srimech powered by a very small VDMA.
  [ Quoting of attachment images from other messages is not allowed ]  
The UNIT is back in town
The UNIT is back in town

The UNIT is back in town again!
Based

Offline Sickle robotics

• Most improved 2019.
  • Middleweight
  • Also know as SolaR
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: SolaR#7815
« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2019, 11:51:02 AM »

absolute unit.